goblin

Dawin Hotel ( Updated 2014)

It is a while I was not in Dawin, but two years ago there were no bum guns attached to the toilets. Did they install them recently?

I was there, in a standard room, in March and there was a bum-gun in my bathroom.

Hi all,

Great source of info on here. I'm finally heading back to Bangkok this November after 8 years and have booked at the Dawin in the Superior room for a few nights.

Does anybody know how far of a walk it is to Soi Cowboy? I kind of want to check out the action there as well and bring a guest back. I don't want to change hotels.

But I guess there's always the Tuk Tuk option....

Hi all,

Great source of info on here. I'm finally heading back to Bangkok this November after 8 years and have booked at the Dawin in the Superior room for a few nights.

Does anybody know how far of a walk it is to Soi Cowboy? I kind of want to check out the action there as well and bring a guest back. I don't want to change hotels.

But I guess there's always the Tuk Tuk option....

Its a fair walk to Cowboy. About 15-20 minutes using the Soi 6 short cut to avoid Nana (which is less than a 5 minute walk). Its one stop on the Sky Train Nana - Asoke).

No chance of getting a guest to walk back so the only option with company is a mototaxi if you are game or a taxi.

Having had to leave condo as was full after three nights I went to the Dawin and as I booked in and handed passport they say oh you stay here before, you only need to sign card we can fill details in for you. Makes it so much quicker to check in.

Stayed there in March this year and i know it is GF but i do not know if it is LBF (but i suppose it is as i never had any problems bringing guest). Stayed in a superior double. Very good service and would stay there again but not next time as i like to try a new hotel now and then

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

Thanks for the update and photos. Yes it is ladyboy friendly as are most hotels in the Nana District.

I might add that i have stayed in 3-4-5* hotels around the world but the bed in The Dawin is the best ive ever tried,

Best ever? I've stayed there 3 times, and the bed was fine, but not as good as the ones at the Majestic Grande on Soi 2, and certainly not one of the very best I've ever slept in. It is a better than average bed, in my book.

Thanks for the update and photos. Yes it is ladyboy friendly as are most hotels in the Nana District.

Yes it is, there is a 500 b charge for additional person - 3rd 4th 5th etc...., I've stayed there a lot and its cool, but I wish they would include breakfast in their prices, must say I prefer the Dynasty Grande though, rooms are a lot bigger and its more spacious everywhere with a better pool.

Yes it is, there is a 500 b charge for additional person - 3rd 4th 5th etc...., I've stayed there a lot and its cool, but I wish they would include breakfast in their prices, must say I prefer the Dynasty Grande though, rooms are a lot bigger and its more spacious everywhere with a better pool.

I stayed there in March and booked online. It said free breakfast was included but on asking, on arrival, they said no breakfast. The manager said ' Oh you booked on the Home page, but offered no explanation, or breakfast!

Rooms are big enough and quite nice. I had a front, looking over Soi 4. Would stay again.

I stayed at Dawin last November for 4 nights. It's a good hotel. Newer and modern. I booked a standard room and it was spacious enough with a shower and a bathtub. Guest friendly. F/D calls your room after your friend leaves to make sure everything is OK. It's about a good 5 min brisk walk to NEP. There's a 7-11 next door for snacks, drinks, and of course, rubber ;) . Stupid me didn't get to try the swimming pool last time, as I'm sure the girls would have loved it. I plan on booking a room again this year. I like this hotel because it's a bit a ways from all the action so I found it peaceful and quiet there.

Stayed 2 nights in May. Got a bargain deal through their website while in bkk. Decent size room for fun and games although you wouldn't want to hang out all day with a companion. Small pool on the roof. Decent for relaxing late afternoon. Food's ok and staff are excellent. First stayed here in 2009 and it hasn't dated at all. Still in goid nick. (I flatter myself that I'm the same but...)

Location is ideal for a mongering trip - short walk straight up soi 4 to the action. Personally I'd tire of the area if he was here long term - prefer a change of scenery during the daytime. Two nights was perfect.

I could not see any recent review of the Dawin Hotel on Soi 4, so here are some photos of my 4th floor room last week. I last stayed at the Dawin in about 2017 and the room seem to have been redecorated since then. The reception area has been remodelled with an electronically locking glass door controlling access from the reception area to the lift and the stairs.

The hotel room is not large but is well fitted out and very clean, and the in-room safe is big enough for a 15" laptop. The shower cubicle is big enough to accommodate 2 people.

The hotel is still totally guest friendly. When I brought back a ladyboy for an overnight stay, there was absolutely no problem. Reception just asked how long she was staying (i.e. ST or LT?). When I said that she was leaving the next morning, they merely looked at her ID card and returned it to her. Reception explained to me that if the guest is staying for a couple of hours then reception retain the ID until the guest leaves, and if the guest is staying longer they do not retain the ID. In fact when my LB guest left in the morning I was still in my room, and reception did not phone to check that everything was ok before the guest walked out of the hotel.

I had booked my room direct with the Dawin using their website, and when I checked-in they offered me 5% discount for payment in cash.

The reason that I had booked the Dawin was because I thought that the nearby Dynasty Hotel was still closed. However, the Dynasty is now open for business and last week was offering room rates a bit below their pre-covid room rates. They quoted me Baht 1,280 for rooms in the front wing and Baht 1,480 for rooms in the newer back wing.

20230130_204154.jpg

20230130_204219.jpg

20230130_204234.jpg

20230130_204248.jpg

20230130_204304.jpg

20230130_210821.jpg