Sign in to follow this  
crillwill

nasa vegas

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone had information to share about the nasa vegas hotel. They have a pretty good deal going now, are they ladyboy friendly, is it too far out of the way. Im looking to book a room soon.

what is the deal? there are some great deals along the golden mile, so why stay out there and waste both taxi fares and the commuting time...?

Because sometimes it's nice to stay in a good place outside of Nana. Money is not wasted as they are much cheaper and often a lot better. Not to mention the roof top pool a private balcony a one bed room suite and jacuzzi, suans and Gym. Also a great night market to eat and tesco lotus just over the road. Saved me a lot of money in the long run.

@Mind Suk 85 under £30

011.JPG

003.JPG

006.JPG

008.JPG

004.JPG

001.JPG

Went and had a look yesterday based on previous reports from OTS. It's a bit of a walk from Bts (middle of the day and steaming hot) but easy to find.I liked the fact that I was ignored in the TescoLotus - it was peaceful.A desk guy gave me a guided tour.There were a lot of bags stored ib reception and quite a few Chinese package tourists milling around (they're a cause of complaints on agoda reviews). The place looks well designed but I think it'll wear out and age quickly.I wondered about soundproofing.The pool is for cooling off not laps and the view is good. Gym looked ok.

I stayed in the Nana suhkumvit area every trip, frankly I'm a bit sick of the area, and a little ashamed of the fact that I have such a limited scope of bangkok. I do feel like staying in a different neighborhood. I also don't want to be a slave to the bar and freelancer scene which staying in the lower sunk area facilitates. Besides I think the sky train is great and don't mind a 10 min ride. The NASA Vegas has had there base room for about 20 bucks for a while now.

Understand, I'm more of a Mid-Sukhumvit man myself as that's where I used to live and I prefer the expat bar scene and there are a few in this area, particularly, Soi 33/1

My recommendation would be the Amora NeoLux in Soi 31.

Stayed there myself as well. It's a real nice place

The breakfast is OK too, Gym is a little lacking, but has a running machine and of course LB Friendly :P

Nice to see it gets the OTS seal of approval!!

Thanks for the advice but I half think you guys are having a go, the Amora looks great but shit for a 100 bucks a night on agoda, to me that is overkill. Check the NASA Vegas room its about 16 dollars on agoda right now. In the past I've stayed at the ibis on soi 4 that has everything I need and is about a 3rd of the price, I've also stayed at le fenix and that seems comparable but also a 3rd of the price. I'll keep looking.

Well im currently trying to decide where to stay for 8 nights in early november ,,seems like many have upped their prices already for that period ,,,i like being central and travel out on day trips ,,,,the more i search for hotels the more confused i get 555

Well to answer the ops original question yes nasa is lb friendly. The rooms are big and you cant really beat the value. But the location, well a short taxi ride, it just good for staying if you have to get to the airport the next day. Otherwise I wouldnt really bother staying out there because its cheap. It is also very busy and checking out takes a hell of a long time, there is also nowhere to eat within walking distance. So i wouldnt bother staying more than 1 night.

Well im currently trying to decide where to stay for 8 nights in early november ,,seems like many have upped their prices already for that period ,,,i like being central and travel out on day trips ,,,,the more i search for hotels the more confused i get 555

I tend to book at the last possible moment now Rod and get the best deals on Booking.com ... there will always be an oversupply of hotel rooms in BKK, so there is always a deal to be found...

Edited by jimmi_ripper

Yeah ,,probably sound advice jimmy ,,i have booked a few nights for start on visit ,,might just play it by ear one i get to bkk :)

Normaly i do ,,this time i think im just over anxious to get there 555 :)

I just booked 3 nights in a 1 bdrm suite @mind executive suites for $149aud all up. Trying the Galleria soi 10 for one night on Sunday.At $69 that's a bit pricey!