Trenton42

For a Limited Time...

The Nana Group (owners of Billboard, Anglewitch, DC-10, Las Vegas, and Nana (Liquid) Disco (arguably the best run bars on Soi 4)) is currently offering a VIP card entitling the holders to a 20% discount (not including barfines and ladydrinks) at the above mention venues.

To receive your card, just go to the Nana (Liquid) Disco entrance in the Nana Hotel. Just to the right of the entrance into the disco, there’s a table with a register to enter one’s name, telephone number (not required) and email addy. Once the information is entered in the register, the girls will hand over the VIP card. Easy peasy.

Last night my check bin was 1,200 THB at DC-10 and 2,500 THB at Billboard. The 20% discount was a nice touch.

Nice info there mate. Thanks for sharing.

I must admit, this is the first time in a long time where I've heard a positive promotion with little to no catch on the deal from Thailand.

The norm is to raise the prices to increase profits (as opposed to marketing promo's and discount deals such as this).

Don't forget your 20% discount card from hillary group. Hillary 1,2,3...Morning Night, Climax, Ball in hand...and possibly that karaoke bar close to Guess....but watch your change in there. Mind you even with 20% off its still not a bargain beer outfit.

I must admit, this is the first time in a long time where I've heard a positive promotion with little to no catch on the deal from Thailand.

The norm is to raise the prices to increase profits (as opposed to marketing promo's and discount deals such as this).

True dat. But I think it's a win-win situation for the bar and guys living here.

I don't mind not getting the discount on BFs, but I think the may be taking the piss for not giving the discount on the watered down tequila they serve as LDs.

JUST SAY "NO" TO TEQUILA LDs!!!

Don't forget your 20% discount card from hillary group. Hillary 1,2,3...Morning Night, Climax, Ball in hand...and possibly that karaoke bar close to Guess....but watch your change in there. Mind you even with 20% off its still not a bargain beer outfit.

Yeah, the problem with Hillary group isn’t just the change; they do a brisk business padding the bin as well.

But don’t feel too bad, the staff also does good business stealing from the owners. That’s why they keep moving around their mamasans so much.

BTW, that karaoke bar is indeed part of the Hillary Group, as is the new bar that just opened across the parking lot near Tequila Pub. Had a drink there last night. The mamasan (Joy) showed up at my table with a drink and put her chit in my bin. You should have seen the look on her face when I took it out and handed it back to her.

I think my days of going to Hillary Group bars is pretty much over.

Used to go to the Hillary Bars a lot, mainly because of the pool playing regulars in Bangkok, and to be fair, with the exclusion of the Karaoke bar, who tried the 500 baht short change shuffle on me, Ive been treated fairly in the others. Probably because of my history as a customer and I also always tip the serving girls, who rack the tables every night. I give a girl a hundred baht every night I'm there, because they work hard and then they look after me, get me served, push my name on the tables. But I know they do try it on with a lot of punters, but same as most bars in Soi 4, because the clientele are just passing through and pissed up. For me, and again because I've used it a lot the bar that gets my "Customer Service award' is Strikers Bar. Often the management have given out free shots, and not cheap ones to their regulars, which gets reciprocated of course and on many occasions someones come along and have taken all the pool slips out my bin and dumped them. Its not a great bit of money, but little things like that ensure regular customers come back.