Bangkok Ladyboys Forum
lowrider

Unsafe Areas?

I've been to LOS a plethora of times and (knock on wood), thusfar I have never had any problems with any of the freelancer ladyboys. I think that just like anywhere else, if you keep a (mostly) clear head and don't get so sloshed up that you don't know what you are doing, and exercising basic precautions before heading out on the hunt, you'll be ok.

it was a joke. I live in Dublin too

Generally, in Thailand, the scams are financial/performance related and very rarely involve unsafe situations. I'd like to know why OP wants a freelancer? Is it to save money?

there are good and bad freelancers in all areas. Advantage of barfining is you know where a girl works - although it is not a guarantee of performance or not being a thief, I'd say it's safer. Read the forums and see which girls (from bar or street) have a good rep and try one of them.

As far as I am concerned, just use your big head rather than your small head.

If it feels bad just back off and try somewhere else, there are times when you need to listen to that little voice in the back of your head and run!!

Common sense is a marvelous thing, try it!

Ive spent many a drunken and sober time in small hours of Bangkok for various reasons trying to find my way home from some parties I had been at.

Ive never felt in any danger.

Common Sense prevails with all of SE Asia.

There are no 'no go' areas that can be mentioned (especially around the touristy areas).

Obviously, if you are in a predominantly Thai area (With few farangs) and there is a late night drunken Karaoke session going on with Thai men outside.....my instincts would try and steer me away from them. Things like this are unpredictable. But this is not just BKK, its everywhere is SE Asia.

Have heard that some of the Sois near Victory monument are dodgy.

My LB friend has been condo hunting for us in BKK recently and viewed one near here. Said it was very nice but she thought the side sois were dangerous.

If she's worried then I bloody well am lol

Lower Sukhumwit is surprising safe, but there are a couple gangs of LB pickpockets that roam from Soi 11 to Asoke.

Turns out they have two ways of robbing tourists: one is to surround a poor tourist, go through his pockets, and then leg it down a soi, and the other is hang out in choke-point (like where the sidewalk narrows because of the SkyTrain steps) where one will flash her tits, and another will bump and grab.

I used to walk through the area a couple times a week going from NEP to SC, and I’m a big guy too! But the hassles became so tiresome, I cross the street and walk on the even side.

Last year I was walking up soi 23 towards soi Cowboy late one night when a ladyboy began to manuever towards me, looking like she wanted to try and pick my pocket or some such nonsense. The girl that was with me, but walking behind me, came to my side and the LB backed off. I felt that had I been alone, there would have been some type of incident. Usually its single drunk men that run into trouble. I suggest taking taxis from place to place if you intend to go fron one area to another late at night. Otherwise, I feel safe in the main entertainment areas in BKK, even "afterhours".

I would like to pick up a ladyboy freelancer, is there anywhere i should avoid?

I think the best place in BKK for ladyboys is the mall. Its a true challenge to meet and pick up a ladyboy that is not really "on the game".

Next to that, try the Nana plaza area, or Nana as the bars are closing, and the girls that havent been barfined are on their way home, and might be available at a discount. Otherwise, try some of the afterhours sidewalk bars along sukhumvit, starting around soi 4 or 5. You cant miss them. Its a fun late night vibe out there on the street. It is BKK and ladyboys might be found anywhere, I think the better question is "what ladyboys should I avoid"? You have to be cautious with FLs, and try to get to know them first, before going to your place, or their place. Try buying a drink for one, before you ask her to go with you, to give you a chance to get to know her a bit first. There are endless stories out there about run ins with free lancers. You have to understand, many freelancers have behavior problems that make it so they cant handle working in a regular go-go or beer bar. The only free lance situation I ever did, was with a girl from Cascades that I had drank with earlier, and I grabbed her at closing time leaving Nana plaza.

Guest Shibuya

You are fine (within reason) around the established nightlife areas. But or gods sake dont get cocky and go to Lumphini park at night or Victory Monument. That's really for Thai's only and you can get yourself in a world of bother there.

You are fine (within reason) around the established nightlife areas. But or gods sake dont get cocky and go to Lumphini park at night or Victory Monument. That's really for Thai's only and you can get yourself in a world of bother there.

Nice to have a man on the ground to advise

Guest Shibuya

If anyone ever suggests going to Lumphini at night to pick up lb's because its 'cheap' punch them in the face and run away.

that place is certainly not for us.

Been there many a time at night and never had any bother or saw anything untoward for that matter. Even the Tuk Tuk driver was ok taking me back to Nana. (100 baht)

I don't know where this is , yet, but its good to have another BM's opinion. Sadly all that I have seen of BKK in the lower Suk area as I am usually off to Patts or Bucket after a day or two.

I haven't even seen Patpong yet sad.gif

If anyone ever suggests going to Lumphini at night to pick up lb's because its 'cheap' punch them in the face and run away.

that place is certainly not for us.

It all depends *where* in Lumpini; the Night Market, area around the boxing arena, and quite a few bars/restaurants are okay, but the deep dark corners of Lumpini Park are quite a different matter...

I have lived in Bangkok now for 4 months, before this I have travelled here and played here for over 10yrs, i have never heard scare mongering like it! I walk between Asok/33/NEP many times at all hours and have never had a problem! I am not saying here that anyone is not telling the truth, you just must have been very unlucky. I have never seen gangs of ladyboys on sukhumvit, I have seen issues in NANA and outside but thats it. I have never been to Lumphini, but I have had evenings out with people down Victory Monument, Saphan Kwai, Phahonyothin and Ratchada and also never had a problem, one or two young Thais can give you some looks, but I have never been there without a thai with me so maybe thats why I feel its ok.

Anyway, All I am saying is that down Sukhumvit you should feel very safe and use your judgement as to who ever you take home, freelancer, bargirl or even office girl, ladyboy or GG, farang or Thai, they can all be bunny boilers!

Leave Soi Cowboy after 12:30 or so, and have a look between Asoke and Soi 11. The LB pickpockets were there last week, and I'm confident they'll be there this week.

I'll be at NEP on Wednesday if you need someone to show you.

I usually stay in soi 21 when in BKK. I have walked from the nana and surrounding areas along the odd numbered side of suk road many times on my own in the early hours. Sometimes extremely under the influence of alcohol and have never had any problems whatsoever. Maybe i have just been lucky or do not look like an easy target, but if this is going on i would have thought i would have noticed something.

The flash-n-grab LB trio was out twice last week (that I saw) near the Asoke Skytrain station. They must be paying off the police as they’ve been reported numerous times (according to Stickman’s column).

The pickpocket gangs like to hang out in two areas; on soi corners (so they can run down the soi and disappear after scoring), and where the Sukhumwit sidewalk narrows (at SkyTrain entrances and/or bridges that cross the street).

The narrow sidewalk is a particular favorite of some evil doers as it funnels potential targets into striking distance as well as hiding them from the street. We avoided the flash-n-grab trio as they waited in the narrow sidewalk the first time by stepping into Sukhumwit to bypass the area. On the second spotting we used the Asoke Skytrain station to cross the street. We didn’t see them Tuesday night, but used the SkyTrain station to cross the street anyway, just to steer clear of any trouble.

It’s interesting to note that lower Sukhumwit is a district boundary; the two sides of the lower Sukhumwit are policed by two different precincts, and they just don’t have that problem on the south side.

It’s also important to point out that if anything does happen, don’t bother going to the police box on the south side of Asoke as the odd side of Sukhumwit is in a different district and they won’t cross the street to help out.

Here are some useful telephone numbers:

Thai Police: 191 or 123

Tourist Police: 1155 or 678-6800

Surprisingly, local security guards are also a good resource should problems arise. They’re paid even less then the police, so a tip is a good way to thank them.

Walked from soi 7/1 to soi 21 twice last week in the early hours, stopped at a couple of street bars on the way and no problems at all.

Edited by reissit