Siam Man

i Check Inn Soi 7/1

Quick straw poll iCheck Nana or Le Fenix 2 nights. Which would you go for? (And anyone asking 'what do you plan to do?'gets a clip round the ear).

Quick straw poll iCheck Nana or Le Fenix 2 nights. Which would you go for? (And anyone asking 'what do you plan to do?'gets a clip round the ear).

I've stayed at both within the last 6 months. i Check Inn is closer to the Nana action and CIB located on soi 7/1 is more convenient I found. i Check Inn is a smaller hotel and the cost is less. LeFenix has been coming down in price. It's located at the back of Soi 11 which isn't that far but if you try to take a gurl back in a Taxi prepare to stop and go making you want to get out and walk. LeFenix has more amenities like Swimming pool, Restaurant, and The Nest which is a roof top bar with live music. LeFenix does have a shuttle which takes right to Nana Station BTS entrance but that only runs till 8:30. More desk space in i Check Inn.

I don't recall seeing computers in the lobby at LeFenix which is on the second floor. i Check has a couple and they have free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate machine where you push a button and it makes it for you. both are guest friendly, but i Check is more versed being in the thick of a pay for play area.

Noise levels is where LeFenix would win out. If loud base beats bother you Le Fenix would be the better call and is a lot more quite. I have no problem sleeping through the pounding base that starts in the afternoon. i check Inn also has a ladyboy bar right next door in Sweetheart Bar which had about 4 LB's at least I noticed a week ago. Was quite funny when they would see me marching into i check Inn with one on my arm giving me the look of why not you take me?

I found both good for taking in room photos. :Camera:

Thanks mate. I'm leaning towards iCheck Nana purely for ease of access to the cultural delights. Will attempt some serious debauchery and then chill a bit in On Nut. That's the plan. (Cue knowing laughter.....)

Another plus about i Check Inn is bringing a second guest is no issue with them. They simply take both ID's. I don't do 3-some to often but it's nice to know there is no hassle bringing back two. I'm sure Randyandy put that to test a few times.

IMG_1287.jpg

Another plus about i Check Inn is bringing a second guest is no issue with them. They simply take both ID's. I don't do 3-some to often but it's nice to know there is no hassle bringing back two. I'm sure Randyandy put that to test a few times.

attachicon.gifIMG_1287.jpg

Siam Man, I really like the girl pics you took in the rooms. Quality Stuff!. Seeing them gave me an urge to come back to Bangkok to bang Som again :P .

BTW, a side question.

Thanks for the additional info on that Mardhi. They also have a Silom property too.

I'm glad it worked out for you.

Was there anything good on the television?

attachicon.gifJan 6 CIB 117.JPG

The girl on post #8 on this thread is stunning. Is she from Check In Bar as well?

Siam Man, I really like the girl pics you took in the rooms. Quality Stuff!. Seeing them gave me an urge to come back to Bangkok to bang Som again :P .

BTW, a side question.

The girl on post #8 on this thread is stunning. Is she from Check In Bar as well?

Post 8 is the lovely Sara and she is indeed still at Check In Bar. Pretty reserved doesn't talk unless spoken too and not much English.

I just checked out this morning after a 5 night stay. Short walk down to the BTS station up 7 steps with my bag and then it was escalators the rest of the was to the airport. It's hard to deviate from this place with the prices, and the location. I use the BTS so much and the bars I frequent are all close. The staff is great with guests and always polite with them.

Thanks, Siam Man, and good info.

Not sure if I can squeeze in another trip for this year, but if I do, I am sure I would get a room from Checkin 7 or back to the Grand Inn Hotel.

Thanks, Siam Man, and good info.

Not sure if I can squeeze in another trip for this year, but if I do, I am sure I would get a room from Checkin 7 or back to the Grand Inn Hotel.

I like both places, but Grand Inn seems to fluctuate in prices more for whatever reason. i Check Inn on Soi 7/1 is better for BTS. One thing I haven't taken advantage of is having a Ladyboy bar right door in Sweetheart Bar.

I don't do 3-some to often but it's nice to know there is no hassle bringing back two. I'm sure Randyandy put that to test a few times

No hassle with my 5 3somes at icheck inn ;). Always tip the cleaners though and bring an extra towel in my case!

image.jpg

As for sweetheart bar next door,it's tricky as don't want to shit on your own doorstep... But the looks and often conversations they strike up with my barfine are funny.

Edited by randyandy69

Stayed there for a few nights last week. I agree with the positive comments made here earlier and will stay there again. Only negative was that they didn't change my towels when cleaning the room but when I pointed that out in the reception someone came to my room with fresh towels after two minutes so not a big problem.

I kind of liked that I can sit in the bed and watch my date get ready for some action. :D

20140810_023833.jpg

Stayed there for a few nights last week. I agree with the positive comments made here earlier and will stay there again. Only negative was that they didn't change my towels when cleaning the room but when I pointed that out in the reception someone came to my room with fresh towels after two minutes so not a big problem.

I kind of liked that I can sit in the bed and watch my date get ready for some action. :D

The glass shower with window to the room is a nice bonus. Shower big enough for two.

It's not such a great view when the post anal sex shit is needed though 55

You can always close the shades, but I like to see what they are up to. The glass messes up photos so I have to step into for a shot.

IMG_2711.jpg

Has definitely become my hotel of choice. I'm trying a new property to me this week, then to Chiang Mai but will probably book a room through their site for my remaining days.

The glass shower with window to the room is a nice bonus. Shower big enough for two.

You can always close the shades, but I like to see what they are up to. The glass messes up photos so I have to step into for a shot.

Nice to see your hormone therapy is coming along nicely. Your Femboy breasts are getting bigger than the lasses breasts in the picture LOL

Nice to see your hormone therapy is coming along nicely. Your Femboy breasts are getting bigger than the lasses breasts in the picture LOL

Yes, but it's not getting rid of the hair as I hoped.

I'd be careful next time you run in to OTS Siamman... He may try to dry hump then barfine you!

I'd be careful next time you run in to OTS Siamman... He may try to dry hump then barfine you!

How do you know if he hasn't already? :D

How do you know if he hasn't already? :D

There was no bar fine when he was free lancing. Now it's a CIB bar fine at owners rate lol

I'm downgrading my previous review on this place. For 2 reasons, the first already mentioned in regards to towels but I'll take it further and comment that house keeping in general is pretty hit and miss. Sometimes I have a hand towel, sometimes not.I booked a double, why do I have to ask for a second bath towel ? Replenishment of soap and shampoo...pot luck. Same quilt cover and bottom sheet now for a week, WTF. Good thing i've been crook and not had anyone back to the loom. I know asking will get it sorted but ya shouldn't have to.

The second problem is out of their control but still a killer for me.

Every night ALL night deep base thumping, maybe it's just impacting the lower floors (I'm on 3, didn't hear it last time on 4). Wandered down to reception at 4 this morning and she thought it was from the "sip song" bar next door. Strange thing is can't hear it from the street. (I first thought it was some dickhead in a car)

Anyway, that's my gripe, for now.

Edited by Blue wizard

The more I stayed at i Check inn the more I found out about some of their policies.. They chaneg sheets every other day of your stay, so if you want fresh sheets it's a 300 baht charge. :Bonkers: If they notice you are staying alone they will try to skimp on the towels, so you have to tell them you want two towels each day. They also pinged me for 130 baht for bar fridge one time. Which meant they made a mistake or Wan of CIB helped herself to a Kit Cat and a Coke. I seriously doubt she would have nicked it and would have asked if she wanted it. So now I get them to empty the fridge when I check in just avoid that again. They kind of nickel and dime guests on things I noticed. They charge me 10 baht aday when I leave a bag with them which I've done on several occasions. No other place I have stayed has done this.

The sound never bothers me, but I have noticed it was rather loud about the time I would go out. I found that soi pretty quite by the time I got home at night.

I've stayed at i Check Inn on Phloenchit since. I like that property better, and I have found the staff to be more relaxed. The rooms are older but bigger and just as nice IMO. They didn't try to short me towels either.

Yeah, you've nailed it with the nickle and dime thing. All small gripes but the sort of things that have people who would otherwise be regulars looking for alternatives. I'd been hoping to settle on this one, mostly because while it was at least on par with similarly priced options in the nana area it had superior location BTS wise.

To me, after this last stay, location is it's only advantage. The 11/1 icheckinn property, Boss suites, Salil 8, even Woraburi with a small pool and OK breakfast outdo it for service.