philfr

Want To Impress Your Cutie?

If you are in BKK, and want to impress your babe...Just try the best panorama in town (well on my taste, might be an other place for an other forum member...)... Just try the Moon bar on top of Banyan tree hotel... It is the place to be to make your LB feel very gifted to have you...(At least worked for me...

Cheers all

Phil

Yes, and at the same time it will cost you a bomb.

Just take them to the restaurant under the Landmark hotel on the Sukhumwit.

Name of the bar/restaurant is the huntsman.

Have live music about 9´clock with a very goood philly band.

Food is usually very good.

Also, on the recommendations of T.T., I went to Lebua Towers Sky Bar (called Breeze).

64th floor of a 5 star hotel. Probably the nicest place Ive sipped a mojito (at 550 baht each, I was most definitely sipping)

Money aside, the views were outstanding.

And a couple of LBs up there who were there. One clearly looking for 'company', but just a coincidence as her LB mate was with her boyfriend.

Yeah, I also had a wee look at both Vertigo and Sorrocco, both very nice venues and quite expensive, even for us farang. That all being said, looks like it best to take note of a few things before you venture there.

A) The weather conditions..... You'll not have a nice meal under the stars if inclement weather is on the go (rooftop closed)

B) Book in advance, either by phone or online..... Surprisingly both are popular and get full quickly.

C) Be very ready for a hefty check-bin for either chosen rooftop dining!!!! (as previously stated in the thread)

All that being said, it really does look like a magnificent place to take a chick, LB, your friends or mum and dad for that matter. I didnt do it this time, but I very well might do next visit..... Even if it's just for the experience.

All the best lads

Jacko

most Thai LBs working in bar will not be impressed by a fancy restaurant - especially if it's western-style.

They'd rather the money went to them than somebody they already see as rich

For food, they're more than happy to get simple Thai fare from a streetside vendor

Many LBs have confirmed this to me

By all means, splash out on yourself if this is what you fancy but don't think it'll make your Tai LB "date" any more grateful. If anything, she'll take you for an even bigger sucker with waaaaay too much money

I have to agree with you all the way around Mick. I learned this way back in my early days. I took a lb (who later achieved star status) from BKK to Patts for a weekend. Shows you how much of a rookie I was bringing my own to Patts. anyway I took her to that Hard Rock Cafe and when I saw the menu I realised the prices where higher than Hard Rocks in some Western locations. Anyway i looked at her and could tell she wasn't thrilled so we finished a drink and didn't order. I told her to pick any place she wanted. We went to this Thai resteraunt not far away. It was fantastic and so much food, and most of all she was happy as.

Since I have always let them pick the wherever they wanted pretty much and never get taken from some overpriced grub. Seems like whenever I devaite from this and try some western place I always leave hungry or angry that I spent to much. The only thing I miss is the occasional Pizza. I quickly learned not to eat at Pizza Hut or Pizza Company. They are over priced, bad service, and just not that good. Found a place on Patpong II called Marco Polo's which is open 24/7. It offers a great veiw as barworkers walk by. At 2 A.M. it gets real interesting. you can get Tiger Beers for 60 baht and Heinekens for 70 baht. Its right across the street from Kings Garden and next to foodland. whereever their is Foodland near pay for play areas you know there is ladyboys. A new bar was just going up near the alley that goes to Patpong I.

Thai and Western dishes alike. May not impress a ladyboy you bring but good place to go when hunting in that area. You could literally sit there all night and real them in with some eye contact.

IMG_0162.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG

Slam Man,

Thanks for all the information you post over here on the Bangkok forum. I know a little about Patts and nothing about BKK so places like this, marco polo, that I might have passed by I will now recognize and go in. And I hope that this piece of info will come in handy "whereever their is Foodland near pay for play areas you know there is ladyboys."

Thanks

Found a place on Patpong II called Marco Polo's which is open 24/7.

Thanks for the pizza recommendation.

I don't miss much from the old world, but haven't found a pizza in Thailand worth going back for after two years of looking.

Will give Marco Polo's a try...

Bad news -- took a walk around Patpong last night, and it looks like Marco Polo's has ceased to be.

The quest for a decent pizza in Bangkok continues...

Bad news -- took a walk around Patpong last night, and it looks like Marco Polo's has ceased to be.

Nooooo!

What is there now? and what is across the street from there at that corner across from Kings Garden and Marocos. Was supposed to be a new bar.

Cheers

If I got the location correct, it's now a restaurant called 'Thai 24.' When I was there, they had a pig on a spit out front, and were selling portions for 150 THB.

I do believe there's a bar on the other corner you mentioned, but I don't recall the name, and it'll probably be quite some time before I wander into Patpong again.

If I got the location correct, it's now a restaurant called 'Thai 24.' When I was there, they had a pig on a spit out front, and were selling portions for 150 THB.

I do believe there's a bar on the other corner you mentioned, but I don't recall the name, and it'll probably be quite some time before I wander into Patpong again.

You never know. Plus if you ever need a bottle of wine or booze Foodland ignores liscensing guidelines and will sell it 24/7, so if your in need for a bottle for you and your cutie after hours you can count on the trusty Foodland.

In two years of living here, I've only been to Patpong 4 times. And I wouldn't have gone the other night, except I was willing to give the pizza joint a try.

Seeing the night market the other night, just reminded me how much I dislike Patpong.

But if I do find myself there again, I'll try to get the bar's name for you.

Foodland Patpong sells Cuban white and amber rum, but not Cuban black rum (aged 7 years). For me, that's reason enough to stay around Nana...

08172009099.jpg

Best Pizza for Home Dleivery has to be Scoozi

best Pizza in Patpong is Madrid Bar, which also rents out rooms Short Time.

Best Pizza Restaurant chain Pan Pan Pizzas

You never know. Plus if you ever need a bottle of wine or booze Foodland ignores liscensing guidelines and will sell it 24/7, so if your in need for a bottle for you and your cutie after hours you can count on the trusty Foodland.

Haha this is true Siam Man,

I frequently enjoy the 'diner' found inside Foodland just off Sukhumvit Soi 6 (IIRC). Great Thai food (I rarely order Western food outside a 5 Star hotel or Mall, and I don't take LBs (or any other type of P4P girls) there when I do because I'm either savoring it alone or with western colleagues.

And yes, the helpful manager who takes your order at Foodland will offer you a beer while standing in front of the sign that denotes the ridiculous licensing hours most other countries have long since abandoned.wink.gif

as a chef for over 30 years, and living in BKK for close to 20, i have seen the pizza industry evolve here. (my last job in USA was 5 years spent as Exec Chef in an Italian Restaurant that made close to 500 pizzas a day including all the other menu items we turned out.)

in the early years here in BKK the cheese was absolute processed shite, the sauces were thick and overly sweet and the doughs were tough and also too thick (usually a raw uncooked center). now they have many wood-fired ovens, great stringy cheeses and the sauces are made more to farang taste (not the chain stores), with good fresh toppings and meats.

seeing as everyone has their favorite pizza place i guess i will list mine too.

• on Soi 4 across from the Raja Hotel and Mansions parking lot (1 minute walk from NEP) you will see a small restaurant called the Big Bull. there is a pizza oven out front. if you like thin and crispy with the sauce not too sweet, fresh toppings and good cheese this is the place (Swiss owned). i usually go in, order an eggplant, caper, black olive and mushroom pie and ask them to walk across the street to Guess and deliver it. 20 minutes later i am in pizza haven.
  • the lobby restaurant at the Intercontinental (under the Chitlom BTS station) also has a good pie.
  • and if you are in the Silom area try the up-scale restaurant on Soi Sala Daeng, Zannotti's. they make a great Parma Ham Pizza. they are also branching out in collaboration with S & P Corp: http://www.zanottigroup.com/piz_zanotti2.html
  • when on Suk Soi 7/1 try Mario's. one of the oldest pizza shops in BKK. slow, but good.
  • and Suk 31 one has Bella Napoli (great anchovies in this place if you like that).

and this place was great but was never appreciated, so i think it is now gone (tel numbers are out of order). they truly replicated NY style pizza better than anyone. Ronny on Soi 4 approaches the mark but IMHO falls a bit short.

29928_129744843704722_100000076224491_350732_4222229_n.jpg

Edited by bkkladyboy