tony

Cheap Hotel With Pool Near Nep

So, got my tickets to BKK in April, its gonna be hooot, so a pool would be lovely.

I'm on a tight budget, so looking for a cheap LB friendly hotel as near as possible to NEP. Gonna be just 2-3 days and then of to explore the rest of Thailand...

NEP-INN was recommended to me on this forum, but they don't seem to have a pool, they are just 800Baht a night, and thats cheap in NANA if i got it right.

OR, optionally, could I use a pool at some hotel for a fee?

Oh, this might sound like a stupid Q but where EXACTLY is NEP

Found a site with this GPS cord. N13°44.492’, E100°33.187’

Is this right?

Map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=fi&geocode=&q=+N13%C2%B044.492%E2%80%99,+E100%C2%B033.187%E2%80%99&sll=41.202966,-7.23242&sspn=33.525235,70.751953&ie=UTF8&z=16

EDIT:

Swiss Park Hotel

Hotel Renovation Plan

- The hotel will be temporary closed for refurbishment in March 2010

- The hotel will be rebranded, target to complete in August 2010

Edited by tony

So, got my tickets to BKK in April, its gonna be hooot, so a pool would be lovely.

I'm on a tight budget, so looking for a cheap LB friendly hotel as near as possible to NEP. Gonna be just 2-3 days and then of to explore the rest of Thailand...

NEP-INN was recommended to me on this forum, but they don't seem to have a pool, they are just 800Baht a night, and thats cheap in NANA if i got it right.

OR, optionally, could I use a pool at some hotel for a fee?

Oh, this might sound like a stupid Q but where EXACTLY is NEP

Found a site with this GPS cord. N13°44.492’, E100°33.187’

Is this right?

Map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=fi&geocode=&q=+N13%C2%B044.492%E2%80%99,+E100%C2%B033.187%E2%80%99&sll=41.202966,-7.23242&sspn=33.525235,70.751953&ie=UTF8&z=16

EDIT:

Swiss Park Hotel

Hotel Renovation Plan

- The hotel will be temporary closed for refurbishment in March 2010

- The hotel will be rebranded, target to complete in August 2010

Look into the Stable Lodge on Soi 8. Should be LB friendly but not 100% sure. They have a nice pool but nightly rate is greater than 800 baht. If I recall correctly, more in the 1500-1600 baht range. Pretty close to NEP.

The Majestic Suites are LB friendly and are roughly 1500 baht. Very close to NEP. Although they do not have a pool, they will give you access to the pool of their sister property, the Majestic Grande, which is 2 blocks away. You'll have to walk there to use the pool so that is a little bit inconvenient. FYI--Majestic Grande is in the 3000 baht and up range but LB friendly.

Also 2 blocks away from NEP is the Aspen suites. They have a lovely pool. Cost is about 2000 baht and up. LB friendly.

If you are willing to spend about 2200 baht, then Dynasty Grande has a nice pool and LB friendly. Close to NEP.

Also, Nana Hotel is very close and has a pool. LB friendly. However, I don't like to stay there anymore although I have some fond memories of it from the early and mid 1990's. Read reviews of it at Trip Advisor for clarification. I think you can do better.

Google Nana Plaza. You should be able to find a map of it. It is directly across from the Nana Hotel and around the corner from the Majestic Suites. Hope this helps.

I was kind of expecting the 1500Baht range, but hoping there would be exeptions...

I guess its NAP-INN for us them...

If you do go for Nap-Inn, just don't expect a fantastic response from e-mail. It depends on who is working / checking the reservations emails.

On a reservation last year, I emailed them a couple of time and still no response, so I phoned them (they dont speak English BTW) and asked why no one emailed me back, to which I was told, "Its email, of course we got it, you have reservation already. We would reply if its fully booked and no space for you". They spoke to me in a sort of "Farang crazy - he want too much" kind of attitude. TIT i suppose !! :D

If you do go for Nap-Inn, just don't expect a fantastic response from e-mail. It depends on who is working / checking the reservations emails.

On a reservation last year, I emailed them a couple of time and still no response, so I phoned them (they dont speak English BTW) and asked why no one emailed me back, to which I was told, "Its email, of course we got it, you have reservation already. We would reply if its fully booked and no space for you". They spoke to me in a sort of "Farang crazy - he want too much" kind of attitude. TIT i suppose !! :D

All of the hotels I mentioned will send you an email reservation confirmation. I've stayed in all of them over the past 18 months. All of them will have a room waiting for you. As for the Nap-Inn, I couldn't say, but "luvyoulongtime" brings up an important point. And there is that old saying that goes like this and usually holds true: you get what you pay for..

looking for a cheap LB friendly hotel as near as possible to NEP.

The Nana Hotel has a pool and a Jacuzzi, couldn’t be more LB friendly, and is arguably the closest hotel to NEP.

The perfect place for newbies.

The Nana Hotel has a pool and a Jacuzzi, couldn’t be more LB friendly, and is arguably the closest hotel to NEP.

All true. As a newbie, plenty of advantages if you stay there, it is well known to cabs at the airport, it is in the middle of everything, easy egress when you check out (near to expressway), pool, breakfast buffet included in price. Security guard takes IDs at a desk by the elevator. A good home base for your first trip to Bangkok and easy to get your bearings with the Nana Hotel as your starting point.

As an oversimplified, general rule, the Nana Hotel is fully booked each and every night, whether it's high season or low.

The only way you can be sure to stay there, is to book as early as possible.

.....but the Nana hotel is an absolute shithole! The last (and definitely the last!!) time I stayed there, I was almost sick every day with the stench from the drains permeating my room. Now I always stay at the Dawin .. about 200 yards up Soi 4 from Nana. New hotel, very clean and totally LB friendly. a pool too, although I have never used it.A much more pleasurable experience (IMHO).

Looks like my old favorite, the Swiss Park is going to be closed when I get to Bangkok May 1st, any suggestions? I dont need a pool, and I want to be a short walk from Nana. I really dont want to spend more than 1500b. A safe in the room is a must. Majestic Suites?

i am just going to book in one of my normal hotel and if i want to go to a swimming pool i will just take a walk to a hotel which has a swimming pool ,maybe they will charge me a little to go for a swim maybe not

They are LB-friendly, but they will not allow 2 LBs at the same time enter, at least that's what a few LBs told me.

But it's a place where a monger should stay at least once. Freelancers everywhere and the disco has opened again I hear.

The breakfast buffet is quite good too.

Inhouse massage.

No internet in the room though.

A place I have stayed at is the Golden palace hotel. Lb friendly with pool and free breakfast, close to NEP. Not so swank, but nice.

Sorry, just noticed how old this thread is... anyone else stayed at GP?

Rajah Mansion used to be minimum of one week stay, but I am told it now has daily rates at 800b night. Worth investigating for a budget stay as the rooms are quite OK and it has a pool. The fact your just above Guess Bar is also a plus and 100m walk to Nana Plaza.

http://www.rajah-man....com/index.html

I was in BKK 2 weeks ago and I went and inquired, having seen your post, but they told me the minimum stay is 1 week. So, I don't know where you heard they were renting per night but it seems to not be true :(