Sign in to follow this  
Siam Man

Sunrise Taco's Sukhumvit Rd In between Soi 12 -14

I poached this from our step sister site. Tried to get Mardhi to post it here but he no lubs us anymore. :D

mardhi, on 25 Jul 2013 - 03:28 AM, said:

One of my favourite spots to eat in BKK is the Sunrise Taco's place between Soi 12 and 14, adjacent to the Sheraton grande Hotel.

I popped in over the weekend around 1am with some buddies. I wanted some food, they wanted some beer primarily. However as we gazed around us - it was almost like we were sat under the stars in comfortable chairs watching some of the most stunning GGs the world has created.

For those that do not know, its located on the front of Insanity Disco (called Insomnia before) and the front area seems to be the chillout area. Well that is what we all noticed as our jaws kept hitting the table with the talent walking through and often sitting at other tables. Its a well kitted out open terrace with an elaborate electric blind system that would match Wimbledon's in size. First hint of rain and a minute later your under cover.

Food is good, beers are reasonable, cocktail list is long and the eye candy is very top shelf and quite hi so judging by appearances on the Saturday night we were there. Note: These are not all working girls - the girls we were noticing were monied Thai's - with boyfriends etc and in small groups. Its not smart to go and try and pick one up - but if you have time to kill over a beer - there are many worse places to do some candy watching.

One to park for your next BKK visit i'd suggest. Its open 24hrs with scant regard to licence hours for serving drink. I am not sure if you can just go to drink - but the worst case would be nachos with salsa dip and its only 60b for a big bowl. They have a range of about 6 tequila's, but as no Tequila expert I have no idea if they are good or not.

They have a website: http://sunrisetacos.com/

I found out they are actually a chain restaurant with new ones opening in Siam Square, and Khao San Road opening March 2014. Several other locations already open.

A few of us made the opening bell of a meet-up at Sunrise Taco's around 5 P.M. earlier this month. The service was great although had to find our waitress when we wanted to settle up. I had the crispy Taco's which I found better than anything in AUS. Something about the southwestern spices you get in the States that other countries can't duplicate so wasn't near that level. I'm not so sure Bwana enjoyed his Burrito and Lotus minute stomach could only handle one make your own taco. I think he had to save room for a night of drinking.

Open 24 hours as Mardhi mentions, but they also deliver (24 hours!) which I will keep in mind for next time, maybe order in at Darkside or down to CIB for late night munchies. Wouldn't that be a hoot having mexican brought in to an alcocart.

BKK Cuts garden 001.JPG

BKK Cuts garden 003.JPG

BKK Cuts garden 004.JPG

We walked down to the entrance rails of Nana (Lucky Lukes) to meet some others who finally got there asses out. halfway through my first beer, I saw a potential photo and realised I left my camera at Sunrise. So I hopped on motobike Taxi and down to Sunrise Taco's and told the driver to wait while I went in. The waitress saw me jogging in and said "I know what you come for, I have for you. I try to go after you but you walk to fast." So I follow her in and the cashier person hands me a plastic sealed bag with my camera in it. On the outside is written customer left at 7:12. It was lucky Lotus over-tipped our waitress. :D

I remember you shooting off there to go and get your camera and showing us all the bag with the time on it.

Shame I missed Tacco's but to much drink from the night before prevented it.

Sunrise Tacos is a great place to eat, and the location on Soi 12 seems to grow every time I go there. It was sometimes hard to find a seat until they expanded into the parking lot. The food is excellent and very close to what you would get in Mexico, which is not as easy to do as you might think. The spices are tricky but they get it right. I always make it one of my stops during a visit to Bangkok.

Sunrise Tacos is a great place to eat, and the location on Soi 12 seems to grow every time I go there. It was sometimes hard to find a seat until they expanded into the parking lot. The food is excellent and very close to what you would get in Mexico, which is not as easy to do as you might think. The spices are tricky but they get it right. I always make it one of my stops during a visit to Bangkok.

I do exactly the same.

A few of us made the opening bell of a meet-up at Sunrise Taco's around 5 P.M. earlier this month. The service was great although had to find our waitress when we wanted to settle up. I had the crispy Taco's which I found better than anything in AUS. Something about the southwestern spices you get in the States that other countries can't duplicate so wasn't near that level. I'm not so sure Bwana enjoyed his Burrito and Lotus' minute stomach could only handle one make your own taco. I think he had to save room for a night of drinking.

The downside off having gastric surgery is the great food in Thailand ,;-(

Taco Sunrise on Silom Road near Patpong is also open 24 hours.

Crawl Day6 001.JPG

Crawl Day6 002.JPG

Crawl Day6 003.JPG

Crawl Day6 004.JPG

I took a date to Sunrise Tacos on Sukhumvit last night. I had the crunchy Taco's with two chicken and one beef so I could trade off a chicken one for one of her Baja Fish Tacos. It was all good and she enjoyed it enough to photograph her meal for her facebook as they do. Funny how they do this so often, and here I am shooting it for the forum.

The service was good as usual and very quick which was perfect as we were needing to make a 21:00 Cabaret Show. The bill was 800 and something for the two dinners and a litre of strawberry freeze type drink which was good.

Last night in BKK 069.JPG

Last night in BKK 073.JPG

Last night in BKK 075.JPG