Sign in to follow this  
Bangcock

Bangkok to Pattaya

I have to take a taxi this Monday from BK to Patts as I have more bags than the bus can carry.

I'm pretty sure I can bargain down from b1200 to b1000, at least, but would I be expected to

pay tolls on top of that? I'm considering a charter van for b450, but I know that hell too well.

I have to take a taxi this Monday from BK to Patts as I have more bags than the bus can carry.

I'm pretty sure I can bargain down from b1200 to b1000, at least, but would I be expected to

pay tolls on top of that? I'm considering a charter van for b450, but I know that hell too well.

Sorry mate. Usually someone can help you much quicker. I just found out about the Bell bus service. It runs every 2 hours from BKK airport to Patts (your hotel!) Check out this video that shows everything about it and will save BM's lots of dough, jack cash, or baht. Only 200 baht!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6zH85G__Z8&feature=player_embedded

This is there website so you can pre book, although in the video he mentions no need but recommends. Aussies are a helpful lot.

Bloody fantastic!

http://www.belltravelservice.com/

Edited by Slam Man

Its all negotiable.

What ever the final price will be, specify with whoever you book with if the price includes tolls or not.

If its a different driver than who you booked with, and quite often it is, specify with the driver the price with/without tolls.

I generally use one of the touts on Soi 4 and book the day before.

Generally the price is 900/1000 without tolls and 1000/1100 with tolls.

i do not understand how you can have too many bags for a bus and yet you can get them into a taxi. 45 seater bus all the luggage you want leaves ekamai bus station approximately every 1/2 hour for pattaya nua, takes about 1 hour 45 mins depending on time of day and traffic, cost 113 baht. you can not book seats you just turn up and buy ticket. i used to drive to bangkok when i ventured to the capital but now i use bus all the time, ekamai is only 2 stops on sky train from nana.

Two Stops

Err Ekkamai is E7 you then have

E6 Thong Lor

E5 Phrom Phong

E4 Assoke

E3 Nana

kast time I counted that was four stops and who the hell wants to be lugging bags up to the platform and onto the skytrain.

Two Stops

Err Ekkamai is E7 you then have

E6 Thong Lor

E5 Phrom Phong

E4 Assoke

E3 Nana

kast time I counted that was four stops and who the hell wants to be lugging bags up to the platform and onto the skytrain.

take a taxi then still a hell of a lot cheaper than getting taxi from bangkok to pattaya, cost of taxi nana to ekimai then 113baht on bus a no brainer