tungeteaser

MAXIM'S INN soi 7/1

Hello to all BM's

I've been reading over the board & been thinking for my 8 day stay in BKK to stay in Maxim's Inn.I've understand that it was just renovated, was hoping if anyone has stayed there recently and could advise which room to request to get good wifi, and privacy. any help will be appreciated

Tungeteaser

I just stayed there twice in the last 2 months, and the WiFi is good, and privacy is great. I stayed last in room 303 and previous in room 204 I believe. They are both superior rooms with sofas and are quite comfortable. The only downside for me is dealing with the riff raff on that part of Suk every night going to and from Nana.

I just stayed there twice in the last 2 months, and the WiFi is good, and privacy is great. I stayed last in room 303 and previous in room 204 I believe. They are both superior rooms with sofas and are quite comfortable. The only downside for me is dealing with the riff raff on that part of Suk every night going to and from Nana.

When you come out of soi 7/1 go straight up the sky train steps and then down the other side to avoid them or go down to the left and head down soi 8 and through soi 6 into soi 4. It makes a nice change.

I stayed there in February after hearing some good things on it and the location. I had checked it out from the outside on my previous trip. It's located at the end of the Soi 7/1. 7/1 is a little soi with some beer bars, massage places, and Sweetheart Bar is a stones throw from Maxim. I booked through Agoda at $32 a night for the basic room. I asked for a window facing the soi so I could check out the action. I did get that room, but was hard to see. If I leaned way out I could see the front porch of Sweetheart. Brekkie was nothing fab. Staff was friendly. My room was fine, smallish bathroom, two big comfy chairs, 2 free bottles of water daily, smoking in room ok, free WiFi in rooms. No problems running ladyboyz in and out. Good value for money in my book.

Soi 71 and massage Sukhuimvit 006.JPG

Soi 71 and massage Sukhuimvit 004.JPG

Soi 71 and massage Sukhuimvit 009.JPG

Soi 71 and massage Sukhuimvit 010.JPG

bkk 2012 1 122.JPG

Thai breakfast choice

bkk 2012 1 121.JPG

bkk 2012 1 075.JPG

BKK 2012 Aom and Gie 036.JPG

not so quiet a soi at the best of times but when tequila dragon was running made climax/spice' ee' seem like your grannies front room... the room with the special occasion crockery and the snow under the carpet

I stood there for three nights last may. I booked a "Standard Double Room with window" by email. They asked me to give them a CC-number but I declined this. because I don't like to send my number by an unsecured email. They accept this and still reserved the room . The room rate was 1279 THB/night. The rooms are looking used but they are clean.

Here are some pics:

CIMG1136.JPG

CIMG1137.JPG

CIMG1139.JPG

CIMG1140.JPG

CIMG1138.JPG

Stayed here in August when I had a short visit before heading back to the UK. Stayed in the superior double with window, wouldn't stay in a room without a window for safety reasons. Great place for being back guests although the soi itself can be a bit of mission to walk down at times. Had quite a lot of business to deal with whilst I was there so I had to use Skype a fair bit and the Internet always worked perfectly, will probably stay here again on my return. I quite like the beer bar across the street as they sell old speckled hen, always a plus.

I'm going to be staying most of my time in Bangkok. I am going to be staying at Maxim's inn. I was wondering how safe this hotel is. I would like to keep money in the safe so I can get a favorable exchange rate in the city instead of using my debt card to withdraw funds.

Maxim does have a safe. The hotel is located at the end of Soi 7/1 which is pretty small. It's a short walk to Sukhumvit. If you take a left when hit Sukhumvit you will find Vasu Exchange which offers the best rates I've found.

Maxim used to be pretty good value, but in the last year or so they have raised their rates. I find i Check Inn located directly accross from Maxim to be better value. It's a newer property and is cheaper than Maxim on Agoda booking site. Even cheaper if you book i Check Inn on their website. I just booked 5 nights at i Check Inn on their site for 5,369 baht including taxes. Return customers are upgraded if they book through the site.

I stayed there last November. Myself and another fellow BM and mate(who has used this hotel for a few years now)

I found it was just fine. Aircon worked,safe in room,shower was good,room clean and cleanned daily. New towels and bad changed daily also.

Am using this hotel againthis year. This time I am going for a room on a few floors higher,last year I was on the second floor.