mikel

Chiang Mai hotel?

Will be heading up to Chiang Mai in October - can anyone recommend a LB friendly hotel 3-4 star, (swimming pool, fitness room would be useful). Close to the action would be good but I bow to the BM's knowledge and experience if this is not a good idea. Thanks in advance for any and all info.

Well.. I think, as long as you check in with your girl, and/or don't monger and bring a new girl every night, you should have no problem.. Probably you get charged an extra bed.. I never experienced any troubble with Ladyboys I checked in with...

Cheers

SM

Edited by silentmoebius

maninarakorn hotel (somthing like that) ,,different girl every night no problem ,(well book room for 2 of course) reasonably quiet but close to the action,,the main building is far better than the annexe or outa building,,,

maninarakorn hotel (somthing like that) ,,different girl every night no problem ,(well book room for 2 of course) reasonably quiet but close to the action,,the main building is far better than the annexe or outa building,,,

Well Chang Mai, is a bit differnt to Bkk or Pattaya I guess... I love the city, though I have been ther only a few days in 2010..

Cheers

SM

I live in Chiang Mai and you have lots of options. I would recommend Raming Lodge, close to action, 1 min walk to sassy lounge, 2 min walk to friends corner, 3 min walk to boxing complex which houses marina bar and shamrock bar. Lots of freelancers in the area after 11ish and a lot of bars on the street have hidden gems mixed in with GG. The hotel itself is prob 3 star if you book the better rooms, (they have a pool though not massive) but you could do worse.

Check out their web site, sorry no link but google is your friend. If you want 4/5 star have a look at the meridian.

I have used both in the past with no problems at all with guests.

The freelance girls have short time rooms within 3 mins walk but they are not the best.

Expect to pay 1000ST and 2000/2500LT although CM is getting very quiet at the moment so you may negotiate better.

Hope that was of some help.

Bit more info if you are flying into CM the taxis at the airport are a cartel, but dont worry as they have a flat charge into the city of 120baht. If you do decide to stay at raming lodge i can recommend a local bar for food. Come out of the hotel cross the road and turn left approx 60m you will see a bar called the wild boar, this is a non p4p bar but a regular drinking haunt with ex-pats. The food either thai or western is excellent, opens around 8-30am and kitchen closes around 11pm.

If you need any further info on CM please do not hesitate to PM me.

Thanks reissit - that's what makes this forum so good, decent, honest, to the point advice! I owe you several beers.......

Expedia is offering me deals because I booked a flight through them. That Maninarakorn Hotel .99 Sridonchai Rd. T. Changklan A.Muang is very inexpensive. I'll have acompanion with me so no bringing one home, well maybe a snowballs chance in hell of that.

Is there lots of bars around LB and others?

I live in Chiang Mai and you have lots of options. I would recommend Raming Lodge, close to action, 1 min walk to sassy lounge, 2 min walk to friends corner, 3 min walk to boxing complex which houses marina bar and shamrock bar. Lots of freelancers in the area after 11ish and a lot of bars on the street have hidden gems mixed in with GG. The hotel itself is prob 3 star if you book the better rooms, (they have a pool though not massive) but you could do worse.

Check out their web site, sorry no link but google is your friend. If you want 4/5 star have a look at the meridian.

I have used both in the past with no problems at all with guests.

The freelance girls have short time rooms within 3 mins walk but they are not the best.

Expect to pay 1000ST and 2000/2500LT although CM is getting very quiet at the moment so you may negotiate better.

Hope that was of some help.

I'll look this one up, thanks reissit. Would like to catch up with you in June if your around.

Just be careful the prices quoted at maninarikorn are for inside and not outside rooms . Huge difference in quality. I like its location personally. Have stayed @ 4 others and its my favourite . Ladyboy friendly , good brekky . Its the block down from the main action , approx 100mtr walk up a small soi brings you out at the boxing complex .

I only see the Deluxe Residence rooms on Agoda and Expedia. The Deluxe Terrace is in photos and has nice living area, but doesn't have a price quote for this room on either site? Is that what you are talking about when you say inside and outside?

4 floors and no elevators.

Well i can only speak for agoda so not to confuse things . Any rooms that say "residence" are not in the main building and in my opinion crap in comparison ."........

Personaly at those prices i would take the suite if i had a companion :)

The residence or outside building doesnt have lifts but the main building definately does

I stayed in Manina... and had two nights in the main building. Good size room, decent bed and bathroom. Stayed one night (for $17) in the old section. It's not somewhere you'd want to hang out. Ok for a sleep and off to airport. Here's a shot of the room on the fourth floor. Two lifts and as Aussie rod says the breakfast is good. Pretty sure you could take an lb to the dining room no trouble. There are two sois that lead to the main area. The gym is shit - everything is broken! 7-11 to the left of the hotel and a bank to the right.

m.JPG