OneTrueSaxon

OTS's Hotel reviews

No I think it's just a microwave. Unless there was something in the lower cupboards as I've never looked in them. The night market right by the BTS does cheap good food and with Tesco lotus the other side with a big food hall and also your western food outlets like KFC etc.

image.jpg

I only use one bedroom suite. It's microwave, fridge and kettle. 5 min walk tops to bts. Decent restaurant on corner of soi 85. Plenty of food options next to bts. Turn left out of soi 85/ suk and there's a decent street market a short walk away.

Monaco Hotel soi 2 Sukhumvit

Edit: Hotel now called, iCheck Inn hotel

Click http://www.bangkokladyboys.net/forum/index.php?/topic/3627-icheck-inn-citichic-ploenchit-and-nana/page__fromsearch__1

Monaco Hotel is located on Sukhumvit Soi 2, a short walk to the Ploenchit BTS Skytrain and Nana’s nightlife. The hotel offers serviced apartment style rooms and suites, all fitted out with a balcony, kitchenette and beautiful wooden floor. High-tech amenities, such as LCD TVs with cable channels, high-speed Wi-Fi internet access and DVD player, are the standard offering in all room types. The only thing I found not up to scratch was the saftey deposit box as it was to small to hold a 11'9 inch netbook, nevermind a full laptop. I will take the I Pad mini next time. The balcony was rather small too

There’s also an outdoor swimming pool with sundeck, indoor Jacuzzi pool, gym and sauna you can use at the Marriott hotel just up the soi. The hotel provides 24-hour security and golf cart pick-up and drop-off to the main road. I used the golf cart a few times and often phoned them from the end of the soi and Rahj Car park.

All in all I found the staff friendly and willing to help and met the General Manager who gave me some chocolates as I left a really nice lady.

Thanks for the review my friend! I'm glad I booked here now as it looks good, and close to the action + it's reasonably priced!

I hope to see ya in the fall(November) and will be buying you a beer or 2 for sure, for the info(or just because you're my mate 5555)!

Iceberg :)

Thanks for the review my friend! I'm glad I booked here now as it looks good, and close to the action + it's reasonably priced!

I hope to see ya in the fall(November) and will be buying you a beer or 2 for sure, for the info(or just because you're my mate 5555)!

Iceberg :)

You're welcome buddy. If I don't get my usual one bedroom suite in @Mind in On Nut. I would stay there in November too.

See you in November mate

Edited by OneTrueSaxon

Hi how far is it from this hotel to nana plaza?

I have stayed at Citrus 11 before. Walking distance to Nana is about 15-20 minutes up Soi 3, but you are

better off taking a scooter taxi, tuk-tuk etc. The crowds on the sidewalks of Soi 3 can get very heavy.

Same-Same situation if you are going to Check in Bar from the hotel.

Citrus 11 is not inconvenient at all, just a bit further out than some of the other hotels.

Okay thanks I just hope the girls wouldn't mind a bit of walk to the hotel lol

I don't want to use the ST rooms at the plaza.

Can't beat the MS for proximity!!

No I think it's just a microwave. Unless there was something in the lower cupboards as I've never looked in them. The night market right by the BTS does cheap good food and with Tesco lotus the other side with a big food hall and also your western food outlets like KFC etc.

Hotel : 4,000 baht and food from KFC. 55555

Not a fight, but given the atmosphere generated by the OP, I feel authorized to post such comments.

I do feel amazed by the concept of "cheap charlies". It's a kind of snobbery to post that one can afford expensive hotels or drinks in expensive bars with expensive bar fines etc ... But I just point out that the same ones get food that is worse than cheap charlie's food. Yes, I prefer to go and have rest in places with empty beaches in an old hotel and get a room without AC, but I take care not to eat dog food.

I had thought of initiating a thread on the subject, but this pic was such a strong temptation. :)

Not a fight, but given the atmosphere generated by the OP, I feel authorized to post such comments.

I do feel amazed by the concept of "cheap charlies". It's a kind of snobbery to post that one can afford expensive hotels or drinks in expensive bars with expensive bar fines etc ... But I just point out that the same ones get food that is worse than cheap charlie's food. Yes, I prefer to go and have rest in places with empty beaches in an old hotel and get a room without AC, but I take care not to eat dog food.

I had thought of initiating a thread on the subject, but this pic was such a strong temptation. :)

We all have our own brand of snobbery P&G. You're clearly a food snob :)

By the way Citrus is about 1500 baht so a bad choice if you're trying make a point.

I've stayed in the Marriott (5k a night) but have eaten Thai food at roadside food stalls for 40 baht .... is that a better example ?

We all have our own brand of snobbery P&G. You're clearly a food snob :)

By the way Citrus is about 1500 baht so a bad choice if you're trying make a point.

I've stayed in the Marriott (5k a night) but have eaten Thai food at roadside food stalls for 40 baht .... is that a better example ?

Yes, your example is interesting. I criticize getting food at KFC in Thailand, but I also enjoy a good Thai meal at 40 bahts.

I can be both what you call a food snob and a cheap charlie. The amount of baht I spend ain't the criteria.

Yes, I didn't grow up in the anglo saxon culture. I am afraid what you call a food snob is seen differently in other countries, even poor ones. We're people, so we don't eat dog food. I guess that Thai people are also sensible to this point when they observe farangs.

& for some the dog is the food :)

:lol:

The fact there is a KFC is good useful information for some board members. Do you have something useful to contribute as in: where is there a better restaurant that sells fried chicken, closer to the hotel, for less money and open at the same or longer hours? If so then please post it. Maybe some of us will try it and feedback. The nature of this forum is to provide helpful information in a respectful manner. For example, some people will find the info I have posted totally useless, but for other members it may be helpful.

Yes i agree 100% . If one doesnt like kfc thats their choice but as kfc is very popular it is very relevant information . For me i like to be handy to an outlet that provides good coffee & also one that isclose to the bts . So therefore would appreciate that info . I enjoy OTS's hotel reviews as they are quite thorough with regards to information that many bm's seek .

Edited by Boomerang