scottie1954

No review on the master of all Nana hotel: THE Nana Hotel itself?

Funny enough there is no review nor there is much about it. I try to fill the gap with a few pictures a friend of mine took when he was there.

Mind you, NOT all rooms have that standard (especially in the bathroom), the good ones seem located in the lower floors, I am told.

On the ground floor, past reception there is a massage aprloru (no LB) acting also as a barber and full (down) shaving)

lady called Thai does a good and attentive one. No damages to your jewels and the service comes at 500yhb.

znana_100_3163.jpgznana_100_3192.jpgznana_101_1054.jpg

thanks for this mate.

I think this hotel is pretty much an institution where it was THE place to go about 10-15 years ago when it had the fantastic nightclub in its ground floor/basement area. When that closed, ithe hotel became ghost-like with only the returning trade from yesteryears propping up the coffers.

Its amazing that it is still there (and trading!) as this surely cannot be turning a profit.

Its competition that is surrounding its every angle is by far uber-superior to what Nana Hotel is able to provide.

Thanks for the review though. It brought back happy horny memories :)

I tried to book a room here a little over a month ago, and I had no luck online i.e. through Agoda. You have to email the hotel directly,

nanabkk@nanahotel.co.th

and they were good about getting back to me... I actually ended up not staying at Nana Hotel, because I was quite fine up the street. I have heard mixed reviews, but would appreciate a credible account, esp in terms of cleanliness/condition of rooms.

Hopefully I can be credible !

The hotel was last refurbished in 1980 and was doing a roaring trade for 20 years. Alas, this has had a wearing effect on it all and is now very tired and old looking.

It is clean enough, but there is just too much competition for similar money in this area to be choosing Nana Hotel.

It will be sad when it goes, although I've never stayed there due to the nearby competition, I feel I should have or at least I have missed out on something perhaps 15+ years ago in its heyday. You could probably count the LBs on one hand in the early 90's. Life would have been so much simpler back then. It's more of a sex museum these days when P4P was one of the serious income earners for Thailand.I think the arrival of the internet marked the end of Nana hotel.

I have not been to the Nana Hotel myself for simialr reasons as Gilb mentions. Nevertheless it is a piece of (mongering) history and a tribute has to be paid :) refurbishing it is probably needed, quite costly and I could see this to happen only if an international chain takes it over. But hten even more "past history" on our memories. We have to voucher that any hotel if not well mantained tends to become old through the years and updates are always needed in terms of bathrooms (one of the weakest point in any hotel) and technology (wifi. aircon) not to mention the upgrading of pools etc.

Having said that my friend who provided me the photos, a long timer customer of Nana, confirms you ahve to ask for the new rooms to get a decent quality. And these have been the subject of my pictures. The bathroom looks quite appropriate to my eyes.

Any report is of course more than welcome and I have been surprised why not a single line had been written in this time on Nana Hotel, maybe Gilb gave the answer: none "of us" has been there.

Thanks for facilitating a conversation about this fixture of Soi 4. I once read on a forum where everyone who mongers on Soi 4 should stay there once. They also mentioned stained walls, old linen, bad plumbing, no remotes. I guess I just took their word for it and never saw them advertise on online travel sites. So I have most recently went by others recommendations.

When you speak of things being outdated, It reminded me of my last trip to Las Vegas where I stayed at this place called Fitzgeralds on the old strip (Fremont Street) It was like a time machine into the 70's. Mammoth TV from the 90's, huge old below window noisy aircon unit, ash trays and match books, dated furniture, and the bathroom fixtures reminded me of my family's bathroom in the 70's. Bulky old phones. The old Vegas hotels just can't compete with the the newer ones with capital investments, so they become a budget hotel. Similar to the Nana in my estimation.

What do they charge a night anyway?

Thanks for facilitating a conversation about this fixture of Soi 4. What do they charge a night anyway?

1690tbh for the "good" rooms

Yah, thats just it, I'm not about to spend that when I can stay at Dawin, Ibis, Heaven@4 among others for less than that.

If they offer a special rate it would surely be for the old rooms.

I have not been to the Nana Hotel myself for simialr reasons as Gilb mentions. Nevertheless it is a piece of (mongering) history and a tribute has to be paid :) refurbishing it is probably needed,

It must have been mid to late 90's since I stayed there and it seemed dated then

I don't know about refurbishing I would think it would be better knocked down and rebuilt in to a new boutique hotel to compete with the other new hotels that keep sprouting up around the nearby soi's

Totally agree SM, if anyone was to going to stay here, it would need to be about the 900-1000 baht rate. Any more then you are looking at Royal Ivory, thereafter, Ibis, thereafter.....200 odd hotels that are miles better than Nana.

Thanks for facilitating a conversation about this fixture of Soi 4. I once read on a forum where everyone who mongers on Soi 4 should stay there once. They also mentioned stained walls, old linen, bad plumbing, no remotes. I guess I just took their word for it and never saw them advertise on online travel sites. So I have most recently went by others recommendations.

I think I remember seeing that thread, they made out like it was a right of passage

My favourite comment was "You will probably be charged extra for NOT bringing back a prostitute" :D

Incidentally, after a visit to their MP in the back of the lobby, I had been stucked in the lobby by a heafvy rain a few evenings ago and could observe the people. Most customers seemed released from Jurassic Park. Hey, I am not young either, but those guys look really as taken from a retirement house in a leisure trip, but partially aware of the environment, still talking amongst themselves on old memories (of Nana Hotel?). Was wodenring if some of them were there when it was first opened. LOL.

Nevertheless a regular flow of guests takes place, and the nana park offers a unique no brainer pick up option (especially for those who can't walk too much, LMAO)

I think I remember seeing that thread, they made out like it was a right of passage

My favourite comment was "You will probably be charged extra for NOT bringing back a prostitute" :D

Yes, thats the one Kendo. :D Love that line of being charged for not bringing one back. I thought about that last trip on one rare night I came back to the Maxim Inn empty handed. The young Thai fella behind the counter looked at me strangely as if to say what happened.