Sign in to follow this  
hothits

The Nana Hotel Restaurant

I booked my first two nights at the old Nana Hotel. (That puts me sorta close to the action ha ha).

Anyone have any comments about the restaurant in The Nana Hotel?

I booked my first two nights at the old Nana Hotel. (That puts me sorta close to the action ha ha).

Anyone have any comments about the restaurant in The Nana Hotel?

i have not eaten there for a while, but it used to be good standard hotel fare. (Thai menu.)

as in any hotel of that class the farang food is most always below the taste of the Thai food. they erroneously think that if it looks like farang food, it must taste like farang food, not so. and for some reason at breakfast they use a flashlight to make the toast, as do most Thai places.

girls will not complain if having basic room service there as the kitchen knows who they are serving and have that down pat.

there are so many restaurants in the area though. Majestic around the corner near the police box on Sukhumvit has great Thai food 6 nights a week. (1 day the chef is off and i find it to be not as good.)

also the food counter at Foodland on Soi 5 is a good bet for basic Thai and some Farang food. the executive chef for foodland worked at Sheraton hotels in the USA before working for them, so it is not too bad and very reasonably priced. Foodland dishes are also UBER FRESH as it is a supermarket first and not a restaurant.

for variety go down the Arab Soi Suk 3/1. go past the first ally way and look to the left for Sherazade. Egyptian cuisine at its best and also Indian and Thai. (the owners are friendly but LBs in there will not be appreciated by the guys and families.) i think it is one of the best restaurants in the world. not just BKK, the world.

Edited by bkkladyboy

Thanks again for all your knowledge. I'll make sure I check out Sherazade when I'm not with a date.

go with a friend if possible so you can order more food and have a few more dishes to sample. i believe they are still open 23 hours a day. close between 6 and 7 to clean. service is good too. the Thai girls/captains speak English well and if an Egyptian guy takes your order just point at the menu items.

the sheer volume of trade insures that all is fresh and prepared daily.

recommendations from the menu:

Hummus

Babaganoush

Lentil Soup (like ambrosia)

Chicken Tikka

Lamb Koffta

Leg of Lamb (i eat the entire think myself although good for 2)

Chapati is my preference although the Nan bread is good too.

Tabouleh Salad

Okra in Tomato

Moussaka

Byrani Rice with Shrimp

Coconut Custard

and the best Turkish coffee in BKK. the beans are hand carried by a friend of the owners in his luggage form i believe Dubai.

peak dinner time can be packed out with families and screaming kids. i go for lunch mid-afternoon or after 9:00 pm. there is a prayer room upstaris and yu will see guys coming and going for that, a very peaceful place. needless to say, no booze is served here.

map sukhumvit soi 3-1 bangkok - Google Maps_1297323964722.jpg

Edited by bkkladyboy