OneTrueSaxon

OTS's Hotel reviews

Hi Guys,

My first post here..... I'm a memeber on the pattaya sister site.

Thanks for the room pics mate....

And thanks OTS for this thread......Very helpfull :)

Will be staying there (The Dawin Hotel), Mon, Tues, Wed night before heading on to patts.

Cant Wait!!!!

Dan :)

Have a good one Dan :D and lets us know how you got on ?

You have me sold on the Fenix. Going to stay there over a weekend. My thinking is I might be able to take advantage of the Q-Club and Bed Supper Club with a good gurl on one of the nights. That roof top nest looks cool as well. I've been checking out Agoda quite a bit and saw the price reduction to $43 AUS for the time frame I'm looking at. Soi 11 location can be good for late night action as well.

Also looking at the Darwin before or after Fenix Standard $53 and Superior $60. That will give me a better position for some multiple ST's. I'll make sure to bring me swim trunks and request a room close to the pool.

Thanks for the tips quite helpful when browsing agoda to have these reviews to reference back to.

Both are very good and the Dawin is right on Guess Bar/Nana Plaza's doorstep. Though Le Fexix is right down soi 11 across from Q Bar. If you are heading to Nana they do a free tuk tuk to the end of soi by Nana skytrain or you can walk to soi 3 by heading straight out and talking the first left will bring you on to soi 3 then its a left there and along soi 3 to Nana.

map-large.gif

Edited by OneTrueSaxon

OTS, you have me sold on Le Fenix also. Too bad they aren't throwing a little commission your way for your recommendations. I'll be there in 6 days. I can't wait!!!

Cheers Jim and you sold me on Gan soi 10 Lucky Friend Bar Pattaya.

Have a good holiday

I have choose Legacy Express on the corner of soi 1 for my next trip, it looks good and just far enough from Nana for a little stroll there.

Edited by OneTrueSaxon

Nice one(s)!!

On another forum,(Dr.) DaveDuke said this was the place he always stays when in BKK. How is it?

http://www.thekeybangkok.com/

I know it's away from Nana,but I prefer to stay down that end.

I remember Dave posting about this hotel it looks really good and I have thought about the location myself. As when I return from Pattaya I am thinking of staying at Citidines soi 23 but I will have a chat with Dave about this hotel and may stay here.

Nice one for bringing back up

OTS, you have me sold on Le Fenix also. Too bad they aren't throwing a little commission your way for your recommendations. I'll be there in 6 days. I can't wait!!!

I will pm them on facebook LOL

Edited by OneTrueSaxon

The Star Inn soi 7/1 Sukhumvit Bangkok

I stayed her for a couple of nights to get away from Pattaya and to meet back up with a couple mates from Bangkok. I had had my pocket picked on the baht bus in Pattaya of 3000 baht and was going back to Bangkok the next day and was going to book the Dawin. But now had to budget. I remember this hotel more for its food than its rooms.

When you enter you go through the restaurant and the reception is right in the corner by the dangerous lift. I will get to that later. There is a 1000 baht key deposit for the room and you have to keep the reciept safe as to get your money back. Their are no in room safes but there are safety deposit boxes at reception.

Their is about a 10cm drop into the lift. I remember thinking if some one was a bit tippsy they could hurt themselves. To wich i did that very night.

The rooms are very small and old as is the bathroom but I was only paying 799 baht a night standard room and it was a budget hotel. Anyway I have slept in worse places in Bangkok when I was backpacking in 1991.

Overall location spot on food excellent and the hotel itself is very old and shabby looking. Ok if you are on a tight budget or have had 3000 liberated by the baht bus mafia.

better budget option just at the end of the soi called Maxim's Inn and I will get to that an other day.

ps some have mirrored cielings.

Picture is of Dear from Guess Bar highly recommended a smart and funny lady

soi 7 016.jpg

4501312_1_b.jpg

4501312_2_b.jpg

4501312_3_b.jpg

4501312_4_b.jpg

Picture 103.jpg

Picture 104.jpg

Edited by OneTrueSaxon

I remember Dave posting about this hotel it looks really good and I have thought about the location myself. As when I return from Pattaya I am thinking of staying at Citidines soi 23 but I will have a chat with Dave about this hotel and may stay here.

Nice one for bringing back up

Cheers.

I checked it out on a few gg sites,and a lot of people complained about a joiners fee.I can't see D.Duke staying there if this is the case!

Congrats. on the Charity Shield win(and ManU. losing at Everton!)

Keep the reviews coming!!!

Heavan@4 Hotel Sukhumvit soi 4 Nana Bangkok

A lot as already been said about this hotel and posted over all the forums. I first noticed this hotel in June 2010 not long after it opened. I did get to look at a room as a friend had stayed there while I was across the road at the Dawin.

I did get to stay there 8 months later and was impressed with the room I had though a mate had a room without a window. So remember if booking ask for one with a window or upgrade to a balcony.

The hotel itself is a funky design and the rooms are modern with flat screen television. electronic room safe that only uses 3 numbers, most use 4 this confused me after a ST with Sha Sha and could not get my camera out as I thought I had put the numbers in wrong, so got no shots of Sha Sha that night. It also as free WI-FI in the rooms as well as the bar with decent priced beer and spirits.

For the perverts among us you can see into the shower from the bedroom as its a glass wall.

I won't go about the hotel as you can find many reviews but it is guest friendly and no charge.

here is a link to its reviews http://www.bangkokla...ic/893-heaven4/

Edited by OneTrueSaxon

Heaven@4 is a big thumbs up from me. I would strongly recommend getting the balcony room for about $10 more. I think those rooms all have the glass showers and sliding doors to the balcony. The balcony isn't much, just enough rooms for a small table and two chairs. The view is blocked as the balcony itself it enclosed by wooded slats and sheets of plywood. It does provide a refuge for those who smoke so you don't have to go outside. The last thing I want is a ladyboy rushing a performance so she can have a smoke. I found they enjoyed relaxing and having a smoke before.

I've booked them again for my next trip and now the current rates include breakfast. Great value and the location for me is ideal just meters down from Guess Bar and Nana Plaza. I found it especially good for those late flights out where I can store my bags and still have internet access. I was able to base there after checkout and just a short walk to some ST action at Guess Bar before the evening flight.

The staff is very friendly and have no problems with ladyboys. I had to laugh when I heard a guest asking the desk people if I knew she was a ladyboy when I walked out with one after she collected her ID. The idiot couldn't even wait till I cleared out.

Absolutely no complaints about this place, the only ones I have ever heard really were about the windowless rooms.

Janet through the glass shower.

Janet Gate Guess 066.JPG

Smoking Sha Sha on the balcony.

Sasha n Cascaders 013.JPG

Maxim's Inn soi7/1 Sukhumvit Bangkok

I stayed at Maxim's Inn last September, having had a look at the rooms in March that year while I stayed at the Star Inn just a little further up the soi.

For me I found this to be one of the best budget hotels in the area as you can get a room here for less than 1000 baht. The rooms are clean and compact with an LCD television, Kettle with 2 coffee each day, fridge and in room safe big enough to fit a 11'9 netbook in and maybe a full size laptop.

The bathroom was of average size with a good shower pressure and towels plentyful.

The main reason for me staying in this soi is the BTS is just a minute away and when going to catch the bus to Pattaya it very handy.

Also Sweetheart Bar is just across from the hotel and as a few LBS working there.

http://www.bangkokladyboys.net/forum/index.php?/topic/2718-maxims-inn-soi-71/

ps Da can be found in Temptations and Gate at Guess Bar

Picture 018.jpg

Picture 012.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

Picture 010.jpg

Edited by Siam Man

Le Fenix looks good, especially to bring home non p4p LBGFs since it's at a safe distance from Soi 4 and yet not too far. Many thanks for the review OTS. Do they have bum guns there?

I took OTS suggestion on Maxim last Feb and can only confirm it as a good budget hotel option. Especially good for Soi 7/1 options including massage joints, Sweetheart Bar, BTS access. I would stay there again, if warranted but I like to try some new options. I did check the prices at Maxim and they are up about $5 since the time I used them.

As I mentioned before I'm giving LeFenix a go this trip and was wondering about the free entry to Bed Supper Club and Q- Bar. Does that include my guest? I'm assuming so but didn't know if you tried this or if they even had that deal when you stayed there.

As I mentioned before I'm giving LeFenix a go this trip and was wondering about the free entry to Bed Supper Club and Q- Bar. Does that include my guest? I'm assuming so but didn't know if you tried this or if they even had that deal when you stayed there.

The deal Le Fenix as with Q and B&S is just for the persons staying at the hotel. You could try and say your choosen companion is staying with you in the hotel.

Q Bar is strict on not admitting LBS. I went there by myself one night had a couple of drinks and left as it was not really my scene.

Bed and Supper lets in LBS only if they are dressed smart.

The deal was back in February 2009 and I message them on FB each time I am looking for a hotel before my trip and they still have the deal.

I will message them again tonight.

Le Fenix looks good, especially to bring home non p4p LBGFs since it's at a safe distance from Soi 4 and yet not too far. Many thanks for the review OTS. Do they have bum guns there?

It was a while back so I am insure but I don't think they did

Edited by OneTrueSaxon

Merry V Guest House, Soi Rambuttri, Bangkok

This is a guest house just off Phra Athit Road and across from Kho San Road not to be confused with Thanon Rambuttri which runs adjacent to Kho San Road. This was the second place I stayed in Bangkok on my first trip. I for the life of me can not remember the first place as it was booked for 3 days with the travel agent and this was back in June 1991.

For backpackers it is a great place to stay as it is away from the noise of Kho San and close enough to walk home from the bars at night.

Some rooms have aircon and some just a fan. I stayed in a triple room with my 2 mates I was traveling around Thailand with at that time.

From what I remeber they made a good bacon sarnie in the morning and everything was cheap.

In 2008 me and Natcha visited there one afternoon after visiting Sumaru Fort and on our way to Kho San. I nipped in to ask about rooms prices and a single with a fan was 140 baht. It was more out of nostalgia that I revisited and same same for the post here. But if anyone spends up and as very little cash left for the last few nights, then hey you cant beat that price unless your sharing a dorm.

merry v.jpg

merrv 1.jpg

legacy Express 29 Sukhumvit soi 1

I recently stayed here for 3 nights and found this to be a great hotel to stay. The location was the big seller for me when I booked it, as I had seen the hotel from the skytrain on a previous visit and filed it away for the next visit. I arrived via the airport link and skytrain and the hotel is just a few minutes away from Phloen Chit.station.

Booking in was done in rapid time and smiles from reception. Rooms are of a good size and well laid out. Good wifi. Also a 7/11 right next to the hotel to get your toothpaste etc plus thai sim. I will be using the hotel again in February. There is a nice Coffee shop (Cafe) just outside on the left and plenty of food stalls on the left hand side as well as soi 1.

Rooms are a good size and very clean as you would expect from a new hotel. The bed is comfy and not to hard or soft but just right. Shower is a big size but it as no bath again all new and clean and have a new flat screen tv attached to the wall.

Though lots of tourists like to choose to stay near Nana BTS station, personally I feel that Sukhumvit soi 1 area is a better place to stay, as it's near Phloen Chit BTS and just a stroll away from the red light district where there is no one bothering you unlike staying around soi 11 to 3 as that walk you get blocked in unless you move to the other side of the road.

Also if their is a group of you going on to Pattaya or anywhere for that matter they can get you a mini bus that will be there in seconds.

I did not take any photos due to the amount of alcohol I was drinking but took these one of the net.

home.jpg

legacy express bangkok map.jpg

legacy express bangkok review.jpg

legacy-express-bangkok-bangkok_130920100954064049.jpg

Legacy-Express-Bangkok-photos-Room-Hotel-information.JPEG

Edited by OneTrueSaxon

i stayed there too for a few nights rrecently..i chose it for its perfect location too,,,unlike you i was a little dissappointed ,,my room the cupboards wouldnt open properly ,,the shower had mould in the silicone,,,i found reception pretty dopey also,,,,also security guy was a little annoyed that i had an amazonian friend apparently ,,i babbled in thai and she told me he was a little pissed,,,maybe other rooms are better than the one i had so i will give it a 6/10 (if not for the location i would offer 4/10)

i stayed there too for a few nights rrecently..i chose it for its perfect location too,,,unlike you i was a little dissappointed ,,my room the cupboards wouldnt open properly ,,the shower had mould in the silicone,,,i found reception pretty dopey also,,,,also security guy was a little annoyed that i had an amazonian friend apparently ,,i babbled in thai and she told me he was a little pissed,,,maybe other rooms are better than the one i had so i will give it a 6/10 (if not for the location i would offer 4/10)

I noticed in the updates you were in BKK on the 11th November. Sorry to have met you as it was my last night in LOS and was staying down the road at Hotel Solo soi 2.

Seems like you had a bit of a bad stay at Legacy. Sorry to hear that.

Thank you OneTrueSaxon great report. :D

I stayed in Heaven@4 last time around and found it great - location - style - staff etc.

Now I'm putting together my next trip and looking what hotel to book.

So I was wandering, what is your favourite Hotel at this moment around NEP?

Thank you OneTrueSaxon great report. :D

I stayed in Heaven@4 last time around and found it great - location - style - staff etc.

Now I'm putting together my next trip and looking what hotel to book.

So I was wandering, what is your favourite Hotel at this moment around NEP?

It would be Solo Hotel in Sukhumvit soi 2 where I stayed for my last 3 nights on my last trip. It is the next hotel after Aspen suites.

Lb friendly, Pool fast WIFI, and excellent modern rooms. Price around 1600 baht.

I will update the hotel section and my TR when I am back using my pc as I am away from home just using I phone.