Hi Guys,

One of the nicest places in the vibrant Sukhumvit area is in my view Restaurant Kinnaree, 43 Sukhumvit Rd, Soi 8. (www.kinnareegourmet.com). It is located almost at the end of the Soi on your left hand and its a bit off the street in a beautiful, very quiet and green atmosphere.

They serve traditional Thai dishes of a very high quality, for reasonable prices. The staff is very friendly and they all speak English quite well. On a few occasions we were treated on some traditional Thai dance with live music. I highly recommend it if you want to have an easy dinner in a relaxed and even romantic atmosphere. And of course: LB friendly :-)

Kinnaree.png

Just out of interest - how did your guests like it? My experience is simple is best for the average girl we are hanging around with and that few care much for the fancy cooking even of their own food - as more often than not, they have never had it done that way.

Now to find somewhere they really like and is half decent for the foreigner would be a great find - hence my question.

I was there once with a GG and twice with a LB friend. They all loooooved the place, the quiet atmosphere and the excellent food. Of course they all know most of the dishes that are served here, but they recognise that these dishes are prepared and served by staff that enjoys to deliver that something extra. My guests felt treated like a princess :)

I feel you should only go there if you want to let them experience something out of the ordinary and if you want to create a great (romantic?) atmosphere. Not a place to just have a quick meal in a rush. Success guaranteed!

No seriously though its a nice find and will try next time I am in town as I have only eat at Mon Soon, Via Via and Soi 8 Kiwi bar. I often pop in Viva Viva bar as well and eat but they order from Mon Soon menu

No seriously though its a nice find and will try next time I am in town as I have only eat at Mon Soon, Via Via and Soi 8 Kiwi bar. I often pop in Viva Viva bar as well and eat but they order from Mon Soon menu

I am with you on your post OTS. I also eat, drink at Monsoon, Via Via and Soi 8 bar, i like Via Via more as you can people watch all day. I have had a wonder up soi 8 and got so far as i thought it was just the odd hotel up there and turned aroud.

I find Soi 8 a decent little soi for a relaxing atmosphere, but near to everything else that is just right around the corner.

I am back in BKK in May next year and have booked into the Adelphi Suites (Soi 8) so i will take a good walk right to the end of the soi and have a looksie at the Kinnaree and like Zorrino says take a nice partner there to impress.

I have just come back from BKK a week ago too, aaaarrrhhhhh!!!

Anyway, Tick Tock, Tick Tock, roll on May 2014

Pat