Mark22

Dentist recommendations please

Anyone know of a good dental practice in Bangkok and maybe the actual dentist's name as well ?

Just for regular stuff like fillings, crown etc.

Thanks in advance.

Ive been to Bangkok Smile in Asoke, several times, had great service

A word of advice, I went to Dentist near Tuk Com, (Pattaya), he gave me six filling, and told me I needed a crown on a tooth, he quoted a expensive price, as I was going to meet a friend in a city outside Bangkok I just waited.

The friend & Guest house owner said go see this Dentist, I went along (everything was in Thai), Dentist spoke limited english, but said I cant see anything wrong, I explained what happened, he said 'only a filling is needed to build up that inside, 300baht walked out a happy man

On 5/4/2023 at 12:02 PM, KIWI66 said:

Ive been to Bangkok Smile in Asoke, several times, had great service

A word of advice, I went to Dentist near Tuk Com, (Pattaya), he gave me six filling, and told me I needed a crown on a tooth, he quoted a expensive price, as I was going to meet a friend in a city outside Bangkok I just waited.

The friend & Guest house owner said go see this Dentist, I went along (everything was in Thai), Dentist spoke limited english, but said I cant see anything wrong, I explained what happened, he said 'only a filling is needed to build up that inside, 300baht walked out a happy man

Always good to shop around , thanks for sharing 

Edited by whiteshirt

My dentist in Sydney told me I had to have root canal treatment on a tooth which was going to cost A$2500. I saw prices in Thailand were about 8000 Baht, A$250.

I went to a dentist in Phuket, he walked in, looked like he was about 18 years old. He didn't say hello or introduce himself, just said what you want. I told him about my dentist wanting to do root canal. He looked at the tooth for a few seconds and said no, I extract it and give you implant. BS! I walked out, went back to Sydney and forked out the $2500 to have a professional do it!

If you can find a good professional dentist in Thailand then it will save you a ton of money but good luck! I am sure there are some but plenty of shonky dentists there.

I've used Bangkok International Dental Centre several times and always pleased with the result (and cost...also from Sydney so I understand your pain). My lb 'gf' always chided me that it was ek-pensive - it is aimed at farang - but to me it was reasonable and honest.

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Bangkok Smile (not sure which branch) is probably one that I'm going to explore further due to the locations and overall reputation. If anyone has any experience there (thanks KIWI66) then that would be greatly appreciated.

I walked the the Soi's of Sukumvit , looking at the many Dentists clinic's around, I was in Asoke, not fat from Terminal 21, I noticed several farang , coming out of the Bangkok Smile clinic, so I approached them, explained my apprehensive state concerning Dentists in Thailand etc, they all said they had been attending Bangkok Smile Dental for many years, no problems occurred.In the waiting area it was full of farang,,, so I went and registered & paperwork etc,,, the dentist was great.....but  will add to this story

T had a early morning appointment one year, I had a late night in 'Nana plaza', I stumbled out of the hotel bed pulled on the shorts & Tee shirt form the night before, & just made ti to the clinic on time, relaxed back in the chair, dentist was cleaning the teeth & filling's, the dental assistant's were smiling & giggle away at something( being hot weather I only had on light sports shorts ( I had gone no underwear). The Dentist, gave then a stern look, everything went quite, for a short time, the dentist finished her work on my teeth, a big smile & laugh on her face 'saying you have a good holiday ENJOY), the nurses gave me some very sexy looks, I didn't really what it was all about. Arrived back Soi 8, decided 'Shower time, took me short's of lying them front side upwards down, and i spot A HUGE FULL SET OF LIPSTICK MARK, RIGHT WHERE THE 'THE OLD MAN HANGS DOWN', I'm so glad the staff at Bangkok Smile clinic ahd a great conversation starter for the rest of the week

On 5/8/2023 at 11:39 AM, Mark22 said:

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Bangkok Smile (not sure which branch) is probably one that I'm going to explore further due to the locations and overall reputation. If anyone has any experience there (thanks KIWI66) then that would be greatly appreciated.

Hi all

@Mark22 how did you get on with this, and any further feedback for us ?

A slight twist on your question : I am looking for a decent dental hygienist in Bangkok - ie it’s a good clean I need, not a dental check-up or dental work … do you or any one else here have any tips for that ?

With thanks in advance

Edited by BangkokBacchanalian

1 hour ago, BangkokBacchanalian said:

Hi all

@Mark22 how did you get on with this, and any further feedback for us ?

A slight twist on your question : I am looking for a decent dental hygienist in Bangkok - ie it’s a good clean I need, not a dental check-up or dental work … do you or any one else here have any tips for that ?

With thanks in advance

I did get one cleaning in Smile Dental Asoke branch this summer. Very professional. I recommend.

Thanks. Good to know. That’s about 20% of the cost for me here. I may consider doing that at some point, but insurance is picking up my dental bill next month so I’m good for a while.

But that does cause a dilemma if I’m in BKK and need my teeth cleaned.  Do I frivolously spend 1500 on my health or do I put that money to a more reasonable use…like buying lady drinks? 555

16982670558898364583590878164833.thumb.jpg.d4dfefea9daf6edb9138cd1a23b6f71b.jpg
Is quite cheap but where I live it is free if you do it every year together with preventive checkup

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A546B met Tapatalk

I can also report I got a great cleaning at Bangkok Smile in Asok earlier this month. Two things I particularly liked 1) on the telephone to make the appointment they quoted me 1,200-1,500 thb, dependent on how much work the hygienist decided she needed to do once she looked at my gnashers. Having accepted the quote I fully expected that once I turned up they’d charge me the full 1,500 - but no, when the hygienist/dentist took a look in person, she told me 1,300, which we settled on, before she started the cleaning. 2) I specified I only wanted a clean and not a dental check-up - but when the work was finished the hygienist/dentist said she’d checked my teeth at the same time and no cavities/no work to be done. I can only assume that if in fact I did have a problem needing dental work, she would have told me. So in effect - a free check-up thrown in with the high quality clean. I will definitely be going back.

I was in Pattaya 2022, I wen to a Dental Clinic near Tukcom, had a number of filling's done, the dentist said I needed a 'crown', I replied 'maybe next week', as I only intended to stay in Pattaya 2.5 wks. Yes guys I enjoyed the LB's & GG's in pattaya.

I then went up country to the provincial (country) area's and stayed the rest of my trip their, got to know a few locals and they told me to see a dentist near a night market, so I popped in and made appointment, next day walked in began the examination 'Dentist said I can see you have had some new fillings ', yes but i NEED A CROWN, he said where??, no you only need a small filling on that tooth, 300 baht,,,I walked out the door.

Yep we all go for the LB's & GG's, but we do forgot to check the 'Health', going to the dentist is money well spent, LB's & GG's ( short time & longtime) memories only, the 'old teeth' are used ever single day....