DanfromNorway

Best hotel in Bangkok if money is no issue.

Four Seasons without a doubt. I was last November in Bangkok, tried some 5 stars hotels. Capella Bangkok, Rosewood, 137 Pillars suites but without a doubt Four Seasons is a clear winner. 

Also stayed at S 15 Sukhumvit, nice also with a location hard to beat for a budget hotel.

Next trip will stay at S 15 again, at Mercure at Soi 11, at Park Hyatt and again at Four Seasons. 

Edited by DanfromNorway

I once stayed at the Peninsula down by the river.

With the floor to ceiling windows and outstanding views of the river it is very hard to beat. 

They have a private ferry that takes you to other side of the river.

Not something i would ever pay for myself, but I was speaking at a 5 day conference, all fees paid by the organisers. 

I'd rate the Peninsula in the top 3 hotels worldwide I have ever stayed at.

SAG

35 minutes ago, sydney69er said:

I rate Hyatt Regency, not as the best hotel but the best location (for mongers), on corner of Soi 13 Sukhumvit. Price around 7000 THB per night depending on season. I have seen it cheaper but 7K seems to be the average. Suites go for 13,000 THB per night. Great buffet breakfast, nice swimming pool and gym on level 6 and very cool rooftop bar. I have stayed at Park Hyatt (over 16,000Thb per night for standard room) which was very nice but not the same awesome location as Hyatt Regency.

Hyatt Regency is a very nice 5 star hotel. 1 minutes walk to Soi 11 with heaps of restaurants to choose from, and Cindy's Secret.

450 meters - 4 minutes walk to Check-in Bar. 8 minutes walk to Nana Entertainment Plaza, 9 minutes walk to Soi Cowboy. 2 minutes walk to Nana BTS if you want to venture out around Bangkok.

Street walkers (GG and LB) right out the front most nights.

When I stay there I very rarely venture further than 450 meters!

Or Sofitel, just on next block past Soi 13. I have not stayed there but still great location.

Pics of a King Deluxe Room from my stay at Hyatt Regency in July last yeat

Bathroom.jpg

Hyatt Regency King Deluxe Room.jpg

Fantastic room /hotel Syd  …the moaning “ how much “ brigade will be along shortly , brace yourself 5555 

6 hours ago, sydney69er said:

I rate Hyatt Regency, not as the best hotel but the best location (for mongers), on corner of Soi 13 Sukhumvit. Price around 7000 THB per night depending on season. I have seen it cheaper but 7K seems to be the average. Suites go for 13,000 THB per night. Great buffet breakfast, nice swimming pool and gym on level 6 and very cool rooftop bar. I have stayed at Park Hyatt (over 16,000Thb per night for standard room) which was very nice but not the same awesome location as Hyatt Regency.

Hyatt Regency is a very nice 5 star hotel. 1 minutes walk to Soi 11 with heaps of restaurants to choose from, and Cindy's Secret.

450 meters - 4 minutes walk to Check-in Bar. 8 minutes walk to Nana Entertainment Plaza, 9 minutes walk to Soi Cowboy. 2 minutes walk to Nana BTS if you want to venture out around Bangkok.

Or Sofitel, just on next block past Soi 13. I have not stayed there but still great location.

Bathroom.jpg

Absolutely true, for mongers like us definitely the best location, especially when you are a short time in Bangkok, for a longer period though I prefere to change locations... 

On my very first couple of trips I stayed at the Banyan Tree which was incredible, from the excellent rooms to the rooftop bar and great restaurants. That was until I realised how far it was from the action, now a much cheaper place on Soi 15 right in the thick of it all.

On 3/11/2023 at 9:34 AM, sydney69er said:

Bathroom.jpg

I take it that the bath got moved when you were chasing her around the room?.

Closeto thefun area Sofitel no doubt. Guestfriendly top rooms Belga rooftop restaurant one of the best in Bkk. Excellent executive lounge. Just after covid was like 4000thb a night Now more towards 6000

Outside fun area Banyan tree. Almost unbeatable. But pricy!
Staying now most of the time Mercure soi 11, as I managed aspecial rate there all year long at 3000thb.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A536B met Tapatalk

Novotel Soi 20 if you want more bang for your bucks. It has a boutique feel, good swimming pool and roof bar and one of the best breakfast range and location in the business. Quiet location and walkable from skytrain.Officially four star but feels like 5. For deeper pockets, Sheraton Grande ,truly luxurious and a great live music bar

On 3/26/2023 at 4:21 PM, CatChaser said:

Novotel Soi 20 if you want more bang for your bucks. It has a boutique feel, good swimming pool and roof bar and one of the best breakfast range and location in the business. Quiet location and walkable from skytrain.Officially four star but feels like 5. For deeper pockets, Sheraton Grande ,truly luxurious and a great live music bar

I find the Sheraton dated, service and food is top notch but I find it dated. 

I’m in Bangkok for 2 weeks + in July…first trip there. I’m a Marriott/Sheraton traveler…how is the JW Marriott? Is it the “best” Marriott? Looks to be in a good location. I read in an earlier post it was being renovated a few years ago. Thanks 

I use to stay in the JW Marriott all the time since over 10 years ago. Great location especially for NEP just next door but marginally longer distance to walk if you wish to go to Soi 10 and 11 or that area. I last stayed there late last year and it was fine.... 

'Tried them (almost) all, and always came back to JW Marriott, Soi 2. Only dirty looks you get are from other guests. The staff couldn't care less, and they treat your 'guest(s)' mit greatest respect. By far my No. 1 hotel in the area. Basic cost currently around 7,000 -9,000.- Baht/night without breakfast.

I don't care, but if this is an issue for you, the hotel is mainly in the hands of customers from the middle east, some of them with a bunch of badly brought up brats...

Thanks. I’m booked at the JW for 20-30 September. Though if the Sheraton Grande or the Renaissance Marriott but will stick with the JW. And I get the executive lounge everyday for breakfast..drinks…snacks 

The JW Marriott , as said before here, beats all others for service in the area but as alternates go an old favorite is the Westin Grande. Slightly refurbished, but it's service excellent. Staff care for your safety but you are welcome to have the guests come to the 7th floor lobby and then you can bring them over. No one has an issue. Also location is even more convenient. BTS , and everything else you need at a literal 2 min walk.

If money is literally no issue (nor is location), my neighbors (a very, very wealthy Thai couple) INSIST that the only choice is the Capella Bangkok, located on the river. Most of the truly exceptional 5-star hotels are on the riverfront (the Mandarin Oriental, the Peninsula, the Siam). My neighbors put me up at the Capella when I came out for their youngest daughter's wedding. It was spectacular, but a miserable location for bringing back LBs. I think even the most brazen of us would feel uncomfortable bring a LB in through their lobby.

I've stayed at the JW Marriott many times (used to have a great govt. rate). It's fine, and the location is great, but the rooms are nothing special. I think the rooms at the Hyatt Regency are actually nicer.

I'm perfectly comfortable with "lesser" accommodations now, and my go-to place is the Mercure Soi 11.

I did the Capella, with the Verandah king room, nice, fantastic bar with peacock, fantastic CÔTE Michelin star restaurant but its a little bit clinical, also the swimming pool is below comparison with the Four Seasons, Spa is spectacular though.

I am still pushing for the FOUR SEASONS, in everything superior or equal with the CAPELLA.

The only thing i want to consider the Capella are the Verandah king rooms with outside Jacuzzi.

The Four Seasons standard rooms are nice but without an outside balcony...

They have all the same interior but otherwise TOP!

Secret tip, the NARA HOUSE in the Rosewood Bangkok.  spectaculair!!!!

On 9/2/2023 at 7:05 AM, DanfromNorway said:

The only thing i want to consider the Capella are the Verandah king rooms with outside Jacuzzi.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm in hog heaven when I am lucky enough to land a balcony room at Legacy Suites that has a chair AND a table.