Sign in to follow this  
stegmann

Soi Arab - Soi 3/1

I know Bkk changes very quickly but I'm pretty sure the road layout stays the same whether it's day or night :) now you could try a dry run in the daytime but I doubt you will be walking right up to that bar bish bash bosh considering you have to pass soi arab . Good luck

Soi Arab is Soi 3/1, not Soi 5. It's sometimes called that because many of the businesses and restaurants there cater to Arabs, and a majority of the people on the street are Arabic. There are some terrific restaurants along this Soi.

Soi Arab is Soi 3/1, not Soi 5. It's sometimes called that because many of the businesses and restaurants there cater to Arabs, and a majority of the people on the street are Arabic. There are some terrific restaurants along this Soi.

Agree 100% some fine Arabic restaurants that would match any other worldwide. I have also been using the hairdressers for a close cut throat shave. Its just on your right as you enter from Sukhumvit.

Agree 100% some fine Arabic restaurants that would match any other worldwide. I have also been using the hairdressers for a close cut throat shave. Its just on your right as you enter from Sukhumvit.

any in particular you'd recommend (restaurants i mean)?

thanks

Interesting topic about the services catered to the Arab clientele. A few years back they even had belly dancing at the Grace Hotel if my memory serves me right.

I do not think they have it anymore. Unfortunately I did not see the dancing so cannot comment on that but saw the advertisement in the hotel.

any in particular you'd recommend (restaurants i mean)?

thanks

My favorite is Shahrazad, which is located on the left as you walk up Soi 3/1. It's set back off the street a bit, so be careful not to go past it. It's mainly Egyptian style food, but there are other Arabic styles as well.

My favorite is Shahrazad, which is located on the left as you walk up Soi 3/1. It's set back off the street a bit, so be careful not to go past it. It's mainly Egyptian style food, but there are other Arabic styles as well.

I know this is off topic but does anybody know the equivalent of Pattaya's Second Road restaurant "Kiss Food" in this area Soi3, Soi3/1, Soi 5, NEP ..etc.

Kiss Food in Pattaya is cheap and healthy and clean and accessible. What is the equivalent to this in Bangkok around this area?

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I don't know enough about the different Arabic styles. but everytime i try arabic food (usually lebanese) i like it

I may miss spell the names a little but the ones I have visited and enjoyed Ali Hussians , Shahrazad, Petra, and Nasir Al-masri

There is a nice arabic restaurant in soi 2 called Arabesque and it just across from Solo hotel and Beruit in the Ploenchit centre both with I have yet to visit even though I stayed in soi 2 a couple of times.

Edited by OneTrueSaxon

I know this is off topic but does anybody know the equivalent of Pattaya's Second Road restaurant "Kiss Food" in this area Soi3, Soi3/1, Soi 5, NEP ..etc.

Kiss Food in Pattaya is cheap and healthy and clean and accessible. What is the equivalent to this in Bangkok around this area?

Places on soi 7 are probably closest match, don't know if they are open all day like Kiss

Foodland's diner at the front of the store is very similar to Kiss - cheap, good portions and very clean. The challenge is getting a seat anytime of the day or night. The major plus is its airconditioned and they use good coffee.

Foodland's diner at the front of the store is very similar to Kiss - cheap, good portions and very clean. The challenge is getting a seat anytime of the day or night. The major plus is its airconditioned and they use good coffee.

I love foodland diner :-) great place to eat

I love foodland diner :-) great place to eat

Agreed.

Foodland is good for all meals in my book. Cheap, quick and good. You can't beat the breakfast special. Some times you have to wait for seat to open, but that doesn't take long.

Foodland American breakfast special. 2 eggs, 1 skimpy piece of bacon or little sausage, smaller toast, choice of pineapple or orange juice, and choice of coffee or tea. It's 51 baht from 6:30 to 9:30 and 63 after.

post-1796-0-93114900-1330576729.jpg

Some other breakfast specials they have on offer.

post-1796-0-48989400-1334560955.jpg