Siam Man

Suvarnabhumi Airport Services

I thought we had this website for Suvarnabhumi (Swampy) Airport on a thread but I couldn't find it.

http://www.suvarnabhumiairport.com/index_en.php

Has some great info about the airport and its services. Baggage storage for 100 baht a day, ground transport options, train info, longes in the airport, shopping, VAT, dining, and you can even learn that Swampy earned best public toilet in 2012.

The one thing I couldn't find was an area before immigration where you could take a shower for free. I heard someone mention this before on this site but couldn't find it. Does this exist and anyone use this? Couldn't find it on this site,

The reason why I ask is I have a layover in BKK from 20:30 to 07:45 and I'm wanting to weigh out my options. I could shit, shower shave, store my bags and head to Nana and just use their ST rooms. I'll probably end up just getting a cheap hotel on Soi 7/1 (World or Star Inn) for around 700 to 800 baht and using that as a ST room and clean up there and store my carry on.

Probably won't sleep at all and head to airport around 05:30. Probably find a Nana ST'er then head to Check Inn bar after and see what they have on offer.

I have never seen any shower area in the arrival before immigration...

Thai Business and First class lounges (in the departure) have showers (there is even a Spa/Massage) but you need to have access to these

Also Emirates traditionally has a shower facility in their lounge.

There are a few "pay" lounges and they might have a shower, but, again, all in departure area, airside

Very unual to have a lounge in arrival

Swiss used (maybe still has it in Zurich) to have a welcome lounge with shower in the baggage area, but that is after immigration and before customs

In BKK you need a valid baording pass to access the departure level from arrival (ie a transit) before going through security upstair.

According to the Bangkok Post, Swampy is one of the best airports in the world when it comes to punctuality.

I can confirm that both, arrivals and departures are usually pretty much on time from my experience. And I use different airlines.

Waiting time at immigration (on arrival) was also not sooo bad the last few times I was there. Waiting time at immigration on departure was even excellent. I guess they want you to have enough time to do some duty free shopping...

Used priority line only once lately at BKK as I rarely travel in business class anymore these days. I was also quickly through that line.

Despite flying in economy class out of BKK I've used one of the smaller Miracle lounges there recently and it was okay, not much food variety but enough to compensate for the foregone breakfast at the hotel due to an early flight out of Bangkok.

Are your experiences at Swampy any different?

Edited by Thanks

8 minutes ago, Thanks said:

According to the Bangkok Post, Swampy is one of the best airports in the world when it comes to punctuality.

I can confirm that: arrivals and departures are usually pretty much on time from my experience. And I use different airlines.

Waiting time at immigration (arrival) was also not so bad the last few times I was there. Waiting time at immigration upon departure was even excellent. I guess they want you to do some duty free shopping...

Used priority line only once lately at BKK as I rarely travel in J class these days anymore. Was also quick through that line.

Are your experiences different?

I have had the same experience too, easy through immigration ,:D leaving very quite, in fact I was shocked nobody there...…. since the boat went down in Phuket, not many Chinese  :P

Lets hope I have the same experience on the 16/01 :P

It has a lot to do with Aerothai who provides the air traffic services in Thailand. 

But it's getting overcrowded and the slot coordination committee has to be given credit for maintaining discipline and not giving to airline demands for timings that could mess the whole thing.