Not wanting to seem like a dumb shit I've wandered around the Forum trying to figure out what all the symbols and terms mean and how to use the Forum. I give up. I admit to being a dumb shit. So, what do all the symbols and decals and buttons mean and how do I manuver around and maximize my use and contributions in the Forum (I've noticed some topics are "pinned" - what's that mean)? What does it mean and how to become a trusted member, advanced member, moderator and other titles besides newbie?

I'm also a member of the LB Pat Forum. I was trying to figure things out and clicked on the little report triangle at the bottom left. Now I have a warning under my listing. Don't know if that did it or what it means.

There has to be someplace where all of this is explained. Can someone light the path for me?

Thanks,

Racken

A very very good post. As you I am an computer idiot and I can never figure out all those features, hell I have a hard time learning how to use my new laptop and I-phone. So please someone, come up with either some very good advise or an extreamly great help page/desk, and make it so a 5 year old can understand it.

Hey guys - we have some sister forums to this one that run the same software

I'll see if I can get an existing guide from them and post it here

If not, LULT will have to get typing :)

RR - PM one of the mods on the other forum. If they see the report was from yourself, they should be able to remove the warning (Moderator LULT is a mod on that forum too)

To pin a thread is to ensure that it always appears at the top of the list of threads for it's sub-section - even as it gets old (by default, threads are listed with those with most recent activity - posts - first). Pinning allows for a particularly god thread (usually with content that is frequently asked for) to be easily found.

Regarding trusted members, please refer to this thread here http://www.bangkokladyboys.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=2 (explains what a trusted member is, how to become one and what the benefits are)

Status such as advanced members etc is an indication of previous contribution by a board member (previous posts, pictures uploaded, trip reports etc)

The moderators job is to ensure that posted content is on-topic and adheres to the rules and ethos of the board. The moderators do have the ability to perform such tasks as - removing posts/threads, merging and splitting threads, editing content, changing member status, creating new forum sub-sections and many others

Thanks bigmick for the info. I'm still in the woods on it (haven't been a babe for a long time). Another question, under your logo there is a box for add this member as a friend and another for pm this member. I've tried to find where and what that is but to no avail. Also, I've seen mention of listings in a private section (don't recall the exact title) and don't understand that. I figured some things might simply fall from the sky after I posted so many times. But, now not sure.

I will continue to explore and try to discover on my own, but it would be helpful if had a thread like a help section to explain all this. I hesitate to bang away on the keys and screw things up. I know I would feel more comfortable about posting if I had better understanding.

Again, thanks.

I give the fuck up. I still can't find how to get the little contact me symbol and the PM symbol by my name. Everybody else I view has it. Not great with computers here. Only thing I can find is on my profile it says:

"This user has not configured their 'About Me' page and has not added a signature to their account yet."

I'll be go to hell if I can find anything about that and it's starting to piss me off. Am I the only person in the world that can't figure out how to configure the "page"? And, if I do, will that give me the little trinkets I crave? I would hope someone could give a bit of guidance here.

Rackenrobbier - you will not see the icons (little pictures) for 'Add as a friend' or 'PM this member' for yourself. This is the case for everyone - and it makes sense if you think about it. Why would you need to send a PM (Private Message) to yourself or add yourself as a friend?

Similarly - I do not see this for myself but I do see it for you and everyone else

Hope this makes sense

Thanks again bigmick. Remember when I started this topic I admitted to being a dumb shit. Well, there you have it. Now that you pointed it out it does make sense, perfect sense. That's why I couldn't grasp it. Guess now I can stop abusing the computer and go back to abusing myself.

Too bad there isn't a simple help link or FAQ link to address all my idiotic questions.

Hi RR,

there are no silly questions here and I can guarantee that if you are asking, there are loads thinking it. So thanks for bringing it out in the forum.

The reason there are no threads to explain all aspects of this software is that the entire "Addicts" forum family (Pattaya Addicts, Bangkok Addicts, Phillipines Addicts, and of course LadyboysPattaya and this forum) went through a MAJOR software change recently. With all things new, there have been upgrades, tweaks and troubleshooting ever since. The software was new to us (Mods) and we were finding out all about it as well. Now that we have navigated ourselves around it now, perhaps you are right, the Mods should consider writing an "ABC" document to guide for BMs to guide themselves around the forum.

Regarding your "Warn" status on LBP site, everyone has this. Its a percentage bar based on what level of warning you are on. No one apart from the Mods can see yours and you cannot see anyone elses. Your warn level is a zero, so no need to worry about it. Basically, if there is a BM who has acted outwith the rules of the forum, but does not merit a ban, then adding a "warn" level to the BMs account is something the Mods can consider. It is very rarely used as almost everyone on the LB sites are acting in a very courteous manner.

This new section won't happen overnight. All Mods do this in their spare time and is unpaid, so we can only squeeze in the odd hour or 3 as and when we get a chance. The first while online is checking new posts for rule compliancy, verifiying new registrations against existing members etc etc so it can be difficult at times to get a new product up quickly. We will certainly get this looked at though.

Thanks again and keep asking questions for clarification

Cheers

LULT

Hello folks

Some good advice given here already. We do have a help section, there is a link to it underneath your name at the top of the forum. Failing that you can click this link and it will take you to it -> http://www.bangkokladyboys.net/forum/index.php?app=core&module=help

I plan to do a visual tutorial soon that will explain stuff like how to upload pictures etc. but 0015 is not the time to start something like that! I will look into doing it over the next couple of days.

In the meantime if there is anything specific you are unsure of please drop me or any of the staff a PM (if you know how!) :D

Hello folks

Some good advice given here already. We do have a help section, there is a link to it underneath your name at the top of the forum. Failing that you can click this link and it will take you to it -> http://www.bangkokla...amp;module=help

I plan to do a visual tutorial soon that will explain stuff like how to upload pictures etc. but 0015 is not the time to start something like that! I will look into doing it over the next couple of days.

In the meantime if there is anything specific you are unsure of please drop me or any of the staff a PM (if you know how!) :D

TT,

Is there a way to have all new topic's and new post sent to your email without having to request it on each new thread?

TT,

Is there a way to have all new topic's and new post sent to your email without having to request it on each new thread?

yes, you can subscribe to a forum (or all of them), then under your preferences you can check a tickbox that offers to send you the forum posts in an email - have a dig around in your email settings under preferences, and you'll find it.

The Help menu puts is clearly:

This board can notify you when a new reply is added to a topic. Many users find this useful to keep up to date on topics without the need to view the board to check for new messages.

There are three ways to subscribe to a topic:

Click the 'Options' menu at the top of a topic, and go to 'Track this topic'

On the posting screen when replying to or creating a topic, check the 'Enable email notification of replies?' checkbox.

From the 'Email Settings' section of your User CP (My Controls) check the 'Enable Email Notification by default?' option, this will automatically subscribe you to any topic that you make a reply to.

Please note that there are four different types of subscriptions:

Immediate Email Notification

This option will send out a notification immediately after a new topic or reply has been made regardless of your activity.

Delayed Emailed Notification

This option will send out a notification if a new topic or reply has been made and you're not active on the board.

Daily Email Digest

This option will send out a daily digest showing all new replies or topics for that day.

Weekly Email Digest

This option will send out a weekly digest showing all new replies or topics for that week.

You are also able to subscribe to each individual forum on the board, to be notified when a new topic is created in that particular forum. To enable this, click 'Forum Options' menu at the top forum you wish to subscribe to, and click the 'Subscribe to this forum' link.

To unsubscribe from any forums or topics that you are subscribed to - just go to the 'Subscriptions' section of 'My Controls' and you can do this from there.

Hello,I am new in this site,so I just check that there is a list of members and some are ladyboys.Is there any posibility to find easily the ladyboys list?I mean to have a contact,I guess that could be a good way,not wasting time,before my soon coming.I usually go the ladyboys bar and check who is available,sometimes I match but not always,so it could help.

Thanks a lot,and I just can say that this site is full of interesting informations.

Cheers.

Hi guys, firstly great site, thanks for all the hard work keeping it up and running. I have a question regarding the search function, which currently requires a minimum of four characters/letters in order to perform a valid search. Is there any thought/desire to lower this to three characters? Basically, there are a lot of LB's whose names are only three characters, there's all this great material on the site, but it becomes impossible to access it. Many times I'll recall some report I've read about a particular LB, but because of the three letter name, my only way of finding that comment is by trawling through the site.

Allowing a three letter search would cut out a lot of the repetitive questions and would allow users more complete access the great repository of information that this website is. However, it would likely also lead to a reduction in chatter as users will less frequently be asking for information about a ladyboy, that they could likely could have found using a three-letter search function.

Anyway, it's really the only thing on this site that I find a little frustrating, interested to know Admin and other users thoughts?

Hi guys, firstly great site, thanks for all the hard work keeping it up and running. I have a question regarding the search function, which currently requires a minimum of four characters/letters in order to perform a valid search. Is there any thought/desire to lower this to three characters? Basically, there are a lot of LB's whose names are only three characters, there's all this great material on the site, but it becomes impossible to access it. Many times I'll recall some report I've read about a particular LB, but because of the three letter name, my only way of finding that comment is by trawling through the site.

Allowing a three letter search would cut out a lot of the repetitive questions and would allow users more complete access the great repository of information that this website is. However, it would likely also lead to a reduction in chatter as users will less frequently be asking for information about a ladyboy, that they could likely could have found using a three-letter search function.

Anyway, it's really the only thing on this site that I find a little frustrating, interested to know Admin and other users thoughts?

In the upper corner right, you have a button saying "follow this topic". You can use it to be warned when a new post is added.

I reckon I loose sight of topics (particularly in the sister forum where they chat too much or off topic ). I used a trick in badoo : I opened a word document in my PC and use it to store the URLs of the pages I want to visit. I can use my own classification then.

Yep, that would work, very organised of you sir, I take my hat off. Unfortunately at the time of reading a comment or article, I'm not at that time sure I'm going to want to come back and find it later.

Is there a way to post on the community calendar?

https://www.bangkokladyboys.net/forum/index.php?/calendar/1-community-calendar/2020/4/

For example if any of the lb bars organises a special party it would be great if one could somehow mark the date on the calendar.

Or for the dry (alcohol ban) days...

Or for the end of the lockdown...

For obvious reasons it's not an urgent matter for now...