Sign in to follow this  
uptome

Accommodation for longer stay? (3 weeks)

Hi everyone, have been lurking on this board for a while now and it's a great resource.

I'll be in Bangkok for three weeks starting later this month and plan to do my fair share of mongering while I'm there of course :) it'll be my second visit but my mongering time was limited on the first trip.

It is part of a multi-month holiday so I'm trying to be budget-conscious about accommodation. Since it's for a few weeks I'm wondering if there are short-stay apartments or something that may be a bit cheaper than spending the whole trip in a hotel. For obvious reasons I'd like to be no further from NEP than a 10 minute taxi ride, and preferably near a BTS/MRT too.

Can anybody make some recommendations along these lines? I checked out wgfriendly.com but it's all hotels and usually $40+/night... if I could snag something a bit cheaper than that it'd be great. Resources for my own search are great too, I'm a newbie to this :)

Thank you!

Citidine apartments do deals for longer term accom as they cater for business people,,,,,Going off OTS"s report it may be worth looking to see what deal you can get at solo apartments on Soi 2 ,,,,,,,,,Other than that ,,just search the hotel review section on this forum ,,,3 weeks isnt really a lot different than a week really...Failing that there are loads of hotel reviews on the net ,,just cross reference here in regards to mongering may be the idea ...

I've booked an apt. off Airbnb in Soi 39, about equidistant from BTS Asoke (Soi cowboy) and BTS Phrom Phong (the Emporium mall) nestled in the japanese quarter. it's a bit deep into the Soi, but I don't mind a walk during the day, and it's always a cab home when you have a lady in just-do-me heels to look after!

It is not my first BKK trip by any means, stayed in Soi 22, which is pretty much opposite to Soi 39, whenever I visited for years, so I know where I am in relation to everything.

But it is my first apt rental. I've booked 21 days, and it is far cheaper than a hotel of the same standard, with daily maid, security, wifi, washing machine, microwave, and all the other mod-cons, plus a balcony (for smoker LB/GGs) which is almost unheard of in all but the most luxurious hotels these days.

The thing about apartments that are run corporately, is they don't care who comes home with you, so long as you don't wake the neighbours and trash the place.

Never rent from an individual leasor if you plan to entertain. Since they are very fussy about their places, and quite sniffy about who is seen coming and going, most of them are female landladys as well!

The other advantage is this place is a 40 storey two tower complex, so nice and anonymous... of course there is a pool, gym, and all the rest... I'll report back as the trip progresses.

I've booked an apt. off Airbnb in Soi 39, about equidistant from BTS Asoke (Soi cowboy) and BTS Phrom Phong (the Emporium mall) nestled in the japanese quarter. it's a bit deep into the Soi, but I don't mind a walk during the day, and it's always a cab home when you have a lady in just-do-me heels to look after!

For stays of 3 weeks or longer I also much prefer getting a (serviced) condo instead of a hotel. If you've booked '39 Boulevard' on soi 39 you'll be just fine, great accommodation for reasonable prices.

http://www.39boulevard.com/