snewpee

Ibis Nana Soi 4 (updated 2013)

Hi Members,

Have been interested in booking Ibis Nana, which has recently opened, looks good and decently priced.

Anyone stayed there? or know if it is lb friendly or girl friendly?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by snewpee

Hi Members,

Have been interested in booking Ibis Nana, which has recently opened, looks good and decently priced.

Anyone stayed there? or know if it is lb friendly or girl friendly?

Thanks in advance.

Ok better late than never, right? I have stayed at the Ibis a number of times, always use it as a short time hotel, less seedy that some of the actual ST places...when booked on the net I was paying 1200 per night, nice clean modern room, LCD TV, not very big so I don't know how good it would be for a longer stay, as in more than one night. It is very LB friendly have never had any strange looks or had any of my guests comment about being treated rudely...

Great update BH. I remember when Ibis was being built. I stayed at the Swann Inn guest houses and was woken up each day. Its a great location, close to the action of course but also 7/11's, Pharmacies, internet shops, and food carts right out front.

+1 on the update BH and that cutie adds a nice touch.

Great update BH. I remember when Ibis was being built. I stayed at the Swann Inn guest houses and was woken up each day. Its a great location, close to the action of course but also 7/11's, Pharmacies, internet shops, and food carts right out front.

+1 on the update BH and that cutie adds a nice touch.

my favorite hotel chain in the world, i like same same

Great little report there BigHairy. +1 from me and I too liked the cheeky wee teaser pick at the end ;)

She is cute, someone else posted pics of her recently (sorry, don't have time to check who it was).

Does she always wear the same outfit?

Even if she does, it sits well on her :P

Great report & pics bighairy

I was actually considering staying @ the Ibis but decided on Majestic Grande because it looks closer to Nana Plaza & Guess Bar

I think everyone is curious to know who is that girl in your room, shes a hottie! ;)

Where did you meet her??

thanks for sharing

cheers mate :D

+1

Great little report there BigHairy. +1 from me and I too liked the cheeky wee teaser pick at the end ;)

Actually, I had considered being even more cheeky by adding the Ibis slogan 'Hotels The Way You Like Them'. I should do their publicity :D .

@ lbloveroz: Actually, it was me that posted her pic before as part of a trip report I did on my brief stay in BKK. I just never tire of looking at it :rolleyes: . I am pretty sure she changes her outfits - she is practically female afterall :)

@ Jamie: I met her outside the entrance to Nana Plaza at about 1:45 AM. Her name is Millie. For a full report of the evening, see 'Jet Lagged in Bangkok' under the 'Trip Reports' section.

I see a lot of questions on forums about this hotel - probably because it is part of a large worldwide chain - so I can give you a bit of a rundown.

Negatives

1. The rates are very high if you just walk in - I think 2550 baht was posted at the time I was there. You can definately get a better rate by booking in advance online - I think I paid 1250 baht. Same goes for the breakfast buffet where you can get a 40% discount by paying in advance, which you can do upon check-in.

2. The rooms are on the small side if you are a single. This didn't bother me at all but it may be a concern for some of you.

Positives

1. Location. It is on Soi 4 and is close enough to the action to be within walking distance but far enough away to be quiet.

2. New Hotel. Everything is new and in good repair. Rooms come with in-room safes, nice televisions with satelite hook-ups, and just look stylish.

3. Guest-friendly! The staff are very professional in this reguard, taking the ID card for your guest, which is photocopied and returned upon departure.

4. Ladyboy-recomended! When I mentioned to a freelance LB that I was staying here, she abandoned the idea of a short time room and wanted to go here instead. I can see why. The staff was courteous to both of us and if they thought there was something funny about me going with a LB, you would never have known it. Not even a smirk.

For me, this is the ideal hotel for a stay in Bangkok. It may not be for those who like more space or an upscale plae to stay but for my purposes, it is perfect.

Does she come with the room?

Thanks for the reviews on this guys. Ive considered this for the last couple of years and will probably stay here one day. However, every time Im just about to book, one of the 5 star places does an unbelievable deal that is too good to refuse, so book elsewhere. This place seems a safe pair of hands as a back burner if there are no other deals about.

Cheers

LULT

this might make it look more atacctive

Its impossible to see the room with these kinds of pictures. unless the girls come with it and then who cares :)

+1 OTS

Just wanted to confirm that Ibis hotel represents great value when staying in BKK. You can't beat the location. I booked it over Agoda which this site turned me onto. Big Hairys and Man Citys endorsements and less than 40 AUD made the choice easy. The ladyboys seem to like this location as well since they can be back to the bar quickly after a ST.

In the past I had stayed at Swan Inn's Guest Houses. Since I was getting in later and they are first come first serve I didn't want to chance it and be looking for accommodation the evening I arrived.

Thanks guys for the recommendation.

Nana 1st night 093.JPG

Can anyone tell me if the Ibis Nana in Bangkok is OK for taking a LB back to?

I go to Bankok for a couple of nights next month and I am staying there and want to know if it will be cool or not.

Can anyone tell me if the Ibis Nana in Bangkok is OK for taking a LB back to?

I go to Bankok for a couple of nights next month and I am staying there and want to know if it will be cool or not.

In a word. Yes!

Rooms a bit smallish. Free wifi only in lobby. Safe was big enough to put my laptop in unlike Heaven@4 and Maxim Inn's. Very close to the action. Friendly staff didn't know much English, but usually someone around who could drive the boat.

Thanks for the advice folks. I'm new to the site and should have looked a bit better before posting as I found previous posts that confirmed what you have told me.

Great site. Very helpful.

Stayed at the ibis on soi 4 about 3 weeks ago for 1 night. Yes no problems at all with guests.

Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently and can confirm that it is still ladyboy friendly? Just wanted to check since these policies sometimes change, especially since this is part of an international chain. Also, how do things work when you walk in with a ladyboy. Is it the same as at the other hotels where they take the girls ID?

I will let you know next month as I have 2 days booked there and have used the hotel on and off since its opening in 2009 and its always been ok to take LBS back no charge no problem. Last time I stayed there I took 3 LBS back and all they do is take their ID and give it back when they leave

I am at Ibis Nana this week and thought I would post an up-to-date review. I love this hotel. It provides a good experience at an excellent price point - I am paying 1550 baht a night including taxes. The rooms are small but well laid out, so quite comfortable to stay in. I am here partly for work, so I particularly like the fact that there is a little work area near the window, with conveniently located plug points. I have also been very satisfied with the in-room internet which works very well. This hotel is LB friendly and I have had no problems with this. They take the girl's ID card and call the room before they return it to make sure everything is OK. I think I am going to be staying here on all my future trips to Bangkok.