Siam Man

Soi 11 Nightlife and eats

This last trip I stayed at Smart Suites on Soi 11 Sukhumvit. It's located towards the back past LeFenix Hotel so you end up passing by just about everything on the Soi.

The only club I've been to is the roof top bar called the Nest on top of LeFenix which I think is well suited to take a ladyboy. Live music doesn't start until later on weekends.

Plenty of other clubs perhaps others can fill you in on. Q club, Bed supper club to name a couple.

I noticed a couple of changes to restaurants on soi 11.

Manchester United Restaurant and Bar has now changed to Champions Restaurant and Bar. Looks pretty much the same as it did in this photo but name has changed.

020.JPG

The Catalana which was located under the Prime 11 Sukhumvit is now The American Diner. It's pretty authentic with the decor and the menu. I ate breakfast meal there which was fantastic in quality and portion size. They even had free drink refills like they do in America. A bit pricey as they cater to the business traveller and tourists. My bill was about 400 baht. They have a little table jukebox on every table where you can pick two songs for 5 baht. They have a special everyday. Free cocktail with a plate on Thursdays was one I remember. Sorry I didn't have my camera on me this visit. Here is the building when it was Catalina.

017.JPG

Australian Pub and BBQ is on the left past what used to be Man U restaurant and Bar. I only had brekkie, A bit more expensive at 200 for brekkie and hard to substitute things on menu I found. Service GG's wear little skirts. Breakfast was good. Has open air element which exposes you to Indian salesmen selling watches. Who wears a watch anymore? They have a daily happy hour.

013.JPG

021.JPG

For those who like Thai dishes from food carts there is an excellent one near the Soi 11 entrance (left hand side as you face Sukhumvit) just in front of 7/11. Great late night and you will often see after work Nana gurlz. they have a wide array of things and have photos of dishes laminated and priced so you can just point to what you want. Then duck into 7/11 get drink and they will bring to your table. Only drawback is they don't have any tissues/napkins.

It's my opinion that ladyboy will be more impressed you took her here than some over priced place undercover. chances are she knows about it if she has worked in Nana.

Please feel free to add some of your own. Soi 11 is a nice location between Soi 4 and Soi Cowboy. they have a few bars and clubs and also have some alcocarts.

For Thai food I like Zanzibar restaurant. I first went here in 2008 with then my girlfriend Natcha, since then I have been back with Da a couple of times, Kim from Cascade, Michelle a few times including a couple of weeks ago when we met up again just as friends.

Limonchello for Italian food as its a little further a long from Zanzibar more or less across from Citidines. They do there own Limonchello shots and the red wine list is good but expensive.

Both are a little expensive I think it was close to 5000 baht for the 2 meals and a few cocktails me and Michelle had two weeks ago,

First 4 pictures are of Zanzibar oh just noticed I had took Leyla there as well back in Feb 09 on my birthday.

Last two of Limonchelleo

1248975997.jpg

image.jpg

post-9599-0-18766900-1342984649.jpg

post-9599-0-77799000-1342984668.jpg

8448489186_76310ee9b5_z.jpg

IMG_9177.jpg

Edited by OneTrueSaxon

When I'm in the soi 11 area and fancy some uncomplicated bistro style French food I tend to go to Chez Papé, located in the same small parallel soi to soi 11 as Cheap Charlie's. Nice laid back atmosphere, decent dishes and a good selection of wine. Not cheap, not expensive either...

http://www.chezpape.com/

Angel City Diner which I reviewed earlier.

Jan 8 and 9 Soi 11 002.JPG

Mulligans just across the Soi near Bed Supper Club

Jan 8 and 9 Soi 11 003.JPG

Starbucks for those who enjoy a nice overpriced coffee.

Jan 8 and 9 Soi 11 004.JPG

Yet another Hillary Bar. this One Hillary 3

Jan 8 and 9 Soi 11 005.JPG

Champions Bar and Restaurant which used to be the Man United Bar and Restaurant.

Jan 8 and 9 Soi 11 007.JPG

Aussie Pub now advertising Live sport and meal deals.

Jan 8 and 9 Soi 11 008.JPG

Jan 8 and 9 Soi 11 009.JPG

Jan 8 and 9 Soi 11 010.JPG

Bash nightclub, which I have heard mentioned on the forum. One of several nightclubs in this area of Soi 11

Jan 8 and 9 Soi 11 011.JPG

The Old German Beer house and Restaurant.

Jan 8 and 9 Soi 11 013.JPG

Jan 8 and 9 Soi 11 015.JPG

Affirmative, now I just need to get her to try some of these places with me. If they don't serve papaya salad they have very little chance. :D

Jan 8 and 9 Soi 11 024.JPG

Jan 8 and 9 Soi 11 026.JPG

The firehouse has live music in the evenings on Soi 11 right next to the LeFenix

Jan 9 Ann CIB 141.JPG

Jan 8 and 9 Soi 11 072.JPG

This Boutique Hotel is located at same location and is offering a 1200 baht promotion. I'm pretty sure this is new as I haven't seen it before and the fact they are offering this promotion, with Now Open on the sign.

Jan 8 and 9 Soi 11 071.JPG

Jan 8 and 9 Soi 11 070.JPG

Now I want the all new Baconist Burger. It looks good place to eat. Might check that hotel out for my last few days of my next trip

Sounds excellent, ive eaten in there before, top burgers!

Manchester United Restaurant and Bar has now changed to Champions Restaurant and Bar. Looks pretty much the same as it did in this photo but name has changed.

They can change it back again come May. As they will no longer be Champions :Rolling___: :Rolling___: :Rolling___:

The Catalana which was located under the Prime 11 Sukhumvit is now The American Diner. It's pretty authentic with the decor and the menu. I ate breakfast meal there which was fantastic in quality and portion size. They even had free drink refills like they do in America. A bit pricey as they cater to the business traveller and tourists. My bill was about 400 baht. They have a little table jukebox on every table where you can pick two songs for 5 baht. They have a special everyday. Free cocktail with a plate on Thursdays was one I remember. Sorry I didn't have my camera on me this visit. Here is the building when it was Catalina.

The American Diner is called Angel City Diner. It's located directly across from Citadines hotel. I dragged my gurl there. She had her usual papaya salad while I tried to order a french dip. "finshed" Then a roast beef sandwich, "finshed" So it was the roast turkey which they had. The sandwich was good although a little light on the turkey I thought. The bread was good and the fries were too. Can't beat the free refills just like America. We were the only customers there the whole time. I noticed they no longer had the daily specials. They must handle the room service for Prime 11, but I can't see this surviving. Perhaps another name change or theme is in the cards. The service was excellent but I think that's due us being the only customers.

:Eating:

Jan 10 CIB Annie 010.JPG

Jan 10 CIB Annie 005.JPG

Jan 10 CIB Annie 006.JPG

Jan 10 CIB Annie 007.JPG

Jan 10 CIB Annie 008.JPG

Jan 10 CIB Annie 009.JPG

Sounds excellent, ive eaten in there before, top burgers!

I had an awful experience at the firehouse, food took 45 minutes and came out stone cold.... they were giving priority to food by phone (take away) orders.... never again!!

Nice review... I've been to most of these... I thought firehouse was a good pick. I've been there 3-4 times and always had good service and food. it is small maybe 6-8 tables inside and a couple outside and has always been packed, so I always go early (before 8).... I was mixed on Angel diner, a decent attempt at American food, but not terrific,. The Australian was only OK, if not overpriced. Mulligans has a good beer selection, the appetizers we tried were good, never had a full meal there. There is also a decent Mexican place, for asia, called Charley Browns Mexicana -- it is on the side soi near cheap charlies outdoor bar, if know where cheap charlies is just keep walking and it is on the left.

Hi All

Realised I forgot to post my Review of the Above 11 Bar / Restaurant. I visited on 4th Feb with my 2 Fav LB (Bee & Patti) and I had already made a table reservation. We entered the lift with a couple of others and was so funny the expression on the European woman,s face was a picture as she stared at me with my 2 Friends. But we were greeted by the Bar by the waitress and shown to our roof side table overlooking Soi 11, and ordered cocktails, a Bottle of Wine and some sushi selection and we were treated just like any other customers so this place id 100% LB friendly.

We ordered, the soft Crab, Golden Potatoes, California Roll, Salmon and avacado roll, and a Tuna roll. The Food was very tasty, not the best sushi I have had but certainly edible. The bill with Wine was around 3500THB which I thought was very reasonable.

I would recommend a visit here, not just the view, but food and cocktails were very good - :D

Is that the place on top of Frasier Suites?

Any photos? that would have been a great backdrop.