Sign in to follow this  
crazycloud

Mandatory STD testing in LB bars?

I know that the girls who work in Nana Plaza agogo bars are subjected to monthly STD screening and are not allowed to work if they test positive. Can anyone confirm that the LB bars in Nana do the same kind of testing? Not that I plan on going bareback, but knowing that my date for the night is more likely to be HIV negative than the average FL makes me less nervous about potential condom breaks.

If it doesnt happen, there isnt really an explanation. This is Thailand. I too doubt it happens, but dont know for sure. Are you sure about the GG Bars (ie from reliable info, not just from a GG who told you she was clean?) On another thread you said you think it happens in Cascades. I've not heard that.

I assume it's not difficult to get a negative result certificate, unless the tests are very carefully controlled (and at a large bar it would be a major industry). Not saying it isnt a good idea, though!!

Stickman has mentioned monthly STD testing in the agogo bars but has never specified if the LB bars participate in that. If all the bars in Nana do the testing I would assume the LB bars also do it. I've also read about it on other message boards. Also, I've had GGs and mamasans tell me that the doctors come to the bars every month and do the testing on-site. I'm pretty confident that this is true. I posted here just to see if anyone could confirm that the LB bars also test. Again, I would assume they do.

From what I've heard the girls used to go to the clinic to get the testing and were responsible to bring back the results (a practice which lends itself to fraudulent certificates) . Now the clinics come straight to the bars and test on-site.

I wouldn't assume anything in this scene .... ie. that LB bars do. But it is VERY encouraging to know that all GG bars in Nana do the tests in a robust manner with every girl present. It wouldn't be like Stickman to present such as fact if it isnt.

I will make some further enquiries. This might be a subject where wishful thinking applies. Lotusguy I'm sure has some solid info, as he's not prone to flights of fantasy. Well ... not too many :D

Prostitution is illegal in thailand - believe it or not.

Mandatory STD testing is just an urban legend.

Do you really think if a girl doesnt show up for work for 3 weeks and then returns, the mamasan will say no, today you not work! You test first! LOL

I know for a fact that there are plenty of 'h*v positive' ladyboys working for years. Its not a secret but most just dont want to believe or know about it.

Some establishments like eden club, devils den and such might test their girls but forget about it in ladyboy bars. Thats a different and almost uncontrollable breed. Did you ever see how a ladyboy bar looks like when a police is coming to check and does a drug screening? There will be 3 girls left on stage dancing. The rest got tipped off by the mamasan and barfined themself, so they dont get caught by the cops.

I love ladyboys as much as the next guy, but this is thailand and what ever is the law or the rule doesnt apply here.

Som nam na.. ;)

Edited by LadyboyMeister

wow, that's helpful. I guess you expect me to take your word on that with no explanation?

Yes I do , reason why 5 post against nearly 700 . And 15 plus trips to Thailand also go in my favour , but as others have agreed with me you have your answer

Regards

Lotus

Yes I do , reason why 5 post against nearly 700 . And 15 plus trips to Thailand also go in my favour , but as others have agreed with me you have your answer Regards Lotus

Pulling rank on message boards.... yawn.

You're a new poster who asks a question - and gets a straightforward reply. Doesnt mean you're a newbie on the scene, or that you know nothing. But lotusguy does very likely know. This board tends to treat new posters well, but that is a two-way street.

You're a new poster who asks a question - and gets a straightforward reply. Doesnt mean you're a newbie on the scene, or that you know nothing. But lotusguy does very likely know. This board tends to treat new posters well, but that is a two-way street.

No sweat, man. I just consider "Does not happen" to be less than a helpful response. "Does not happen" with a brief explanation of how he knows that it does not happen would be entirely different. As a new poster I have no idea who lotusguy is. Not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers, but I think there is enough talk out there about mandatory testing to at least speculate that it happens. If someone knows with certainty that it does not happen and can say how they know, then that is very helpful. "Does not happen" with no followup is a frustrating response.

Anyway, it would be nice if it happens. And not at all surprised if it doesn't or if it does and the girls and/or mamasans have devised numerous ways to get around it. It is Thailand after all. Nothing is ever quite what it seems or promises to be.

I wouldn't assume anything in this scene .... ie. that LB bars do. But it is VERY encouraging to know that all GG bars in Nana do the tests in a robust manner with every girl present. It wouldn't be like Stickman to present such as fact if it isnt.

I will make some further enquiries. This might be a subject where wishful thinking applies. Lotusguy I'm sure has some solid info, as he's not prone to flights of fantasy. Well ... not too many :D

Well, Stickman mentioned once about agogo girls having to go for mandatory testing but then said in the same paragraph that he's heard of girls paying the doctor to fix their results. So there's that.

regardless of what any responces/views are on an internet forum it would be far best for any monger/punter to assume thay are all positive and protect yourself accordingly....At best any advice you may recieve either on this forum or indeed "stickman" or any other source would lack credibility because as you said "its Thailand"....

I just e-mailed a ladyboy friend who lives in Bangkok and worked for a brief time at Guess Bar before getting a job in retail. I asked her if she knew if the girls in the NEP ladyboy bars are required to be tested. She answered that she doesn't think so.

I'll be in Bangkok again in a couple of months. I'll ask around in the bars this time and see what kind of answers I get.

I made further enquiries last night, when I was with a LB who used to work in Nana Plaza (and her house mates still do). She confirms what lotusguy posted. She also said it doesnt happen in GG bars either. The only testing she is aware of is 'pee-pee testing for drugs, when the police arrive'

In Singapore (one of the Orchard bars) there is a test, but if you dont happen to be working that night you miss it.

Some sensible LBs get their own tests done.

I just e-mailed a ladyboy friend who lives in Bangkok and worked for a brief time at Guess Bar before getting a job in retail. I asked her if she knew if the girls in the NEP ladyboy bars are required to be tested. She answered that she doesn't think so.

I'll be in Bangkok again in a couple of months. I'll ask around in the bars this time and see what kind of answers I get.

It seems like you are just going to keep asking until you get the answer you want - as if that might make you feel better/safer. From the answers you get here it seems at best there is uncertainty and at worst they do not get tested. If you ask ladyboys in the bar then they are probably going to tell you what you want to hear - that yes they are all clean and tested regularly.

Crazycloud if your so concerned tell her to get a blood test in the AM with the results in English you wouldn't have been the first one with that request!

It seems like you are just going to keep asking until you get the answer you want - as if that might make you feel better/safer. From the answers you get here it seems at best there is uncertainty and at worst they do not get tested. If you ask ladyboys in the bar then they are probably going to tell you what you want to hear - that yes they are all clean and tested regularly.

Of course I would like to believe that all the girls get tested in all the bars, but give me a break. man. I'm not a complete idiot. I'm not going to go ask the bargirls and just naively take their "yes" for an answer. Neither am I going to take "absolutely not" for an answer from people on a message board who I know nothing about. I have heard stories from various sources that GGs get tested. Maybe it's true, maybe not. I have heard it said that GG bars test their girls because if word gets out that customers are catching STDs at such and such a bar it can potentially kill their business. I still believe that GG bars test their girls. Maybe not all, but at least some. It wouldn't surprise me at all if ladyboy bars play by a different set of rules.

Crazycloud if your so concerned tell her to get a blood test in the AM with the results in English you wouldn't have been the first one with that request!

Not a bad idea. Thanks. I tend to barfine spontaneously though so it kind of rules out that option. But in the case where one really likes a girl and plans to barfine her multiple times I could see how it would be wise to have her tested. My general rule is to pick girls who seem sober and grounded enough to be responsible on the driving end of a condom. So far I've experienced no condom breaks with LBs. I think if quality condoms are used and they are put on properly it is pretty rare for them to break.

. Neither am I going to take "absolutely not" for an answer from people on a message board who I know nothing about. I have heard stories from various sources that GGs get tested. Maybe it's true, maybe not. .

Why ask on a message board then? Yes, maybe we are talking bullshit, maybe not. Do you want my CV?