Sign in to follow this  
bangui

Late Night Eats

For those with the late night munchies, and in the area of Sukhumvit 11, I highly recommend a chicken rice (Khao Man Gai) street vendor just inside of Suk 11, on the right side. The owner opens around 9 pm. Very moist chicken, tasty rice and great chicken broth.

Had some last night on my way back from Gulliver's - it always hits the spot.

Anyone have a favorite street food stall?

That must be a good place. Sha Sha took me there when given the choice to go anywhere. Four other ladyboy's showed up, and two others came to late. I had the Kaupot goon (sp) prawns rice with an fried egg in it. Fantastic. 120 baht for both of ours.

Some others on soi 5. Foodland is 24/7 a little more expensive than the food carts. Pretty good and more variety.

My absolute favorite is the hoi tod carts when I can find one. None in nana/sukhumvit area that I have found. It's basically musses and eggs fried into sprouts and special powder. http://importfood.com/videos/018-Dish8.html The carts I found in enjghborhoods didn't open till after 3 PM. and open late.

That little market on Chao Praya near Hilton Millineum hotel has place with them. Not for late night eats, but a good place to go shop, cross the river on 2 baht boat

if its late, post bar close, the beginning of Soi 11 often has lots of gals munching down post work. Always a good sight on the way home!