We have had pretty lame selection of those little emoticons until KendoUK provided us with these new ones. You can find and use these by clicking on the :) You will see the full selection if you use the arrow right button. I think many of us didn't bother using these so much as the right one didn't exist.

Here are the newest emoticons (In context) courtesy of KendoUK whose IT skills have been a great asset to the forum.

Nice work Kendo :clap: It was so frustrating trying to find one to use, that I never bothered to use any. Would often want to drop one, then when I clicked on our selection realized I saw that one on another forum. Like this forum wasn't worthy of anything more than a generic stock selection.

:soapbox: Not to bad mouth the old ownership :No No Tut Tut: as I realize they had their hands full with the massive growth of the big sister site. Ah, the sister site, you ever notice how many Amy, Mint, Nicki and :em_gay: threads they have? I reckon that's more a by product of being so cumbersome. Every 3 months a 1st time poster would be asking about long mint :Bonkers: and we would hear the same answers we heard a dozen times before. That :Angel: Amy has her own section FFS.

Perhaps we could post some emoticons here that we would like to see added down the track. I'm confident that Kendo can find a way to add some winners. Make sure to check out his outstanding TR :hubbahubba:http://www.bangkokla...__fromsearch__1 Hope he isn't :bondage: on just one certain gurl from Udon. :blush:

Haha, the bulging eyes and tongue out emoticon is perfect for this forum!

Well done KendoUK and Slam Man!

:clap: at last some cool fun stuff :handplant: Yes Slam that other place is AMYfied and NICKIed and it just continues on as well as the regular in-fighting squabbles. Maybe I could bag you and draw 50 posters from there :Bonkers:

I would like to welcome all of our new members.

welcome%20smile.jpg

I've downloaded some more emoticons for everyones enjoyment

:Rolling___: :Camera: :aloser: :Vom: :Yuk:

Including some that our sister site doesn't have. :wank: :wtf: :tumbleweed: :tantrum:

Any chance to get "likes"?

Sometimes I don't necessarily want to reply to a thread but I want to thank the poster.

We had them once upon a time. LULT our old mod said they were part of the problem in the outage? When the site came back online after a lengthy outage we no longer had them.

We could start them again, but those who accumulated a lot would start at ZERO. Our leading "likes" or "rep points" Lbloveroz had around 500 and would start at zero? Not really a true measure if the Johnny come latelys had the most likes. Especially when some of the forums pioneers had several hundred wiped off the board.

I would encourage you to make a post telling the person that you agree or like their post. You can always drop a hand clap emoticon which gets the message across. :clap:

I don't think there is enough pro's in the whole rep point thing to risk ANY outage.

As stated :arrowup: I will be adding some more emoticons now that I 've had my :coffee:

See how this one goes. :a starfish: and this one :explode:

For all you :gay::fuck2: 's

:offtopic2:

:moved:

and these. Just what the :Surgeon:ordered. :Eating::stiffy::Drinker::banghead:

Thats all for now :clap:

Seems we have new "I like" / reputation icons - at least I've never noticed the heart symbol before:

1820796098_newsymbols.jpg.feda45c96ff06d6b614a9068a959d02a.jpg

Had you noticed the new icons already?

Edited by Thanks

Did those new icons / symbols have an effect on the way the members' reputation levels are calculated?

Let's take two examples: @OneTrueSaxon  (OTS) and @flipflops (FF). They are both amongst the most respected members of this forum, yet their reputation status is only "good" - and not excellent or super duper excellent - according to their profile:

IMG_20191207_175501.jpgIMG_20191207_175357.jpg

Cannot be true. Guaranteed. Their rep is faultless I would say.

Thanks Kendo for your explanation!

However I didn't mean the rep points but what it says in the green "community reputation" field.

Just as an example: This is a copy of OTS' community reputation field:

IMG_20191207_235151.jpg.765ddde6cc4b4bdb694727656e70fb57.jpg

Wasn't it something like excellent or very good or something like that before? Same for some other BMs - including you and I. Or am I completely wrong???

16 hours ago, Thanks said:

Thanks Kendo for your explanation!

However I didn't mean the rep points but what it says in the green "community reputation" field.

Just as an example: This is a copy of OTS' community reputation field:

IMG_20191207_235151.jpg.765ddde6cc4b4bdb694727656e70fb57.jpg

Wasn't it something like excellent or very good or something like that before? Same for some other BMs - including you and I. Or am I completely wrong??? emoji770.png

You mean I have a reputation here? oh..let's not go there