Siam Man

Guest Friendly Hotels In Bangkok

2 hours ago, mikel said:

I've stayed at @Mind three times over the years and agree with OTS that the one bedroom is worth the extra. It's a good location although the area has changed dramatically with brand new condo towers dominating the skyline. 

The gym is rubbish. If you're a fitness fan try Muscle Factory (a short cab ride away). The rooftop pool is tiny - maybe two people lazing around is enough. Still big enough to enjoy a ladyboy in though.....

During my last stop (Late 2017) I noticed all new staff in rebranded uniforms and a greater air of professionalism but a decline in charm (also wall to wall Chinese tourists).  Breakfast wasn't as good as previous vusits. I'd stay for a night possibly two and am now looking at Viva Garden in Bang Chak one BTS stop south.

wow nice looking place but so far away from the action

11 minutes ago, grego said:

wow nice looking place but so far away from the action

Sky train station is a 5 minute walk from the hotel - you can probably be at Nana station in 12 or 15 minutes. When you stay on, say, Soi 13 it takes you about that long to get to NEP in a taxi when in traffic. 

If you don't mind the distance you can get some dynamite deals on great hotel rooms the further you get away from lower Sukhumvit. 

Yes I know. I just like being in the middle of it all (soi 4) as it makes me happy. Lol. Also like being able to go back to hotel and snooze and then get back easy to the bars like big dogs 

Wow thanks for the infobomb lads. Yeah its a few stops away but soi 4 in your face everyday does my heading. On Nut will have some ladyboys around surely and theres always tf.

2 hours ago, xcom said:

Wow thanks for the infobomb lads. Yeah its a few stops away but soi 4 in your face everyday does my heading. On Nut will have some ladyboys around surely and theres always tf.

You’ll see the odd ladyboy around. Especially it the food hall in Tesco Lotus and the usual food outlets such as KFC, MacDonald’s and Starbucks.

I do remember a stunning ladyboy having a stall of moblie phone accessories and even took her to lunch. No idea if she’s still there, but was game for it.

As Mikel as said it as changed a bit with the night market getting knocked down and replaced with Condos. I used to spend many a good night starting off there listening to live bands and the food stalls were the best around. It used to attract a lot university gg’s and lbs. 

i know what you mean about Nana being in your face when staying there. It’s good to get away from it and relax.

Edited by OneTrueSaxon

1 hour ago, OneTrueSaxon said:

You’ll see the odd ladyboy around. Especially it the food hall in Tesco Lotus and the usual food outlets such as KFC, MacDonald’s and Starbucks.

I do remember a stunning ladyboy having a stall of moblie phone accessories and even took her to lunch. No idea if she’s still there, but was game for it.

As Mikel as said it as changed a bit with the night market getting knocked down and replaced with Condos. I used to spend many a good night starting off there listening to live bands and the food stalls were the best around. It used to attract a lot university gg’s and lbs. 

i know what you mean about Nana being in your face when staying there. It’s good to get away from it and relax.

Exactly i was in the landmark for nearly 3 weeks and day 12 i wanted out. Thats a shame the Night market would have been good; Being a few train stops away i can explore a bit more instead of being in nana-asoke, or i'll probably come running back  .

Has any BM stayed at the Key Premier hotel in Sukhumvit Soi 7 or at the Sure Stay Plus on Sukhumvit Soi 2?

Joiner fees are hopefully no issue in either place. And both hotels are relatively new afaik. The Sure Stay is a bit more expensive. Location of both hotels is fine IMO. 

But what about the general look and feel, the ladyboy friendliness in particular, pool areas etc.? Are they primarily family hotels or more party hotels?

Any known issues with either hotel?

Which one would you prefer?

I will be in Bangkok dec 23 to dec 28. I'm really struggling to choose a hotel. I've stayed in Galleria 10 before with club benefits which i really liked. This time i'm choosing between Galleria 10, The Landmark, Doubletree (Soi 2) or Adelphi suites. I just can't decide.

What i didnt like with Galleria 10 was the distance to Nana (well 10 minutes walk is not bad, but when being drunk it feels very far), i also didnt like that the elevators was just very near the reception. The less walk of shame effect the better.

Does anyone have any other recommendations? My budget is maximum 6 000 thb per night. I would prefer a hotel with late check out option. My flight from Bangkok is dec 28 very late evening.

Interesting suggestion regarding Residence suites Oliver. Seems very good value for a one bedroom suite. When did you last stay there? As usual contradictory comments on Booking.com. Some say great facilities others say needs renovation. Comments that pool is great others that sun beds hard and some broken. Any thoughts Oliver?

Avoid the Doubletree. They are still renovating and unless you get a renovated room and it nasty with tile floor with shag carpeting on top. Also the hotel smells of paint and other chemicals from the renovation. 

6 hours ago, scot56 said:

Interesting suggestion regarding Residence suites Oliver. Seems very good value for a one bedroom suite. When did you last stay there? As usual contradictory comments on Booking.com. Some say great facilities others say needs renovation. Comments that pool is great others that sun beds hard and some broken. Any thoughts Oliver?

Last time I stayed there was February 2018. There are 2 towers on that property. One is the Radisson Hotel, the other is In Residence. They share the same facilities and are obviously attached at the hip, but I don't know what the exact relationship is. The only problem I ever had there occurred during a previous stay when  a balky key card sometimes didn't function. Needless to say, it was not much fun going down to reception at 4:00 AM while stumbling drunk and having them send up a maintenance guy. I didn't have any problems at all during my most recent stay. Whether the rooms need "renovation" is a personal judgement. The furniture in my rooms was in fine condition, the carpet was not worn, it was well maintained and I have never noticed broken chairs at the pool. 

I always take customer reviews of hotels with a big grain of salt when it comes to critiquing decor. Everybody has their own tastes and I don't care if somebody else hates art deco style furniture or whatever and thinks the hotel needs to get rid of it for the sake of renovation. I take them more seriously when reviews focus on service, property maintenance and cleanliness because to me that's where the rubber really meets the road in assessing hotels. 

You can go to Trip Advisor or other review sites and look up hotels such as the Peninsula in Chicago, the Tokyo Park Hyatt or the Four Seasons in New York -hotels among the finest on the planet - and always come across prissy jackwits stating that the properties "need updating". It proves that some people are so hard to satisfy they will be complaining about the bright lights and noise when they are planted six feet under. The hotel business is a tough racket, for sure. 

I agree Oliver. Comments that focus on maintenance and standards, especially housekeeping, are what is important to me. There are comments on Booking.com about the Sofitel, which I believe is only a few years old, that it needs renovation!

Unamasa, I stayed there a few nights before the pandemic. I choosed this hotel for the location and it´s history. They have serviced the nightlife in Bangkok for many decades. In the evening they had a dedicated desk and personel near the elevators just for managing  joiner guests ID:s. Ladyboys are welcome there. No extra fees. 

5 hours ago, OneTrueSaxon said:

Yeah it’s very much ladyboy friendly.

They probably wouldn’t even bat an eyelid if someone walked in with a goat  (it is close to the Arab area after all) :Rolling___: it’s been an institution for prostitution for nearly 60 years now.

They are probably on a first name basis with the goat and will spend a minute chit chatting and catching up.

10 hours ago, unamasa said:

Probably a totally stupid question but is the Nana Hotel LB friendly? Sure it must be. Anyone got any info about joiner fee etc. Thanks.

If you show up at night with fewer than two ladyboys, they might suggest you find another hotel.

Not that you asked, but few of us stay at the Nana Hotel, because it's a bit of a dump.

On 12/4/2019 at 9:15 PM, pennybridge said:

I will be in Bangkok dec 23 to dec 28. I'm really struggling to choose a hotel. I've stayed in Galleria 10 before with club benefits which i really liked. This time i'm choosing between Galleria 10, The Landmark, Doubletree (Soi 2) or Adelphi suites. I just can't decide.

What i didnt like with Galleria 10 was the distance to Nana (well 10 minutes walk is not bad, but when being drunk it feels very far), i also didnt like that the elevators was just very near the reception. The less walk of shame effect the better.

Does anyone have any other recommendations? My budget is maximum 6 000 thb per night. I would prefer a hotel with late check out option. My flight from Bangkok is dec 28 very late evening.

Eleven, soi 11, no problem with LB 's

I'm there at the moment, stayed many times before, no problem at all

12 hours ago, Bwana_LB said:

If you show up at night with fewer than two ladyboys, they might suggest you find another hotel.

Not that you asked, but few of us stay at the Nana Hotel, because it's a bit of a dump.

LMFAO. Planning on turning up with a lot more than two ladyboys........

12 hours ago, Bwana_LB said:

44 minutes ago, unamasa said:

LMFAO. Planning on turning up with a lot more than two ladyboys........

Seems like a lot of folks who have stayed there say there is nothing wrong with it, that it is a low-end property but a clean one. That said, if the idea is to stay in a hotel within shouting distance of Nana Plaza, there are several nicer options on Soi 4 in the same price range like Lohas or Citrus Suites.