montblanc

Dream Hotel

I stayed at the Dream hotel in Soi 15. Nice boutique hotel. I booked through Agoda.com and paid just less than $90/night on a last minute deal.

It is guest friendly and there was no problem taking 2 LBs back late at night.

I really liked the rooms and breakfast, which was included, was superb. The bed was very comfortable and the rooms are double glazed to keep the noise out.

The roof pool is Ok with plenty sun loungers and the gym was all new and was adequately equipped.

The staffs were friendly and helpful. I will use this place again for sure.

DPP_0003.JPG

DPP_0004.JPG

The room looks good mate.

Specially, the bed is so yummy !

But $ 90 per night is expensive for me.

Do thay have a website ?

Has anyone stayed here in the last year or so and brought back an LB? Thinking about booking it for my next trip.

I ended up emailing and confirming. If anyone else is wondering:

"Dear Mr Seb,

Thank you  for your email,

Please be informed that there would be no extra charges if you bring an overnight guest to your room, no matter if it is a ladyboy.

However, as per policy that guest will have to leave the ID card/Passport at the Front Desk.

Best regards,

SIMON CAZEAU

Duty Manager

10 Soi Sukhumvit 15, Sukhumvit Road,

Klongtoey Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110

T: +66 (0)2 254 8500 Ext. 7116

F: +66 (0)2 254 8534

www.dreamhotels.com"

This is the second hotel that I used as my home from home when working and playing in BKK. I stayed there approx. 12-15 times between 2010-2015.
It is located about 300 metres into Soi 15, from Sukhumvit and they do run a free tuk tuk also, but I never used it.
The hotel is really nice and relaxed and the rooms are very comfortable. 
Its guest friendly and normally after about 00.00 you don't even have to sign visitors in.
Its marketed as a boutique hotel and its USP is that there are blue lights in the rooms, which supposedly assist with sleeping.
If you decide to book here, be aware that there is the main hotel and also the annex across the street. The main hotel is the nicer building and this is where breakfast is served.
Just around the corner there is a sub soi which leads to Soi 19 (there is no Soi 17). There is a good massage place called Cha Cha Massage almost next door to the Dream Hotel on the sub soi. Cha Cha massage is a legit place, so no 'hanky panky' that I am aware of, but it is very good and reasonably priced.
The hotel pool is located on the roof of the annex building and there is also a bar up there, but its not really a 'go to' bar.
The staff were really accommodating there and I never had a complaint.
If you walk to the end of soi 15 (about 700 metres?) you get to the canal and there is a canal boat stop there which you can use to catch a ride up to the palaces and museums etc. I did that a few times and it was a lot of fun.
The reason I stopped staying there is that they raised the rates about THB 3,000, which became too pricey for a 20-25 night stay.
One final tip is that if you walk about 150 metres down soi 15 and reach 7/11 on the left, there is a cutting through the building which leads you to soi 13. Then there is another cutting which takes you to soi 11, so its a great, but not well known short cut.
Cheers
SAG

Thanks for the info here. I’ll be staying there in two weeks so this helps a lot. Especially that tip about the canal. Where do you stay these days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, SebasitenWhim said:

Thanks for the info here. I’ll be staying there in two weeks so this helps a lot. Especially that tip about the canal. Where do you stay these days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there Sebastien

I am now on my fourth hotel which is citadines soi 8. I did a review. It's maybe half a star below S15 and the Dream hotel but I like being on the other side of sukhumvit and as I stay for 3-4 weeks the price difference of approx. 800-1000 per night adds up.

Saying that I still have fond memories of the Dream. You will enjoy your stay there but make sure you are in the main hotel and not the annex across the street.

Cheers

SAG

On 1/18/2019 at 4:39 AM, SAGuy said:

Saying that I still have fond memories of the Dream. You will enjoy your stay there but make sure you are in the main hotel and not the annex across the street.

Cheers

SAG

How can you know that its the main hotel or the annex? do the annex has a different name?

27 minutes ago, phoenix_1982 said:

How can you know that its the main hotel or the annex? do the annex has a different name?

That's the strange thing, both buildings have the same address and so the only way to avoid ending up in the annex is to state upfront that you want to be in the main building.

I have been in the annex once and it wasnt terrible, but the main building is better and this is where breakfast is served, so its more convenient.

Cheers

SAG

1 minute ago, SAGuy said:

That's the strange thing, both buildings have the same address and so the only way to avoid ending up in the annex is to state upfront that you want to be in the main building.

I have been in the annex once and it wasnt terrible, but the main building is better and this is where breakfast is served, so its more convenient.

Cheers

SAG

Thanks mate

Dynasty Grande was my choice of hotel for all my visits over the years. Decided to upgrade to the Landmark last trip as I felt It was becoming a little stale. I took a club corner room. Very good with great facilities.

Even so I think for my next trip I would like to try a another hotel. I was thinking of the Sofitel on Sukhumvit. But reading these posts make me consider Dream. Anyone have an opinion of how they compare?

one new factor for me is the swimming pool. Never in my life was that a consideration for a hotel especially in Bkk, but I went to Pattaya a year ago for a week. Hated the place but went to the pool at my hotel, Areca Lodge, instead of being depressed walking around. Had to by trunks and flip flops, and just enjoyed reading and listening to music at the pool with a few beers.

Landmark had a good pool and Sofitel’s seems good as well. Both are big which avoids having to go down at 8am to secure a bed which is the case with smaller pools. I just like to wander down at Landmark for a few hours after breakfast or after walking around bkk.

my question is, is the pool good and large enough? I would stay at the main Dream hotel and the pool is in the annex across the road. Is that awkward and off putting?

chilling by the pool is what I do for a few hours every day. the November trip I done was too hot and need to cool down.

I wonder if you can night swim at this hotel? my last hotel, the pool shut at 9pm

Just found out that because my flight to bkk arrives around 6am. 
no room till 2pm unless I pay half a day to rent an early check in room. 
that’s not cool, you’d think they’d have your room sorted or make it ready if requested.

3 minutes ago, RadgeArse79 said:

that’s not cool, you’d think they’d have your room sorted or make it ready if requested.

Would you? Where in the world does this? Cos I've never been there. 

2 minutes ago, RadgeArse79 said:

Never had that before anywhere in the world.

Are you expecting a free minibar too? I don't want to be the one that disappoints here but.. 

20 minutes ago, RadgeArse79 said:

Only time you get this is if you are staying at a chain like Marriott or Hilton and you are there highest level of status, they might allow you to check in early. 

1 hour ago, RadgeArse79 said:

People check out at 12 and then they need time to prepare the room. This is pretty standard. Just drop your bags there and go for a meal or a massage.

Rules are : you leave the room at 12, you get in the room at 2pm (see above the reason).

If you are nice, ask very politely, meet the right receptionist and are lucky, sometimes you will get the room at the check-in. It has happened to me a few times.

You absolutely want/need the room at the arrival ? Take the early check-in (if available). Around 50 bucks. May worth it.

21 hours ago, ARI23 said:

Rules are : you leave the room at 12, you get in the room at 2pm (see above the reason).

If you are nice, ask very politely, meet the right receptionist and are lucky, sometimes you will get the room at the check-in. It has happened to me a few times.

You absolutely want/need the room at the arrival ? Take the early check-in (if available). Around 50 bucks. May worth it.

I’d have to take it. 7 hours lurking around after a 11h flight.  That will be hell!

I just stayed there for two nights. It was 78 USD without breakfast. For that amount I would stay again. 

I am sorry now that I didn't know about the canal so close to the hotel. Next time I will try to take a ride. The taxi from BKK airport had a bit of difficulty finding the hotel.

Stayed here at beginning of May, always has been hotel of choice for Bangkok and probably will continue to be as long as I keep coming back. No problem bringing guests back, my friends even brought two at a time with no problem.

I have only ever stayed in main building and have never had complaint about room. Nice and quiet at night and always spacious. 

Interestingly they are rebranding this month to “Night Hotel”. Whoever made that decision is in the wrong business, it makes them sound like a short time hotel, not more classy sort of establishment it actually is.