Sign in to follow this  
pete63

Is the Rose Hotel in Silom LB friendly?

I am thinking of staying at the Rose Hotel in Patpong for a couple of nights, both to check out Patpong and because it was the first hotel I stayed in during my first mongering trip to Bangkok in December 1987. It was definitely monger friendly back then, but has been renovated and gone upmarket since then. Has anyone stayed there and what was your experience like?

I think you will have to call them Pete and see if they charge anything for guests. Alternatively, if you book online you could put 2 under number of people in room. They may ask you for a name of other person checking in, but just say to be determined or TBD.

Most BM's here stay in the Nana area and then take the train to Patpong. I've only stayed in Silom a few times. Silom City Hotel is guest friendly. I stayed at two others that were not. Turned into a big hassle with both. One was Holiday Inn which is a bit of a walk to Patpong. they wanted to charge me for my guest who was the same each night. They finally caved in when said I wanted refunded for my future nights. They said they couldn't do that, so I said I couldn't pay their joiners fee. It was a bit off a standoff and then I mentioned my priority club membership with them and asked them if this was how they treated their members. Eventually the manager came out and we went through it all again before they waived the fees.

I get to agitated these days to go through hassles so I stay in Nana where almost all the hotels are guest friendly.

I did a search on www.bangkok-addicts.com forum and found a post that states that it is boy friendly so it should be a go for ladyboys and girls as well. The silom area has a few gay bars so if they let in the boys they should let in the rest but you never know. I think it would be better if you asked them about it rather than be unsure.