Apple the computer, not the bird. Skype is great for intercontinental chatting, saves me lots on phone bills. But has anybody used alternative systems. Looking specifically that are Mac compliant, and can facilitate Mac to PC video communication. Cheers.

Both Yahoo Messenger and Microsoft Messenger have versions that allow audio and video chats across platforms. I prefer Skype to either, though.

There are commercial applications that are better, but they are pricey. I use Cisco Telepresence Movi for work-related videoconferencing.

Im a apple boy all the the way , been dyslexic I love the idea of go here for everything , with android I find it to hard to work , Skype for me going to try FaceTime on iPad soon but skype does the job well enought and like most I save $$$$ rather than big phone bills

On 12/6/2011 at 7:39 PM, Two Shots said:

Apple the computer, not the bird. Skype is great for intercontinental chatting, saves me lots on phone bills. But has anybody used alternative systems. Looking specifically that are Mac compliant, and can facilitate Mac to PC video communication. Cheers.

I'm a happy mac user of WhatsApp. Encrypted connections are a must for me and WhatsApp seems to be reliable on the phone and desktop. The only caveat is that I tend to contact the same group of people and we're all on the App already.

11 hours ago, LBLover6969 said:

I'm a happy mac user of WhatsApp. Encrypted connections are a must for me and WhatsApp seems to be reliable on the phone and desktop. The only caveat is that I tend to contact the same group of people and we're all on the App already.

No, end-to-end encryption does not prevent Facebook from accessing WhatsApp chats

Just because WhatsApp is end to end encrypted doesn't mean it is the end all be all.

Metadata: Story Of How Whatsapp And Other Chat Apps Collect Data

WhatsApp is still collecting metadata and feeding it to Facebook.

"Whatsapp can collect data when, where, and with whom you communicate"

"Besides this, they collect information about your OS, browser information (think your search history on synced devices!), IP address, mobile network data, and phone number. And if they can’t obtain your phone number, they’ll obtain it when people message you, since WhatsApp has access to your friends’ activity data as well."

On 8/10/2020 at 3:45 AM, 8V6RHd89DgJCMutgOOsv said:

No, end-to-end encryption does not prevent Facebook from accessing WhatsApp chats

Just because WhatsApp is end to end encrypted doesn't mean it is the end all be all.

Metadata: Story Of How Whatsapp And Other Chat Apps Collect Data

WhatsApp is still collecting metadata and feeding it to Facebook.

"Whatsapp can collect data when, where, and with whom you communicate"

"Besides this, they collect information about your OS, browser information (think your search history on synced devices!), IP address, mobile network data, and phone number. And if they can’t obtain your phone number, they’ll obtain it when people message you, since WhatsApp has access to your friends’ activity data as well."

Shit - that's what you get for not keeping up with product information. I should have reviewed the WhatsApp conditions since FB took over.

Thanks for this 8V6RHd89DgJCMutgOOsv, much appreciated wake-up call!