Sign in to follow this  
hercmec

View Talay 6 Pattaya

This is a post for an accommodation in Pattaya, but I think it will get widest view in this forum.

View Talay, has several different properties, both in Pattaya and Jomtien. This is for View Talay 6 (VT-6). It's actually a condominium, that has rental units.

If you Google search "View Talay" several different sites will pop up, including Agoda. But even Agoda, only had one or two units displayed. If you Google "Dancewatchers View Talay 6", the site that I booked through will pop up. The dancewatchers site list several pages of condos that are available for booking. The rates differ according to unit, and high or low season. The building has 27 floors, the unit I booked was on the 26th, 26-1004. It cost me 1900 baht per night. I know that may give some people sticker shock, but I think it's worth it.

I think the greatest feature of this property is it's location. VT-6 sits between Soi 9 and 10. The front of the building is on 2nd road, but there is a walk through gate to Beach Road, so you have easy access to both. Since it's a condo, the units have kitchens. VT-6 is right next door the Central Festival Mall. The lower level of the mall is the food court, and has a grocery store. This was great for me, because I brought in food, and was able to have my morning coffee and some breakfast, without having to go out. The property also has several convenience stores, laundry shops and massage shops on the first floor.

Since it's a condo, you can bring all "friends" you want back to the room. There is a security desk in the lobby, and they do take I.D. cards, but no limit, and obviously, no fees.

Here are some shots of unit 26-1004.

LB13 013 (Copy).jpgLB13 014 (Copy).jpgLB13 015 (Copy).jpgLB13 016 (Copy).jpgLB13 017 (Copy).jpgLB13 019 (Copy).jpgLB13 020 (Copy).jpgLB13 021 (Copy).jpgLB13 022 (Copy).jpg

I didn't take a picture of it, but the room had a large room safe, large enough that a full size laptop as well as all your other sundries will fit inside.

As you can see, my room faced south Pattaya, and this brings up a very important item to be aware of. As you are scrolling through, looking at the individual room listings, you should notice that not all of them provide a balcony view, here's why.

As I said, the Central Festival is right next door, it is on the north side of the VT-6 building. Any unit, on the north side of the building, at the 20th floor or lower, your balcony view is of the Central Festival building. At the north west end, you also have the Hilton hotel, so even units on the higher floors of the north west side have their views blocked by the building. If the view is something you will want, make sure you book a unit that faces south. As you can see from my pictures, the view is spectacular. And even at mid day, the balcony temperature is still very comfortable.

Electricity is included up to a certain number of days. If I remember correctly, for the unit I was in, the magic number was 10. If you stayed less than 10 days, electricity is included, if you stay 10 days or more, you have to pay for the electricity also.

The booking process goes as follows. You pick your unit, check availability dates right there on the screen for your unit. When you send a reservation request to Dancewatchers, they will e-mail an invoice to you. You then pay to the owner, through Pay-Pal. Once that is confirmed, you will be e-mailed a voucher, and this is what you check in with. From the time I sent my reservation request, to the time I had my voucher was less than an hour. Maid service is available if you want, and can be set up at your booking time.

I think I've covered all the main points, I hope this helps. If anyone has any other questions, don't hesitate to ask, I'll help in any way I can.

Cheers!

Re: One True Saxon I am sure you will not be disappointed. There are just so many pluses to this property, that I believe out weigh the cost. And the cost really isn't that bad. I hope it works out for you.

I've also decided to spend at least a couple of nights at the View Talay 6 during my August trip. I am stuck for 2 nights at Page 10 because of a pre-payment, but will shift to VT6 after that.

View Talay is a great location and if your on the Walking street side and above 18th floor the views are fantastic. The complex also has shops , cafe, laundry and with central next door the only time u need to go far if in search of a freind.

Dancewathers are very good to deal with and often you will be dealing with Tik herself. I have stayed with them 7 maybe 8 times this last year and never had a problem - except when i locked myself out of the room one nite - but taxi to TV2 "office location" at Jomtien and they were waiting with the spare key.

The only issue is that it can be booked well in advanced especially the better rooms - but even the other rooms are fine.

Cost wise it is great value and if your staying more then 5 nites its cheaper again.

Im actually heading there this sunday for 6 nites before heading back home - so if anyone else is there drop me a line.

cheers