OneTrueSaxon

OTS's Hotel reviews

Just booked into Citrus suites in soi 13 as my mates office is across the road and have to check out at 5 am as I have an early flight. Same time my mate finishes work and can drive me to the airport

So 2 more review coming up

Citrus Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 13

Its just a short walk down soi 13 from Sukhumvit Road. A quite soi with a 7/11 a minute away from the hotel. Location good for Nana and Soi Cowboy 10/15 minute walk either way. Their is a short cut through the Ambassador Hotel in to soi 11 and agian through soi 11 in to soi 7, then the alley through to soi 5 and bingo your almost at Check Inn

The hotel is a new hotel as it is less than a year old ( opened in October 2012 )

Rooms very modern inc flat screen tv's , remote tablet control at the bed side for lighting air con. A large safe that would fit the biggest of laptops, Massive wardrobe with more draws than it needed. Bathroom as a power shower and a rain shower above. Also like many new hotels you can see it through the glass panel in the bed room. There is also a built in sofa by the window.

All staff are friendly and also friendly to LBS as they were polite and chatted to them. Security guards are all good. One waved Cassanova Kitty in to park her car when she gave me a lift back to the hotel. They even came out with umbrellas for us both of us.

Pool on the roof goes in a U shape. Staff where excellent there. Towels brought over to you the moment you arrive. Nice views of the city.

Free tuk tuk to the end of the soi.

Only a couple of bad points the soi itself is like an alley with a lot of car parks from hotels on soi 11 facing it. The roads a uneven and no pavements for most of it. Best to cut through Ambassador Hotel in to soi 11. The road outside the hotel dips and when the rain comes, it floods very fast and stays around for a while.

The other thing is there is a lot of building work going on behind the hotel. Though with the window shut and all the drink from Check Inn and Darkside meant I never heard a thing.

OVR_1595.jpg

citrus-01.jpg

pic2-facility.jpg

citrus-sukhumvit-13-bangkok_110920120902320448.jpg

012.JPG

005.JPG

@Mind Executive Suites Sukhumvit Soi 85

I have already posted the pictures above a couple of posts earlier the day I arrived. I had meant to do a report on the hotel there and then but with one thing another (drink & LBS mostly) I could not get it done.

Here is a brief outline. After arriving at 9.30 at the airport and I had not made an early room booking. I decided to take the airport link train and change at Phaya Thai BTS to the hotel in On Nut soi 85 It takes about 5 to 8 minutes walk from On Nut BTS to the hotel that is just inside soi 85

To my surprise I could check in to my 1 bed room suite straight away. First thing I noticed was how new things were and how clean it was. The rooms are of good design with a dining table for two at the far end of the room from the balcony Sofa (can be made in to a spare bed) and table with a flat screen tv & dvd player. Kitchen as everything you need including coffee, tea sugar and a kettle. Plus a microwave too. Its as a large refrigerator not a mini bar

There is a balcony with a sink to wash shorts etc after swimming or you can use the balcony to smoke if that's your thing.

Wifi was excellent in both bedroom and lounge room

"two flat screen tv's in one in bedroom and one in Lounge room. The same with Air con which was nice as you could leave lounge on low for breakfast in the morning. Rather than have to wait 10 - 15 minutes for it to cool. I was given two key cards and kept one in the key slot to keep the rooms at a low cool temp.

Bathroom as shower with a rain shower above.

LB friendly as I brought two back on my first night and one back each night after that for the five nights I stayed there.

Location. Well it's pretty far from Nana to walk but 15 mins BTS 37 baht and 70 to 80 baht coming back in a taxi

ROOM AMENITIES

WiFi internet access

Private Balcony

LED TV with satellite channels & DVD player

Microwave oven

Refrigerator

Private deposit box

Individual air conditioning adjustment

In room coffee and tea making facilities

Bathroom with toiletries

Pantry

SAFETY FEATURES

Electronic door locks

Door latch

Fire escape plan

In-room electronic safe

Smoke detector

jacuzzi, fitness room and sauna (Open hour:06.00 – 21.00 hrs.).

Room Service

Business Counter Service : Computer,Photocopying, Scanner,

Facimile, IDD Telephone, E-mail

Shuttle bus service *

24 Hours reception

WiFi internet access

Elevator

Parking space provided - 24 hours service

Security guard 24 hours.

Modern fire safety including heat & smoke detectors

Closed-circuit TV surveillance.

Integrated fired alarm installed smoke detector.

Laundry Service

Swimming Pool

Fitness room Located on top floor, operating hour’s 6.00 – 21.00 hrs.

Sauna room

Hotel telephone system :Please refer to hotel telephone directory, please contact operator for any assistance.

International calls/ Local calls

Reception desk:For check-out arrangements

Safety deposit box : Guests are requested to use the complimentary in-room private electronic safe located in thewardrobe. The hotel is not responsible for any loss of money or valuables. Instructions are provided in the room.

Limousine service :Upon request

Pets:Pets are not allowed in the hotel.

Wake-up call service

Wheelchair

Edited by OneTrueSaxon

Citrus Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 13

Rooms very modern inc flat screen tv's , remote tablet control at the bed side for lighting air con. A large safe that would fit the biggest of laptops, Massive wardrobe with more draws than it needed. Bathroom as a power shower and a rain shower above. Also like many new hotels you can see it through the glass panel in the bed room. There is also a built in sofa by the window.

Pool on the roof goes in a U shape. Staff where excellent there. Towels brought over to you the moment you arrive. Nice views of the city.

Free tuk tuk to the end of the soi.

Looks like a great new find OTS. :clap:Thanks for the comprehensive evaluation.

How much did you pay for her I mean the room. :D Has some great features, big safe, pool Tuk Tuk to end of Soi, and glass shower is right up my alley.

Dawin Nana Hotel soi 4 Bangkok

Another guest their is a 500 baht fee.

It's now a 1000 baht for a second guest, That was last month I was told this after bringing Gift and Chompoo from Guess Bar

It's now a 1000 baht for a second guest, That was last month I was told this after bringing Gift and Chompoo from Guess Bar

@OneTrueSaxon: The first guest still free? Thanks

@OneTrueSaxon: The first guest still free? Thanks

Yea one guest free 1000 baht for a seconded guest

Great Thread. Thanks for all the reviews.

Good to know that there is a place with a kitchen etc.

Be back at @Mind executive suites again in six weeks

Be back at @Mind executive suites again in six weeks

With Mind? or who do you have in Mind? :coffee:

Mind your own business lol.

I didn't think you mind. :tumbleweed:

Apologize if I missed the fitting thread, but there is no comment about Dynasty Inn (not Grande), which is the nearest hotel to Nana Plaza. I didn't stay there yet, but checked the new rooms in the backside. They are nice, well furnished and big enough. Cost about 1,800 - 2,000.-. However, for those who care the walk from the street to the backside building is a quite long one. Anybody with experience, or the link in case I missed the report? Thanks in advance.

It's every time I use the I pad it just won't work.. I need to get back to using the PC

Edited

Just used PC so should work now

Edited by OneTrueSaxon

@Mind Serviced Apartments Sukhumvit soi 85

This will be my next port of call as I have just booked a studio for less than £30.00 a night including that taxes as it was around £27 on a agoda then the add ons take to just under £30.00

I will make a full review once I have stayed

Have you stayed in the Superior or Deluxe Rooms at this property? They are on Agoda now for February for 42 and 46 AUD. The One Bedroom Suite is $62 AUD which is around the price you got I believe. The Deluxe room looks good with seating area and all but says it's only 25 sq meters. I'm wondering how they get all that furniture into that space. In the photo it looks bigger,

How far is the walk to On Nut BTS station?

Have you stayed in the Superior or Deluxe Rooms at this property? They are on Agoda now for February for 42 and 46 AUD. The One Bedroom Suite is $62 AUD which is around the price you got I believe. The Deluxe room looks good with seating area and all but says it's only 25 sq meters. I'm wondering how they get all that furniture into that space. In the photo it looks bigger,

How far is the walk to On Nut BTS station?

No I have not stayed in them as I have always booked a one bedroom suite. But going by the pictures of them they look nice.

The walk is around 4 to 5 minutes from the BTS. Also Tesco lotus is there with a good food hall

In your video I didn't see any cooking facilities in the room besides the Microwave. Did I overlook something? I ended up cooking in the room this last time I stayed in the Aspen Suites. They had two burners and a microwave. It was great for the longer stay.

I like being close to BTS and use it on solo voyages down to Darkside. Then take a taxi for two back from Darkside or Nana.