robw

Majestic Grande (updated 2014)

Yes the Pool is not usable at all. But overall I like the place and especially the concierge and the security staff are very good and polite. The only problem I have with them is that I stay there in about once in every three months and they still do not seem to keep a database on regular guests. A lot of hotels would keep that because it helps when you check in.

Yes the Pool is not usable at all. But overall I like the place and especially the concierge and the security staff are very good and polite. The only problem I have with them is that I stay there in about once in every three months and they still do not seem to keep a database on regular guests. A lot of hotels would keep that because it helps when you check in.

I agree. I spend from 15 to 25 nights there, multiple visits. Some short ones, 2-3 days and some kong inescapable, up to 9 nights. Everytime I start as a new customer and never got a sort of upgrade or so.

Staff at concierge, tho', do remember me well and so does security. But receptionists never make you feel like a real regular. Even if you come back 4 days after the previous stay.

Still I can live with that. Location is perfect, breakfast enjoyable and price is ok.

Bit of wild little Arab boys running through the rooms, sometime, as someone said,

This place looks pretty good. Can anyone tell me what the gym is like?

Do they have free weights and a power rack or just cardio machines?

Member Bronzi from LBP was kind enough to take some pics of the gym

It looks workable, the website should update their pics.

7evy3y7e.jpg

syrumyme.jpg

y7u9uheq.jpg

ype6uhep.jpg

zyta3umu.jpg

I stayed at Majestic Suites last Sept -Oct which gave me access to the pool and gym at MG. I found the temperature of the water to be agreeable. Then again, with it being my first trip to LOS, I was not feeling much pain at all... :D

Majestic Grande is taking the steep rate path....

You can't book a room for less than 4000baht now, breakfast included. Sometime even on pre-payment terms.

Taking into account it was a bit less than 3000 a few years ago, you wonder if its success (often fully booked, often by good spenders as Arab families) is a reason for this high price policy.

Gonna be there in a few days, but for a short September trip (2 nights) I might try Nana Hotel, aka Jurassic Park. I tried it on a daytime booking (1400 was its rate...not bad for ten hours lay over)

I ain't a cheap Charlie, but not strictly needing overpricing.