Siam Man

Which online travel agency do you use for hotels in Thailand

Nice one mate. I hope to use it in the future

This one ends in two days, but I'm sure they will have more. I wanted to book some rooms on my November trip, but I haven't got confirmation from work who is funding my ticket through Singapore and then I will pay for the return to Singapore. If it falls through then I would loose out the money I paid for the rooms.

I still wonder what happened to Tim and his forum/agency.

I still wonder what happened to Tim and his forum/agency.

I was wondering that myself. Just hope everything is ok for him.

I was wondering that myself. Just hope everything is ok for him.

Me too. I'm getting a different message "database error" which means it could be something temporary. Let's hope.

I have used both Agoda and Hotels.com, in combination with TripAdvisor.com (for customer feedback).

Originally, I used Agoda most often. Now, I use Hotels.com more frequently because its reward program gives me a free night after every 10 nights of reservations. Since I am U.S. based and sometimes travel for business purposes, this allows me to earn rewards while on business, then cash them in when on pleasure. The value of the reward is based on the average rate paid over the 10 reservations.

Usually there is no problem with cancellations not made at the 11th hour, but that varies by hotel.

Do you get good as good rates as Agoda for Thailand with Hotels.com too?

I've mainly used Agoda, but for my coming trip I found that I was able to book directly with the hotels (Page 10 in Pattaya, Majestic Grande in BKK) at rates better than Agoda. Agoda's rates look better at first blush, until you realize that they don't include taxes and other "fees." The hotel websites do include those fees and taxes, and in these two cases I did better by booking directly.

Yeah ,,,seems to vary where one can find the best deal really ,,just have to search , compare , search , compare ,,,making sure you are comparing apples with apples ( i,e taxes ,inclusions,type of room etc etc). ..one favourite of mine and many others if looking for good deals is to work out what hotels are the "mystery hotels" on various sites,,,,after some detective work you should get high 90's percent picking them accurately and sometimes people share on forums which mystery deal is what hotel as they have already booked ... I actually really enjoy sniffing out the best deals ,hence put a fair bit of time into it ...:)

I find that going directly to the hotels website is usually the cheapest option where you get the best deal

Good if you know where you want to stay. I find some the hotel sites pretty difficult to find info or even a phone number. It may also be better to deal with them on amendments and cancellations.

That said I recently had to move back an Agoda booking by one day. When I tried to do it online it reflected a no cancellation policy. so I called their 24/7 help line in Australia and they made the call to the hotel who didn't answer. They told me they would get back to me with an answer within 48 hours. The next morning I had an amendment of dates confirmation in my mailbox. Was happy with that.

As far as the points you accrue for money through Agoda, it has taken me quite a while to get a discount. You have to get 12,500 points to get a discount of $25 USD. I wouldn't use Agoda just to get points. Points don't get added until after your stay.