Sign in to follow this  
iamthestig

Christmas day in BKK

Any suggestions of a good place to hang out on the day? Will be there this year with my LB GF.

I think that BKK/Thailand being a buddhist palce will not celebrate much Christmas, but on the other hadn, being also "farang land" and "business is business", lots of places patronized by farangs will blink the eyes to business and show Christmas Trees, decorations, Christmas parties, dinners, Miss Christmas election, Miss Santa Claus, Christmas cocktails, Christmas pad-thai...name it and you get it.

If your looking for traditional xmas food, you could go to the Landmark buffet and hang out eating and drinking for a few hours. Spent a couple of xmas days there in the past and the food was really good and they will have thai dishes as part of the buffet for your girlfriend. Think last time i was there on xmas day 2 years ago it was 1500bht per couple, obviously drinks extra but well worth it.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, haven't decided what we are doing yet, but the Landmark buffet sounds like a good option.

Any reports of the Dubliner, which from what I've seen online does a full christmas lunch. i suspect it might not be quite so LB friendly ;)

Hooge dins would be ace for me too, like the sound of that. I guess you are talking about the Soi 8 pub?

Soi 8 pub appears to have new ownership and a few comments I have heard are that things have headed South, quality and service wise. However its only anecdotal comments and I have not recently been there myself.

Bully's have not finalised their menu or even if its a buffet or served meal yet.

I doubt the Landmark would be 1500b for 2 people - more like 1500 each now.

Thanks for the tip Mardhi

Bullys is going to be probably the best value - infact its ludicrously cheap by BKK standards and even half the price of many places in Pattaya. 3 course meal with two starters one of which was Onion soup. The other as I recall is a Ceasar salad. Roast Turkey or Roast Pork Loin for mains with vegetables etc and then couple of desserts. 495b.

495baht sounds like good value @ bullies (some nice ggs there too ) just a bit of a comparison,am going to an all you can eat buffet here is ausssieland for christmas lunch (owned by chinese and located in a club) price = $70 au or roughly 2000baht,,admittedly there are oysters and king prawns but still a lot of difference to bkk huh

Soi 8 pub appears to have new ownership and a few comments I have heard are that things have headed South, quality and service wise. However its only anecdotal comments and I have not recently been there myself.

Bully's have not finalised their menu or even if its a buffet or served meal yet.

I doubt the Landmark would be 1500b for 2 people - more like 1500 each now.

Hi mardhi,

I agree with your comment, as i found some of the waitresses had a bit of a attitude when i was there last.

The food was indeed excellent and superb value for money given the low price. New years day they are doing a similar menu but with a roast Ham as the centrepoint and this time its 5 courses. I do recall Pumpkin soup was one part of it. What I like is that its all homemade now in the restaurant - nothing is brought in anymore, and the head chef knows what he is doing. The new years day menu is also 499b. I get very jaded with restaurants and Bully's is now hitting many hot spots for me at least.