Sign in to follow this  
bighairy

Accor Group Supersale

I just got this notice in my e-mail. The Accor Group, which owns properties worldwide including Thailand, is have their semi-annual supersale and are offering rooms at 50% off. You have to register for their loyalty program, which is easy, and you are good to go. The sale lasts until June 22 (Paris time, I believe) and applies to stays between July 6 and September 2/2012. If those dates work for you, it might be worth a look.

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/promotion/specials/crazyprices.shtml

Just a note for you guys - the sale is on again! You have to book by November 22 for stays between December 15 and February 10. If these dates work for you, it is definitely worth signing up for - Ibis Nana at 870 baht, for example. They also have higher end hotels as well if that suits you.

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/promotion/specials/crazyprices_november.shtml

I was about to post this. I think the Accor group are amazing, especially when the sale is on.

If you guys can get the Accor Grand Sukhumvit, Soi 6 Suk Rd for around 2000 baht.....take it, take it, take it.

Not so sure....here is the email I just got from the grande sukhumvit when I asked about joiner fees......

Dear Mr. John Smith,

Thank you for your enquiry regarding accommodation at the Grand Sukhumvit

Hotel Bangkok Managed By ACCOR!! We are please to inform that we will be

charge for the extra person at THB 1,000.-nett per night (no breakfast) as

hotel policy.

Should you require any further information or any assistance, please do not

hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Sriarpa Rungruang

Reservation Supervisor

Edited by opend00rs

100% BOLLOCKS !!

I think they send this out so as to deter mongers in the hotel.

I have walked in with 3 LBs once and on several occassions, 1s and 2s a couple of times a day. You need to walk past the reception desk to get to the suite rooms and you never get challenged once.

I remember reading about one guy where they tried it.

He asked for them to show him on their ACCOR website, the terms and conditions where you need to pay 1000 baht for another guest to come into your room!!

Its a global chain, so they will NEVER get drawn into saying, "If you want to bring a prostitute into your room, we will charge you 1000 baht".

So are they saying if I came into your room for a beer before going out drinking, they will charge you 1000 baht??? Nonsense.

What the guy did was that he said he will pay the 1000 baht if the hotel manager writes on headed paper with what he was proposing that the guest pay and the reasons behind it. The whole thing was quickly ignored and no joiner fee requested.

They are fecking at it.

Just make sure your reservation is for 2 people and then you will be fine.

Forgot to say, when you check into Grand Suk Hotel, ask if there are any upgrades to the Suite Rooms. I have been to this hotel about 8 times and have been given an upgrade every time. The rooms in the suites are miles better than the standard ones. Well worth the question.