Sign in to follow this  
Siam Man

Grand Inn (Updated 2014)

I recently stayed at the Grand Inn on Soi 3, Sukhumvit. Very close to the action just on the other side of Sukhumvit from Soi 4. I was basically trialing a new place and only stayed there one day on my way back from Phuket. I found the service to be great and the desk very friendly to me and my guest. I checked out of the Majestic Suites on a Thursday and headed to Phuket. I didn't want to lug my big bag down for just the weekend so I asked if I could leave the bag with them and pick it up Sunday when I checked in. No problem. I didn't want to ask Majestic Suites to hold it with me not staying there on return so it really helped me out.

Very friendly to my ladyboy guest. The security guy asked for her ID at night but the desk person said she checked in with me.

I didn't get to use the internet as I my time was short on return and going otu that night. Check out was Noon, but they gave me an extra hour on request. We didn't get out of the room until 1:15 and they didn't say a thing or call up. Very friendly on check out and checking in.

The room was a bit small and the shower was in the tub. Also there is little to no room around the sink.

It had a safe, big closet, old style turn key, 24 hour reception and a security guy who opens the door for you.

It's kind of crowded on Soi 3 and not easy to see.

It's an older hotel, but has been remodelled so it looks nice in the lobby and the rooms.

Deluxe Double was $40.13 AUD tax included. The view was poor on my side with just a old building. Had a narrow balcony for smoking I guess.

Great proximity to Soi 4/Nana/Soi 5 (Foodland, CIB, and lots of eating places. 7/11 just next door)

Drawbacks - crowded sidewalks going in an out of hotel, small size room and bathroom, but plenty of room around the bed.

day 10 Anny CIB 011.JPG

day 10 Anny CIB 013.JPG

Last night in BKK 065.JPG

Booked through Agoda and noticed the same room over New Years is $205 AUD a night ouch!

http://www.agoda.com/grand-inn-hotel/hotel/bangkok-th.html?

One of the first hotels I see when arriving by taxi and then you know you have arrived and next stop soi 4

I have never stayed here as yet but always thought it to be a good location. Nice review mate

Great price for a great location

Would you stay there again?

Good review Siam Man

cheers mate

:D

Great price for a great location

Would you stay there again?

Good review Siam Man

cheers mate

:D

Thanks Jamie, and to answer your question I have stayed there since, and I'm booked there again this week. I really like them for short stays and the location is great for access to Nana, Soi 7, 7/1, BTS and Soi 11. Easy to get metered taxi's or jump on BTS. 7/11 right outside the front door. The bathrooms are kind of dated but the rooms are fine I found. Shower head removes and could use more pressure.

Staff is friendly. The one annoying thing was these creepy twats who stand right in the hotel entrance flashing the plastic cards for massage I think. I just ignore them as much as possible and walk right through them to get in to my hotel. Surprised security puts up with this. Price the last stay was around 1,000 baht but like I mentioned before it does fluctuate.

I got the deluxe for a couple hundred baht more. Bigger room and bigger bed, and two big comfy chairs.

IMG_9068.jpg

IMG_9187.jpg

is this hotel still LB friendly ???

Indeed it is as that is Bua and an other ladyboy there

Edited by OneTrueSaxon

thanx. i know they are lbs. the post is from 2014. this is 2015. things might have changed

It's a budget hotel in lower Sukhumvit. I think you'll find 99% of them to be ladyboy friendly. If unsure on a hotel ? Just fire them off a quick e mail. Only ever found one that had a joiners fee and that was Bell Aire in Soi 5

This hotel was still LB friendly when I stayed there two weeks ago.

Small room and some disturbing noise from outside but I think it's hard to find much better at 1120 per night (made the reservation on agoda at the end of March).