Sign in to follow this  
Halfjboy

Anyone reccomend a good plastic surgeon?

its easier than you think to lose weight and lipo is quite painful..

1) lay off the booze for a few months, sip red wine if you really need a drink (450 calories per bottle, a pint is 250), the problem with drink is it lowers you inhibitions and you eat without thinking, usually at night, which is bad as the food gets stored as fat as you dont use it.

2) change your eating habits, large breakfast (Oat based cereal or eggs), medium size lunch, snack in the afternoon, fruit at night.

eat less fat, more protein (lean meats), limit carbs (try not to eat rice / bread so much, especially at night)

Look for low GI foods as they keep you fuller for longer.

if you like Lattes, give them up and learn to love Americanos. (200 cals is half pint of milk, its really food!!)

3) If you can learn to jog, the weight will fall off. start by walking and jogging in intervals for 20 minutes per day, after two weeks you should be able to job 20 minutes without walking. (20 minutes will equate to approx 3km / 300 Calories)

4) Sleep 7 hours a night. (or work out your optimum sleeping time with a phone app)

Within 2 to 3 months, you will easily shed 10kg.

You can treat yourself to booze once you get into the rhythm and can discipline yourself not to drink everytime you see a beer (I hit the fridge and drink sparkling water to get over my after work beer cravings), but you should see this as a lifestyle change and not a diet.

I got my closest buddy on this plan, he went from 106kg to 72kg, from a fat slob to ripped running 7kms per day. Only problem is that you will get saggy skin, usually around your arse!! :-)

This is easier and more fun than lipo, believe me, you will become addicted to the jogging / running and Lipo wont make you fit.

I am slowly trying to chang my lifestyle as you were saying, I am military and we have to PT test every six months so I find myself yoyoing weight wise, and I have a test coming up in April figured a jump start couldn't hurt. You nailed my problem though, if I could lay off the booze I would be skinny as fuck because I eat pretty decently when I'm not drinking lol... It is so hard to not drink...