Rodrigo

Ambassador Hotel Sukhumvit

This is quite a dated hotel. Very old and never been refurbished to modern standards/decor.

It is LB friendly and is in a nice part of town, lots happening around Soi 11 and 13 and a 10 minute walk to Soi 4 / Nana. Thermae Bar is at the top of the road if you fancy some freelance GGs.

If its booked and paid for, then enjoy it. You should hopefully just be needing the hotel to sleep and shag ;)

Thank you. I found it not very good. The reception staff is over worked and under staffed. The queues are long there. The guests staying there are not my cup of tea as they are loud and abrasive and saw many arguing with the front desk staff. Most of these guests have no sense of decency in observing the queue and I saw the front desk actually tell a guest that there is a queue and he should go back to the queue and this brought another mutterings and argument.

I actually saw a verbal argument between a LB and an Indian guest, well there were two Indian men in the kind of covered portion they have in front (where there is a coffee bar) late one night. It is not good for us mongers who fancy LBs for people to behave like that towards LBs.

I am not going to stay there anymore but would shift back to Aspen Suites in the back of Soi 2 if my favourite place, Majestic Grande is not available.

Thank you. I found it not very good. The reception staff is over worked and under staffed. The queues are long there. The guests staying there are not my cup of tea as they are loud and abrasive and saw many arguing with the front desk staff. Most of these guests have no sense of decency in observing the queue and I saw the front desk actually tell a guest that there is a queue and he should go back to the queue and this brought another mutterings and argument.

I actually saw a verbal argument between a LB and an Indian guest, well there were two Indian men in the kind of covered portion they have in front (where there is a coffee bar) late one night. It is not good for us mongers who fancy LBs for people to behave like that towards LBs.

I am not going to stay there anymore but would shift back to Aspen Suites in the back of Soi 2 if my favourite place, Majestic Grande is not available.

Stayed once a couple of years back. The same experiences as you. Changed room twice cause of the ugly bathrooms. They have refurbished some og the rooms, but don´t think they did the bathrooms. A lot of the indians (at the hotel) argue about the bill, even the agreed rate, so if your in line and are in a hurry you are in for trouble.

Pool is ok though, can do some laps there, but not sure if they clean it properly.

Stayed at this hotel a couple years back, I take it most of you all stayed in the standard wing (which like most said is dated). If you stay in the tower, it's pretty decent...I enjoyed my stay. What was really dated was the gym, felt like I was stuck in the 1970's.

Does anyone have any thoughts, comments or insights into this place ? It seems to tick a lot of boxes for me and now that Lady Boy ground zero is centered around Check in and Cindys has a great location.

Stayed here plenty of times, incl most recent trip in Feb.

Usually split my stay between this hotel and a more upclass hotel at 50-50 ratio.

Great choice for pricre range.

Pros:

- Location location location (stone throw away from Cindy's and lustys ladybar), 5 min walk to CIB and 7 min walk to NEP and WN

- LOTS of FLs in soi 11 

- One of the best hotel gyms. A little outdated but huge variety of machines and free weight. They charge non-guests 400b per visit. They also do nightly muay thai for all levels and 1 on 1 for reasonable prices (no farang surcharge).

- Awesome joiner policy. Says max of 1 guest and must leave ID (standard), but they don't mind if u bring multiple anx not leave ID (at your own caution for theft etc). Elevator is near entry and quite far from reception so they don't really pay that much attention to you bringing guests which would be handy for shy guests bringing LBs back

- 2000b pnight(or thereabouts) gets you the deluxe, which is bigger than most rooms in the price range, albeit a little outdated - though clean

Cons

- Don't bother with brekky. Just, don't. Plenty of food nearby instead

- Check in between 2-5pm can be a little long

- Non smoking rooms. Smoking area downstairs near entry

- Clientele not very desirable groups of people, but I choose to ignore that haha

- Most rooms have those showers that are mixed with the bath tub (even the deluxe and prestige rooms). 

I will be staying in this hotel on Tuesday for the first time, felt like a change from Soi 4. I have booked a room in the tower so hopefully it should be ok. What other hotels in Soi 11 do members feel is better which charge a similar price? 

2 hours ago, Terminal said:

I will be staying in this hotel on Tuesday for the first time, felt like a change from Soi 4. I have booked a room in the tower so hopefully it should be ok. What other hotels in Soi 11 do members feel is better which charge a similar price? 

Hotel Eleven, 100 times better than the Ambassador 

Hey guys, I am asking here as I did not find a thread for the hotel eleven and several of you seemed to recommend it rather than the Ambassador.

On 9/24/2023 at 10:31 AM, mike746 said:

Hotel Eleven, 100 times better than the Ambassador  

On 9/24/2023 at 11:47 AM, Long John said:

Yep, stayed there and it is good. 

I am considering to stay in Soi 11 in march and both Ambassador/Eleven are options. I wanted to check what the gym looked like and in particular, if it has:

- treadmill

- pull-up bar

- parralel bar/dips stations

- kettlebel

From what @Alvin_mask said and the pictures I could see, the Ambassador is well equipped. But for Eleven, I could just see two pictures on their websites, showing treadmills. Maybe someone have more details on what is available in the gym?

On 10/1/2023 at 8:59 AM, Terminal said:

Thanks for the recommendation of Hotel eleven, I will book it next time. 

Did you already have the chance to stay there?

Cheers!

2 hours ago, ryeantpsychoaquarius said:

Hey guys, I am asking here as I did not find a thread for the hotel eleven and several of you seemed to recommend it rather than the Ambassador.

I am considering to stay in Soi 11 in march and both Ambassador/Eleven are options. I wanted to check what the gym looked like and in particular, if it has:

- treadmill

- pull-up bar

- kettlebel

From what @Alvin_mask said and the pictures I could see, the Ambassador is well equipped. But for Eleven, I could just see two pictures on their websites, showing treadmills. Maybe someone have more details on what is available in the gym?

Cheers!

Hey mate, like yourself, having a well equipped gym is one of the factors I consider when I choose a hotel.

Ambassador soi 11 defs is up there for a hotel gym at this price range (1600thb or so p/night).

There is no pull up bar/station though, however they do have lat pulldowns. On my most recent visit, they also updated 50% of their machines so you get half new and half old-ish but still very very functional.

Keep in mind that they also allow casual use for 299thb per visit for non hotel guests (reduced from 400b per visit)

Another one with an awesome gym is legacy suites, but it is in soi 29, so quite a bit of a walk away from all the action - but the rooms here are superb and still at around 2000thb per night.

Have never stayed at hotel eleven.

1 hour ago, Alvin_mask said:

Also, might be worth knowing for you, there is a gym near NEP called fitness24seven

500b per visit, 2000b per month.

That way you don't actually have to find a hotel woth a gym.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the additional info man! Worst case, I thought I would go to "thetrack" on Soi 15, but I did not see fitness24seven, it may be a good alternative (at least, it is a cheaper one)!

About eleven hotel: before asking here, I sent them an email saying that I could not see what I was looking for on the pictures from their websites. Their answer was: You can see the gym facilites on our website :handplant:

9 hours ago, ryeantpsychoaquarius said:

- treadmill

- pull-up bar

- kettlebel

Cheers!

If you're a serious gym goer then you can't beat the Muscle Factory at On Nut. Bit of a hike but it's the best gym in Bkk. 250bt for a day pass.

Most recent stay was in Jan 2024.

Wouldn't stay in the tower wing, which is the unrenovated side (last stayed there in Feb 2023).

Sky wing (superior and above) are adequate, but considering the price point and the quality of the gym (also for that price point), it has me coming back almost every trip (I go twice / 3 times per year). 

If you have a long stay, I wouldnt spend more than a week there though, the crowd isn't very desirable IMO.

I personally always split Amb + another hotel for my LOS visits.

In general though, showing its age, even the renovated side, but good for 2k THB p/n in superior.

Deluxe is the same as superior, just higher floors and unobstructed view of the city.

Thank you Alvin. If I stay in soi 11, I stay in Citadines as the rooms are fairly spacious and the crowd who stay there is not that bad, The Ambassador is a good spot but my last experience was not good so had not stayed there for a long time. As you said the crowd who stay there does create problems sometimes and it’s not to my liking. 
I will give it a miss then.