Terry Tibbs

What's Your Favourite Bkk Hotel And Why?

Lets see if we can get this going... What's your favourite BKK hotel and why?

My favourite hotel in Bangkok is Citi Chic on Sukhumvit Soi 13

I have stayed there 4 times now and have just booked my fifth stay there for my June trip. Although the prices have risen since I first started staying there it is still worth the money IMO.

The rooms/building is fantastic... really modern, spacious rooms which are very comfortable. The staff are always very friendly and rememeber you by name which I think is a nice touch. The food is very good in case you fancy a quick bit of room service or whatever.

Best of all is that they dont mind if you go for a swim in the pool at 3am :D

Please add your favourite hotel below...

What do they charge per night? I can remember staying there in the mid 80s when it was called something completely different. Stayed a few times and it ws more run down each time. Eventually stopped going there. Passed it a couple of weeks ago and thought it looked very nice and was considering trying it again. The place I stay at now I have been using for more than 10 years. They recently made some cosmetic changes and relabelled themself as a boutique hotel, with prices to match. I'm voting with my feet.

Edited by mmdoes

Hey Tibbs,

I can vouch for your recommendation of CitiChic. HOWEVER !!! I was on the first floor and had a little cutie back to the room (it was about 3:30am), I asked her if she wants a swim, so we ran up the stairs naked (we were both VERY drunk !), we kept running up those steps (not quite realising there's about 5 or 6 feckin floors to run up...........THE GLASS DOORS TO GIVE ACCESS TO THE GYM/POOL ARE NOW LOCKED FOR THE LATE NIGHT DIP !!!!!! :angry: Maybe their Health and Safety regulations have been reviewed since your midnight dip. On the upside, they may have saved me from appearing the Bangkok Post headline as "Foreigner Dies in Swimming Pool with known Prostitute" (I was SO drunk, God only knows what mis-hap there could have been !)

So I had a nice BJ on the steps for a few minutes anyway :D

Anyways,

to the OP.......

I'll go with Citi Chic if you can afford the 2500 per night

http://www.citichichotel.com/touch.html

If your budget can stretch to 3000-3500 (sometimes they even have deals on at 1300 baht !) for this 5 star, I would recommend the

Accor Sukhumvit Grand (formerly Sofitel), Soi 6, Sukhumvit Road.

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-6171-g...tel/index.shtml

If your budget is tighter, I can highly recommend Nap-Inn, Soi 4, Sukhumvit Road.

Make sure you reserve the suite (dont get ideas of grandeous living, its just regular space with a window) at 900 baht per night.

http://www.nap-inn.com/gallery.html

You cannot go wrong with any one of these hotels location or quality.

President Solitaire, Soi11.

Just had two nights there and have nothing but good things to say. Good price, 2499thb for a 50sqm suite.

Tuktuk to Suk, comp breaky which was the best free food I have ever had.

Truly pleasant service all the way from the doorman to the elevator general, all smiles.

Beautiful pool with comfortable lounge chairs and towels.

Biggest tv I have ever seen in a hotel room.

Nice, big shower stall....nudge, nudge.

Highly recommended.

LB friendly.

I forgot the full name I beleave it's the "White Inn" right down the soi that Nana complex is on. about 600 BHT per night no frills but a nice pool like a motel six only a little bigger. I usually travel on the cheap at about 300BHT per night as long as there is AC.

Ok here's one you didn't see coming haha.. and I can assure you it's worth the money, but it is off the beaten path. I think it's a place that guys in Thailand take their Mia Noi's too.. as each room has a covered drive up right to the door of the room and it is a very well treed property so there is great privacy. The real amazing thing about this hotel is the rooms, they have a whole bunch of theme rooms, like the Boat room and Tuk Tuk room.. etc... you can see a bunch of them listed on their site. The one I use when go there is the private pool room as the name implies you have the main room and outside the double glass doors you have a very private pool... you wont' be swimming laps in it, but it does serve its purpose. Plus ALL the rooms have nice big two person Jacuzzi's in them.

I think for a regular monger it would be a place you want to take a special girl for a weekend... not somewhere you would stay for a whole trip or for a longer term but it does impress the girls to no end and the time I have been there the staff has been very very polite to all... the food is first rate and room service is 24 hours... oh website here...

http://www.siamsocietyhotel.com/

The pics below give you an idea of the pool area... and of the in room jacuzzi area...

As I recall it's about 3500 per night...

Dynasty Inn Grande all the way

Best bang for your buck. Depending on the time of year you pay between 1880 and 2280 for a 3.5 star hotel.

The staff at all Dynasty hotels are excellent

the location is great - easy walk to Nana but you don't actually have to look at Nana when you step outside

The LBs all seem to like this hotel too - the staff treat them well

Guest frankmc1

I have only been to Bangkok once and I stayed at the Woraburi Sukhumvit Hotel, 128/1 Sukhumvit Soi 4. Met some good people there (and one shite-hole of an American who shouted abuse at the staff, clicking his fingers and demanding attention). Staff very friendly and never had any problem bringing someone to my room. It is a short walk from Nana, though the porter at the front of the hotel always insisted that I use a tuk-tuk. The walk is rather pleasant, passing many massage parlours and other bars packed with sex.

One night I went to Nana and took a LB to a short time hotel in the place for some great fun. On my return, one of the ladies in the massage parlour on the ground floor at the Woraburi caught my eye and suggested a massage in the room. Some massage! I had one of the grandest rides of my life. Made the mistake of not agreeing a price and had a minor bit of hassle, but nothing much.

I dined a few times in the restaurant, and the food was fine. Not brilliant, but did the job. Found and Irish bar on the way to Nana where I had a few good meals, but had an even better one in a local restaurant nearby, which I can't remember the name of, but I have a feeling it might have been the Bus Stop, or something like that.

Hotel costs about 1250 THB a night, which is not bad. The room is basic, but quite comfortable. All-in-all, a perfect base for a bit of fun that doesn't cost the earth.

If the budget allows, (3400 bht for a luxury executive room) Gullivers on Soi5 is great.

It is right next door to Gullivers bar, brand new and very elegant.

It is so convenient for NEP, Guess, Guess1 and 11 and the soi3-5 honeypots.

Staff are great, ALL visitors welcomed with a smile, and a "IS it ok for them to leave" call to your room when they check out.

Room service food is great and mini bar very reasonable. Thye even have condoms in the minibar, how cool is that? When I think of the number of times I have to run to 7/11 in the early hours. Magic.

A great full breakfast included and a nice pool.

P1010008.JPG

P1010009.JPG

P1010013.JPG

P1010010.JPG

P1010011.JPG

P1010012.JPG

If the budget allows, (3400 bht for a luxury executive room) Gullivers on Soi5 is great.

It is right next door to Gullivers bar, brand new and very elegant.

It is so convenient for NEP, Guess, Guess1 and 11 and the soi3-5 honeypots.

Staff are great, ALL visitors welcomed with a smile, and a "IS it ok for them to leave" call to your room when they check out.

Room service food is great and mini bar very reasonable. Thye even have condoms in the minibar, how cool is that? When I think of the number of times I have to run to 7/11 in the early hours. Magic.

A great full breakfast included and a nice pool.

P1010008.JPG

P1010009.JPG

P1010013.JPG

P1010010.JPG

P1010011.JPG

P1010012.JPG

Wow, very nice looking hotel, great pics Oz +1

Whats the lunch like in the restaurant?

I have a bad habit of sleeping in after a late nite & miss breakfast :rolleyes:

another great report Oz

cheers

:D

Wow, very nice looking hotel, great pics Oz +1

Whats the lunch like in the restaurant?

I have a bad habit of sleeping in after a late nite & miss breakfast :rolleyes:

another great report Oz

cheers

:D

Sorry jamie, don't know, I don't usually do lunch in that area, but suggest you go next door to Gulliver bar, great western and Thai selection menu there at a very fair price, and beers at 85bht.

If you want to take a honey out for a bit of a showy meal without too great an expense, try Cabbages and Condoms on S12. Nice garden setting and Thai food. They give you condoms instead of mints after your meal :D

I've stayed in two and highly recommend both of them

Grand Sukhumvit and The Darwin

Both close to everything NANA.

I stay at Tarntawan Place on Surawong Rd.near Patpong.Very good hotelat 2,300 baht a night.

I agree on Tarntawan + I like the non smoking rooms, good food, good staff and it's close to me friends place.

3 recent trips for me and I have stayed at the Dynasty Inn,Majestic Grande and Dynasty Grande.

The better rooms at the Dynasty Inn are ok but nothing special.Reasonable value for the money.

Majestic Grande is 5-star with good facilities. Rooms and bathrooms a bit small in the lesser price range. Food of high standard but the pool is a disaster. No sun (wrong side!!),small,slimy and right outside the buffet/cafe dining area.

No.1 for me is the Dynasty Grande. Bayview on Soi 6 side is better;good pool and gym.

Majestic Suites. Good location and allows 2 LBs to enter. Can also use the facilities(pool & gym) of Majestic Grande. Rooms just under 2K.

At late night GBII is right outside.

I stay and the Majestic Grande but think the rates are too high at 80 Us dollars a night. Is Dynasty Grande better value for money?

I have only stayed at the Dynasty Grande so I can't compare to the Majestic. I'm very happy with it - location, pool, good restaurant if you want to eat, very clean, very friendly staff. A double room runs about 2400b if I recall. There are certainly cheaper places, but I think its a very good value.

I have stayed at:

• The Landmark, round the corner from NEP. Ok place but too much BS with a long walk of shame. Booked online and got a good deal for a 5 star. No problem with 2 Lbs, no extra charge. Room service was excellent too

• Darwin, which is a good honest hotel and, at the price, is excellent value. I did ask the bed linen to be changed daily which was an extra. Food was crap though.

• Shangri-La was a good place and although the walk of shame was long it was worth it. Good views, nice pool, good food by the pool, and no problem with 2 LBs, no extra charge either.

• Dream hotel is my favorite. A boutique hotel with great rooms and reasonable prices. Excellent breakfast, good but small roof pool and fitness centre. No problem with 3 LBs and no extra charge. The bed was big and comfortable. In future I am happy to only use the Dream. Pictures are of the Dream.

I use Agoda.com for booking so the prices vary.

DPP_0003.JPG

DPP_0004.JPG

I like to stay at the Royal president,lately.Not too far from Nana really,sky train up and taxi back with your "take-away".

Big,clean rooms and a nice brekkie.Lady-boy friendly,and no joiner.

http://www.royalpresident.com

I used to stay here all the time

http://www.housebythepond.com/

Very quiet and out of the way....but again LB friendly,no joiner.I once took 3 girls(GGs)back here,so multiples is not a problem!

My vote goes to Dynasty Inn Grande - great staff, great location, fantastic pool and gym, altogether 'no worries' attitude. No joiner when just two people, but extra guests are 500B each (if I remember right). Maybe not that trendy, but hey... See other forum thread "LB Friendly Hotels" for more in-depth viewpoints on this hotel. Love it, and can't wait to return.

Have stayed at Sheraton Orchid on the river near Silom - not far from Patpong, but a pain to get to Nana. Lovely hotel, helpful staff, good quality rooms, great food and drink as one would expect for the price. Decent gym and two nice pools. Guest friendly (no joiner) - didn't try with LB but surely fine. Has a river bus port next door (by the restaurant), but BTS is a bit far. Wifi available, but silly expensive - cheaper to get Thai netSIM for mobile phone. Nice place to stay, but prefer to be in the heart of Nana.

Lastly, have stayed before a couple of times at the Salil hotel on Sukhumvit soi 8. Nice enough rooms, decent staff and guest friendly (no joiner). Bit of a trek from NEP, although at least a golf buggy ferries you up and down the soi (it's quite a way down). I have nothing against the place, but found it was just too small and intimate for comfortable mongering, too far from the action, and lacked gym/pool that larger establishments can house.

Edited by DonqyJon