http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9aHStwR0Dk

This is a piece that 60 minutes did on medical tourism in 2005. It highlights Thailand and India's booming business and surely holds true today. Case in point, a mate of mine took his young girlfriend to Thailand last year to get implants.. They got a holiday for two and her bolt-ons for under the price they would have paid in Australia.

Same holds true for Dental. I saw a current affairs news magazine show back in 2005 on Dental Care. I took down the websites and booked an appointment at Bangkok International Dental Clinic. They had all there prices listed on the site and noted just like the show did that all their Dentist are trained overseas and speak English. I easily saved the cost of my trip and opted for Gold Crowns. It was such a huge savings, and I would have never have been able to get an appointment as easily as I did with them versus Oz.

In 2009 I went to a regular neighborhood dentist with a ladyboy and it was even substantially cheaper than the International clinic. My upcoming trip I'm going to try to find that same dentist. She spoke good English and was a nice looking Thai woman with small caring hands.

I would recommend both, but note that BIDC is more expensive because of who they cater to and the overhead. They are in a huge pristine building.

Edited by Slam Man

I had my gastric bypass and my teeth done in India , and had a nose job done in Bangkok in August , great service in both countries saved a lot of money and felt in good hands , have to say India is a dump, walked around for hours the poverty in India is heartbreaking.

You can look after your children , you can look after your wife and girlfriend you can look after your mates and family , but you should look after the most important person in your life , YOU , yes you .. Hansom man , easy to forget to look after yourself , get checked by your doctor , get a few blood test , check your weight , check your blood pressure , you Like ladyboy cock up your arse , so what the big deal,in getting your prostate checked , come on let's look after ourself ;-)

Now don't drink to much.....

Were is the wine :-)

Edited by lotusguy

I remember reading a great article about Medical Tourism in Time Magazine a few years ago.

A few things that stuck in my head about Thailand in the article were:

• Rooms are like hotels
  • The doctor gives you personal attention, unlike in the USA
  • People felt they were better taken care of there than any hospital in the USA.

I have been using the Soi 49 (Suk) since '02. Check-ups, fillings, crowns etc. In '04 they replaced two gold crowns put in in 1972. They gave me they old ones. Stolen from my checked luggage during a Chicago TSA inspection (BKK>MIA).

Cosmetic eye surgery in '03 at Yanhee. My wife had a full facial there in '07. Excellent recommendation from us. But, I suspect from Miami, Costa Rica would have been even cheaper.

I would have had my '05 radical prostatectomy in BKK (probably at BNH, where all my lab work is done) had not the frequency of prostate cancer and operations been so low in SE Asia. I opted for experience and had it done by a Miami urologist who was working on his 1400th or so. Ugly nurses, uncaring attitude, and both longs clogged with pulmonary embolisms. The crash cart and a strong heart from bicycling saved me, but BNH would have been the wiser choice! Perhaps even would have saved me from radiation :o in '07.