Sign in to follow this  
rouke

iCheck Inn, Ploenchit Soi 2 (updated 2015)

was checking out on Agoda prices these few days and saw offers for the iCheck Inn hotel rooms.

Was especially tempted by Ploenchit. Like to know if anyone had stayed in these hotels before.

How are the facilities and room and are they ladyboy friendly?

Tried to look for reviews in other adult forums and girl friendly hotel discussion websites but so far did not see any on these three?

The one in Ploenchit was called Monaco serviced apartments back in Feb/March on my last trip. I stayed there for the first 7 nights and enjoyed my stay there.

They are ladyboy friendly and you can take more than one back at a time or if they are visiting you. Reception will ring your room to let you know you have a visitor

you will find my review here at the bottom of page 3

http://www.bangkokla...-hotel-reviews/

Edited by OneTrueSaxon

The one in Ploenchit was called Monaco serviced apartments back in Feb/March on my last trip. I stayed there for the first 7 nights and enjoyed my stay there.

They are ladyboy friendly and you can take more than one back at a time or if they are visiting you. Reception will ring your room to let you know you have a visitor

you will find my review here at the bottom of page 3

http://www.bangkokla...-hotel-reviews/

You are the Man Saxon! Thanks again!

They must have only just changed it as well as I looked on Agoda last month and it was still Monaco and just looked on there now and it says I Check Inn.

Nice update on Monaco's name change. :clap:

OTS I'll add an edit note with a link to this thread on your Hotel Reviews thread.

stayed at citichic nana last week, very nice room and good staff no problems with bringing back lb.

a bit of a walk to the main road but they do have a shuttle that leaves every 30min.

would stay again, booked direct with the hotel and got the room for 1200bt

Edited by loko

stayed at citichic nana last week, very nice room and good staff no problems with bringing back lb.

a bit of a walk to the main road but they do have a shuttle that leaves every 30min.

would stay again, booked direct with the hotel and got the room for 1200bt

You can also take a short cut through to soi 11 then cut through a gate into soi 7 and its quicker going to Nana that way or take a right at Q Bar then take the first left that will bring you to soi 3. But then again your right. It is best to get the free tuk tuk to the end of the road

Qantas hotels still has it as Monaco and last Friday quoting $27 deluxe room. Stupidly I slept on it and Saturday back up to $54! Won't make that mistake again. :Bonkers:

I'm going to re-title this thread and update with some more currewnt information. As our hotel expert OTS mention the hotel used to be the Monaco but is now i Check Inn Ploenchit, Soi 2.

I'm staying here currently and have to say the deluxe rooms are bigger and a bit nicer than the i Check Inn on Soi 7/1. the only negative so farhas been my internet connection which seems to be okay today. I got the upgrade by booking online and indicating that I was return customer although I never stayed at this i Check Inn property.

I was staying at Aspen Suites prior to this which is just a couple doors down, Like the suites this place has a big ass refridgerator, microwave, and tea kettle. Except no tea bags or coffee??? A bit strange. The Nana property has a coffee, tea, and hot chocalte machine in the lobby and this property doesn't. They do have breakfast available which I think is 175 baht. They also have a lounge called the Chill out, which I haven't been to either.

I booked an extra day at the desk and got the same rate I got online, which was 1,299 baht after taxes. They have a Tuk tuk that takes you to the end of Soi 2 near Sukhumvit and Ploenchit station. There tuk tuk runs later than Aspen suites I've noticed.

Located just after Aspen Suites and Solo hotel on Soi 2.

IMG_4347.jpg

IMG_4348.jpg

A view from one of three windows in my corner room. Gives you an idea how far down Soi 2 it is.

IMG_4460.jpg

Just down from i Check Inn is an access path at Lohas Suites that goes from Soi 2 to Soi 4 which is quite handy to get to nearest 7/11 and laundy places instead of walking all the way down to Rajah parking lot cut through.

IMG_4462.jpg

Nice update. I especially like the photos that show the quick way to soi 4. I know what you mean about no coffee though. I ended up having to buy a small jar and the sugar I got from Subwa

Always makes me laugh when I see the little alcove at the side of Solo Hotel. As that's where I surprised my niece on the day she arrived after only joking with her a few day earIier that I might be in Bkk at the same time.

Keep meaning to use this place each trip. But the price at @Mind for the one bedroom suite is so cheap.

How would you compare the Icheckin to the Aspen Suites. I am also moving to soi 2 in two days time and looking for a hotel.

If your looking for a more newer place Solo Hotel is very good. I Check Inn is good for a longer stay. But if it's for a shorter stay Hotel Solo wins hands down and it's as a nice roof top bar and pool.

Edited by OneTrueSaxon

Nice update. I especially like the photos that show the quick way to soi 4. I know what you mean about no coffee though. I ended up having to buy a small jar and the sugar I got from Subwa

Here are a few photos of where that path lets out on Soi 4 in front of Omni Towers. It's a good set up for Lohas Suites with exposure on both Sois. I priced them out and they were wanting 3,200 baht a night. They cater to Japanese customers judging from the brochures in the lobby.

IMG_3367.jpg

IMG_3368.jpg

IMG_3369.jpg

IMG_4469.jpg

IMG_4470.jpg

Some shots of inside the room. This was a deluxe room which I think are corner rooms. Three windows and a small balcony that could fit one person. Would suit a smoker I guess.

IMG_4464.jpg

IMG_4465.jpg

IMG_4466.jpg

I recently stayed at the i Check Inn on Soi 2. I was hoping to get the free upgrade as a repeat customer, however they were full so it was a smaller room than I had last time and no couch. I moved over from Aspen suites which is better for longer stays. i Check is about $15 AUD cheaper a night I think. My room wasn't ready yet so I had to wait in the Chill in room on the second floor. I had never been down to this level before. There I found that free coffee and hot chocolate machine like they have in the i Check Inn lobby on Soi 7/1. Also a pool table, restroom, and a room with a comfy couch and TV. Internet access which helped pass the hour wait I had until someone from reception came up and told me my room was ready.

No burners in the kitchen so no cooking like I was doing in Aspen Suites. However it was a decent sized kitchen which I used twice for standing sex. I had no problem with guest. In fact I had three in my room at the same time one night and they didn't bat an eye.

Tuk tuk was always ready to run me down to the end of Soi 2 or a convenient stop at Rajah Hotel complex.

I had a midnight flight back to Oz so I got a late check out to 5 P.M. for 500 baht. Usually it's 700 baht until 6 P.M. but they couldn't give me that because they were full. Aspen Suites was also full during this Christmas period, which tells me tourism is recovering. Prices are also higher than last year Christmas time at all the hotels I stayed at previously or compared.

Chill in Room area

IMG_5056.JPG

IMG_5057.JPG

IMG_5058.JPG

IMG_5059.JPG

IMG_5060.JPG

on my next trip for the 1st 2 nights before going to Pattaya, it looks like a nice place,and a good location and price.

Has anyone stayed there? If so how is it?

I usually stay at Majestic Suites on my first night but wanted to try something different this time and I'm spending 2 nights in BKK, so any reviews would be appreciated.

This hotel used to be called the Monaco(?) I think?

http://www.agoda.com/icheck-inn-sukhumvit-soi-2/reviews/bangkok-th.html

Thanks in advance,

Iceberg :)

I recently stayed at the i Check Inn on Soi 2. I was hoping to get the free upgrade as a repeat customer, however they were full so it was a smaller room than I had last time and no couch. I moved over from Aspen suites which is better for longer stays. i Check is about $15 AUD cheaper a night I think. My room wasn't ready yet so I had to wait in the Chill in room on the second floor. I had never been down to this level before. There I found that free coffee and hot chocolate machine like they have in the i Check Inn lobby on Soi 7/1. Also a pool table, restroom, and a room with a comfy couch and TV. Internet access which helped pass the hour wait I had until someone from reception came up and told me my room was ready.

No burners in the kitchen so no cooking like I was doing in Aspen Suites. However it was a decent sized kitchen which I used twice for standing sex. I had no problem with guest. In fact I had three in my room at the same time one night and they didn't bat an eye.

Tuk tuk was always ready to run me down to the end of Soi 2 or a convenient stop at Rajah Hotel complex.

I had a midnight flight back to Oz so I got a late check out to 5 P.M. for 500 baht. Usually it's 700 baht until 6 P.M. but they couldn't give me that because they were full. Aspen Suites was also full during this Christmas period, which tells me tourism is recovering. Prices are also higher than last year Christmas time at all the hotels I stayed at previously or compared.

Chill in Room area

attachicon.gifIMG_5056.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5057.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5058.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5059.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5060.JPG

+1 and thanks for the report Siam Man, about the "Chill In" room I will be giving this pool table a work out for sure, as I love to play pool! 5555

My brother (TerryBB) will be staying there also and we'll certainly be playing pool and "Chilling in out" there before we go out to enjoy the nightlife!

The BankokLadyboy forum once again proves to be a great source of knowledge!

Thanks again,

Stayed there on two separate occasions. Feb/March 2013 and November 2014

Posted in hotel reviews. I can't put the link in as not on PC. But you should able to find it easy enough

+1 and thanks for the report Siam Man, about the "Chill In" room I will be giving this pool table a work out for sure, as I love to play pool! 5555

My brother (TerryBB) will be staying there also and we'll certainly be playing pool and "Chilling in out" there before we go out to enjoy the nightlife!

The BankokLadyboy forum once again proves to be a great source of knowledge!

Thanks again,

Remember the short cut to Soi 4 if going to 7/11, Laundry or other things that Soi 2 doesn't have. You can also take the Hotel Tuk Tuk down to Sukhumvit. I ran until until 11 most nights when I was there. Was great to take down to Rajah Hotel Entrance in front of Majestic Grande. Practically at Paradise Clubs door. You can also play pool for free there too.

I've stayed a couple times now for a week each time. I would have stayed in February however there rate increased and Aspen was about the same. Aspen is bigger, and had breakfast so I chose them.

I see you booked on Agoda. You can also book them through their website which saves a little, but morte importantly you can get a free upgrade if they have room as a return customer. For future reference.

i was gonna book hotel icon but i found out the entire hotel is non smokin so im lookin at monaco ( icheckinn) now. Do they have smokin rooms? and apparently no coffee in the rooms eh? I usually stay at aspen suites love that hotel but i cant stand the beds on wheels anymore, anyone know if the beds @ icheckinn also have wheels? thanks in advance

i was gonna book hotel icon but i found out the entire hotel is non smokin so im lookin at monaco ( icheckinn) now. Do they have smokin rooms? and apparently no coffee in the rooms eh? I usually stay at aspen suites love that hotel but i cant stand the beds on wheels anymore, anyone know if the beds @ icheckinn also have wheels? thanks in advance

I don't remember them having wheels, but I do recall those at Aspen Suites having wheels.

i Check Inn on Soi has small balcony in that you can smoke on.