angelo

Place To Eat Around Nanaplaza

hello,

someome can tell me some retaurants or place to eat?

europen dishes as thai dishes but i think thai dishes are very hot!!

in a malls there is a self-services, restaurant?

the prices are cheap or expensive?

thanks for your advices..

Angelo

Hello Angelo!

If you are walking down Soi Nana, walk past Nana plaza 20 meters and you have a restaurant on your left hand side that have good prized western food, (im sorry that I can´t remember the name).

Also If you walk the other way and turn the corner and walk down Sukhumvith one block, you will find Landmark Hotel, they have a pub down stairs with great priced food as well as a good priced buffeé in their restaurant on the reception floor.

Walking further down Sukhumvit, you turn in to Soi 8, where you find a very good indian restaurant in the first block, a great European/American/ Asian restaurant in the bottom on the hotel on the right hand side on the third or forth block and crossing the streat, some really great food in the Stable lodge hotel.

If you instead cross Sukhumvith Road and walk down on the uneven numbered side you will find a great italian restaurant and an Irish-American one as well in the second block. A bit further down you have a Subway shop with great sandwishes on the corner of Soi 7/1, and on the second block from that another Italian restaurant.

Turning in on Soi 7/1 you have a hotel on the right hand side with a great barbeque on their porch, exelent prices and superb food.

+1 for Landmark - I always enjoy the food there (try the pork chops and mashed potato)

in BKK, I mostly eat at the roadside vendors that are all over the place - including on Sukhumvit and Soi Nana

Another recommendation for good, cheap food is Foodland on Soi 5

If you want some more expensive (still decent prices by western standards) places - then try out the many restaurants on Soi 11 (I ate at Zanzibar there recently and it was good)

There are food courts at all the malls - usually quite cheap

You can eat for very little in Thailand - especially if you eat Thai food at no-frills local eateries. If you want western food or a nice setting, then expect to pay more ... but still cheap compared to Europe. Luckily, Thai food is very nice (most Europeans seem to like it) and the cheap, roadside vendors do great food

I like to eat at roadside vendors on Sukhumvit (between Soi 5 and 7) after 2am and watch all the Nana girls go by :D

Hello Angelo!

If you are walking down Soi Nana, walk past Nana plaza 20 meters and you have a restaurant on your left hand side that have good prized western food, (im sorry that I can´t remember the name).

There are actualy 2 western places on the left, the first one is Chequers and the second (better one IMHO) is Jools.

Jools has been one of my regualrs for years since it opened in 1995. The guy who opened it used to be catering manager for Saudi Airlines based in Jeddah and I met him there in 1994 when we were both slung in the same cell together for breaching Suadi booze violations, he then sold it to "Big Dave" Hoyte and moved onto Pattaya where he ran Tahitian Queens II, Delaneys and for the past five years Jamesons not far from Soi 6.

Big Dave and Jools get mentions in Stephen Leather's "Private Dancer", the bar is referred to as "Fatsos" in fact when Stephan wrote the book he was one of the requlars in Jools and the Characters in his novel and their exploits are an amalgamation of things that realy happened amongst the regulars in Jools at that time (I am even in it but I wont mention where). One of the Classic lines in the book is Fatso )Big Dave) talking about "World Aids Day" Go down the Plaza Grab a Katoey and ride it bareback, thats my contribution. I was actualy there the time he came out with that line

Across the street from JW Marriott , I guess that would be Soi 2 and Suk is a large building with shopping. On the street level are several casual

restaurants including Mr. Lee's Kitchen which i like. Go to the lower level there are about 10 more restaurants and a Supermarket, Villa I think.

I also like the Middle Eastern restaurant on the lower level, good authentic, reasonable

I preferred to eat a little down Soi 4 at this place called "Busstop", food was good, but actually it was one of the waitresses who got my attention :rolleyes: , nice place anyway.

Jeez, you guys sound like friggin' Michelin Guide experts. I am a huge fan of the grill-meisters at the entrance to Nana, grab 4-5 chicken or pork sticks with some grilled rice and head in to Big Dogs or the bar opposite for a couple of brews and watch the parade of girls and mongers. They taste delicious, probably shorten your life expectancy and go great with beer......what else could a guy want?

MH21

If you want a great Thai meal, just ask your LB to take you to her favorite place.

2 of my LB friends from Cascade took me for a late dinner after work, it was a street vendor /restaurant on Suk opposite Guess2, excellent meals & so cheap too!

:D

Wow... eat while in BKK

I knew there was something I forgot to do!

well to be fair

I did eat

it just wasn't food

Edited by Up2You

Anyone got a comment on eating at the Black Swan under Asok station. I guess it's between S14 and S16? Had a few drinks in there, quite an authentic look pub. Beautiful waitresses, pity they are gg's :angry: But never eaten there, I see they do roasts, steak and kidney pie etc. tempting after 10 days of rice and noodles.

Anyone got a comment on eating at the Black Swan under Asok station. I guess it's between S14 and S16? Had a few drinks in there, quite an authentic look pub. Beautiful waitresses, pity they are gg's :angry: But never eaten there, I see they do roasts, steak and kidney pie etc. tempting after 10 days of rice and noodles.

I think you should reconsider my BKK diet!

I Joke of course.

Your LB experience out weights me by a kilometer :)

although Cartoon is good for about 4 Kg in a sitting... ohmy.gif

I get so confused by the conversion of KM to KG

If you want a great Thai meal, just ask your LB to take you to her favorite place.

2 of my LB friends from Cascade took me for a late dinner after work, it was a street vendor /restaurant on Suk opposite Guess2, excellent meals & so cheap too!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Jamie,

I know that it may be difficult to comprehend but street side dining in Lower Sukhymvit is "Not Authentic Thia Food" it is Isaan Food. The reason being that most BG's and LB's are from the Isaan area.

The only people I have ever seen eating there are bar workers and punters alike. The reason why they are the bar workers "Favourite Places" is because they don't know anywhere else apart from Soi 4 / Lower Sukhumvit / their room.. They like going there because all their friends go there and if after bar closing time and have not been BF'd there is a chance they may be able to pick up a ST / LT as a freelancer.

Lower Sukhumvit is the area where I have eaten the worse Thai food ever, low quality ingredients, total lack of hygene etc etc, dman I can walk out of my Moo Baan and cross the road to the parking lot of Lotus Express and pick up Thai food ten times better at half the price, but then again I probably know BKK better than any of the Lower Suk bar workers, ease of availability does not equal quality.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Jamie,

I know that it may be difficult to comprehend but street side dining in Lower Sukhymvit is "Not Authentic Thia Food" it is Isaan Food. The reason being that most BG's and LB's are from the Isaan area.

The only people I have ever seen eating there are bar workers and punters alike. The reason why they are the bar workers "Favourite Places" is because they don't know anywhere else apart from Soi 4 / Lower Sukhumvit / their room.. They like going there because all their friends go there and if after bar closing time and have not been BF'd there is a chance they may be able to pick up a ST / LT as a freelancer.

Lower Sukhumvit is the area where I have eaten the worse Thai food ever, low quality ingredients, total lack of hygene etc etc, dman I can walk out of my Moo Baan and cross the road to the parking lot of Lotus Express and pick up Thai food ten times better at half the price, but then again I probably know BKK better than any of the Lower Suk bar workers, ease of availability does not equal quality.

KLW

I don’t know if it just me or other believe the same , but your posts are coming across as aggressive and a little bit rude as of late, are you OK ???

I love street food anywhere in the world never had a stomach upset and even cheap ingredients can be tasty. So guys pull up a plastic stool and enjoy what the locals eat, any restaurant in any country get my ok if you see the people of the restaurant eating their i.e Indian restaurant full of Indians eating is a winner for me. Indian restaurant with pale face white people no thanks

KLW

I don’t know if it just me or other believe the same , but your posts are coming across as aggressive and a little bit rude as of late, are you OK ???

I love street food anywhere in the world never had a stomach upset and even cheap ingredients can be tasty. So guys pull up a plastic stool and enjoy what the locals eat, any restaurant in any country get my ok if you see the people of the restaurant eating their i.e Indian restaurant full of Indians eating is a winner for me. Indian restaurant with pale face white people no thanks

I agree Lotusguy

everywhere i travel i like to try the "street-food"

For me it is like trying the local version of "fast-food"

Its like going to New York & having a Pretzel or Hot-Dog from a street vendor

Also as a general rule if you see a restaurant full of locals the food is usually very good.

I would rather try local street food than go to McD's or KFC etc.

@ KLW maybe as a local you take the street food for granted?

but me as a tourist, i see street food as part of the whole travel experience,

It may not win any "Michelin Star" but its very tasty & satisfying after a hard night of mongering ;)

cheers guys :D

KLW

I don't know if it just me or other believe the same , but your posts are coming across as aggressive and a little bit rude as of late, are you OK ???

Did I say there was anything wrong with street food? NO

Street food served in Lower Suk is Isaan not Thai FACT

There are literaky 1,000's of places to eat street food in BKK that are far superior to what is served up in Lower Sukhumvit. The clue is,

Do you see locals eating in Lower Suk Daytime NO

But I bow down to Jamies superior knowledge, having spent a few nights in BKK, or should I say lower sukhumvit, on his first ever trip to Thailand, he knows a damn sight more than I will ever know having lived here for nearly 20 years.

As such I wont bother posting on this board again, whats the point you all know better than I do.

There are literaky 1,000's of places to eat street food in BKK that are far superior to what is served up in Lower Sukhumvit. The clue is,

But I bow down to Jamies superior knowledge, having spent a few nights in BKK, or should I say lower sukhumvit, on his first ever trip to Thailand, he knows a damn sight more than I will ever know having lived here for nearly 20 years.

As such I wont bother posting on this board again, whats the point you all know better than I do.

Goodbye-ee, goodbye-ee,

Wipe the tear, baby dear, from your eye-ee,

Tho' it's hard to part I know,

I'll be tickled to death to go.

Don't cry-ee, dont sigh-ee,

there's a silver lining in the sky-ee,

Bonsoir, old thing, cheer-i-o, chin, chin,

Nap-poo, toodle-oo, Goodbye-ee.

KWL

Some people brighten up the room when they enter it, and some people brighten up the room when they leave it.

Have a guess

@ KLW i am not claiming to have "superior knowledge" of BKK street food or any other topics regarding BKK or LB's.

I am sharing my thoughts & experiences from my trip, just like everyone else.

Thats the whole point of this forum, encourage everyone to post what they have experienced in BKK , what they like/dislike etc

I respect what you & other BM's have to say & appreciate everyones perspective on all things LB & BKK.

This is after all BKK LB FORUM not ""Wikipedia" :P

cheers

@ KLW i am not claiming to have "superior knowledge" of BKK street food or any other topics regarding BKK or LB's.

I am sharing my thoughts & experiences from my trip, just like everyone else.

Thats the whole point of this forum, encourage everyone to post what they have experienced in BKK , what they like/dislike etc

I respect what you & other BM's have to say & appreciate everyones perspective on all things LB & BKK.

This is after all BKK LB FORUM not ""Wikipedia" :P

cheers

another good web site is sickipedia.org :D

KLW, you said yourself in a previous posting,

"I know this is difficult to comprehend."

Please be patient with us mere mortals that do not have the privilege of living in LOS.

This is supposed to be a fun forum, and I am sure none of these comments and postings are aimed personally, so please do not be affronted by them. Believe me, I received what I thought was a far greater insult than you have just received, to one of my very first postings on the Pattaya forum, so I do understand, at least to some degree, how it can feel.

Your on the ground, local insights, as well as all your other contributions are of value, so please do not be hasty.

Had delicious meat at the restaurant on the 31st. floor of the Landmark --- can look right down in to Nana, too. Nice views without having to stray far from Nana area.