goblin

Dawin Hotel ( Updated 2014)

Just some feedback re the Darwin which I stayed at Recently

Located in Sukumvit Soi 4 about 200 meters up Soi 4 on the left hand side driving from Sukumvit.

Very close to the action in Nana Plaza and also good shopping, walking distance from the Skytrain. Easy to get to the airport via the tollways.

Price

I booked and paid on line using www.thaihoteldiscounts.com

it cost me 1,830 Baht for a single room.

I checked with the receptionist and to pay cash would cost 1900 Baht.

So you save 70 Baht if you book on line, but if you pay cash you do not have to give your credit card number. Hence in future I would pay cash as I do not like giving my credit card number.

Room Quality

The hotel is new, very nice, the room was nice but I thought small. Mind you I might have been spoiled by staying as the Aspen Suites in Soi 2 where you get a huge room. However it is adequate.

No complementary water etc.

Also no major news channel on the TV, no BBC or CNN or aljazera.

Food

Not sure I did not eat there but seems adequate.

Staff

All staff are friendly

LB friendly

No problem getting guests into your room, they have to give their ID card and you get a call when they leave to make sure you are OK.

Deposit

You pay a deposit of 500 Baht and get this back no problem.

So it was OK but not my ideal as the room size was on the small size.

Hope this has been usefull to you.

Hi LB or GG-Love 'em both

thanks for your comments

Whilst I am sure there are good LB friendly good size room at Soi 4 I really feel you would not be dissapointed staying at Aspen Suites in Soi 2.

Huge suite type rooms, LB friendly, about 1900 Baht, new

Regards

Hi LB or GG-Love 'em both

thanks for your comments

Whilst I am sure there are good LB friendly good size room at Soi 4 I really feel you would not be dissapointed staying at Aspen Suites in Soi 2.

Huge suite type rooms, LB friendly, about 1900 Baht, new

Regards

Thanks for your recommendation Goblin.

Hmmmmmmm - I might just take up on it, as I'm only staying for 2 days before I hit Pats, so 1900 per night is no problem

Which website do you use to book up? I'm gonna be landing in BKK on the 25th Dec, so I don't just wanna turn up without a reservation, as I know it will be fully booked.

Cheers

Which website do you use to book up? I'm gonna be landing in BKK on the 25th Dec, so I don't just wanna turn up without a reservation, as I know it will be fully booked.

Cheers

Hello again Gobin,

No need to reply to my question above, as I've now book at the Aspen Suite through Agoda,

Thanks again

:)

I am actually thinking about checking the Dawin when I hit BKK for some LB action in early september - was it a standard room that was a little on the small side?

I forget what kind of room I had but it was a little on the small side but very adequate.

I highly recommend this hotel. LB friendly, clean, friendly staff and close to everything and yet still a little bit of peace and quite. I also used the little travel agency in the lobby to get a last minute flight to Phuket and then on to Pattaya. They got me a better price than I could find online. They saved me enough money for a one LT in Phuket :)

I spend a night in a deluxe room and a couple nights in a standard room. The deluxe room may have been worth it IMO. The standard room was very small and so was the bed.

Both rooms didn't have a bum hose though and the food at the hotel was quite poor.

I would stay there again.

I like it.

Clean, good location, friendly staff, LB friendly, and the LB's like it.

You can get Deluxe room for 2,680 baht,bargain.Going to book today.

I just booked a deluxe room which according to their website is 36 sqm.

That sounds big enough to me I'm looking forward to staying there.

I just booked a deluxe room which according to their website is 36 sqm.

That sounds big enough to me I'm looking forward to staying there.

I had the standard room and thought it to be very nice, so the deluxe should be a treat. Very clean nice hotel and the staff is great. Close to everything and the LB's like it as they are treated with respect.

If you go to Dynasty Grande website, same chain as Dawin...special promotion Delux room 1800 Baht..............(says from now thro Seprember, so not sure if includes September ??)

Edited by lis

I had the standard room and thought it to be very nice, so the deluxe should be a treat. Very clean nice hotel and the staff is great. Close to everything and the LB's like it as they are treated with respect.

Sounds good to me.

I had the Dawin burger one night and I counted 9 chips on my plate :angry:

Nice rooms but a little on the small side

I've booked a deluxe room 36sqm. should be big enough.

I've booked a deluxe room 36sqm. should be big enough.

I really liked the place, never even checked out the pool. The streets were full of red shirts, cops , military and people. The intensity was on HIGH so I went out everyday to watch everything.

I stayed there and liked the room and the location. Do not recommend eating there. It was close to Nana and Suk, safe at night for walking back from the bars, close to the skytrain. I might try it again, or maybe try another place that serves a good breakfast since I like a free breakfast to wake up to without having to go out and find one.

I've been reading many of the hotel reviews. For a (relative) newbie, this is so hugely useful!

Based on some of the reviews, I'm thinking of booking a Superior Room at the Dawin. Can anyone who's stayed here clarify if the Superior rooms have 'Butt guns', please?

Any info will be much appreciated!

Thank you, guys :-)

Yes, the Darwin does have them. I was there last month. Just about all Thailand hotels have them.

It is a while I was not in Dawin, but two years ago there were no bum guns attached to the toilets. Did they install them recently?

Edited by bullseye_maco

It is a while I was not in Dawin, but two years ago there were no bum guns attached to the toilets. Did they install them recently?

They have installed them in the whole Dynasty group inc DIG, Dawin and Dynasty Inn in BKK