dave67

Dynasty inn soi 4

Dynasty Inn, a wander down memory lane. Use to always use the building at the back. Must be nearly 30 years ago. Stopped using it when Dynasty Grande opened on soi 6. But looking at your photos I will give the Dynasty Inn another try. Especially as there is no restaurant service yet at the Dynasty Grande.

How much per night please if you don't mind me asking?

40 minutes ago, lbshagger said:

Dynasty Inn, a wander down memory lane. Use to always use the building at the back. Must be nearly 30 years ago. Stopped using it when Dynasty Grande opened on soi 6. But looking at your photos I will give the Dynasty Inn another try. Especially as there is no restaurant service yet at the Dynasty Grande.

How much per night please if you don't mind me asking?

The photos that I posted are of the standard new room (26sq.m). The current rates for the different rooms are:

Standard room (20 sq.m. with queen size bed ) is 1,390 baht per night.

Standard New room ( 26 sq.m. with queen size bed ) is 1,680 baht per night.

Deluxe New room ( 32 sq.m. with king size bed) is 2,000 baht per night.

There is a food menu in my room that says that the restaurant is open from 07.00 to 23.00 hours. However, the menu says "Dawin cafe and bar", so I am not sure if the food is cooked at the Dynasty or brought along from the Dawin.

Have you ever had the feeling that you are getting ripped off?.

Last night I booked 2 rooms in Pattaya for myself and my customer.

I booked through Booking.com. I am a Genius member and get 10% off. . I paid 3060 baht per room for 2 nights. In the meantime not knowing that I had booked, my customer booked through an online agent in China. He paid 2090b !!!!!

He showed me his invoice. Same room, with breakfast. I cancelled mine as it was a pay on arrival deal, which did explain some of the difference as they are more expensive to book that way.

Now I know that it is not an expensive room but how the hell can they explain the price difference?.

It is the same with airline ticket prices. From Aussie to BKK is about 8.5 hours depending on where you leave from. The cost these days is about $1300.00 AUD if you want to fly in a plane that does not issue parachutes as you board. This is roughly 660 pounds or 840 Euros. What do you guys pay for a flight from Europe to BKK?. A much longer flight.

I use Booking.com to compare options, but also check other aggregator websites and with the shortlisted hotels direct to. Remember that hotels use dynamic pricing based on season and how far out you book. Sometimes it pays to book late as sometimes prices will drop if they don’t meet their booking quota. But your approach is sound if you book in advance with free cancellation so you can check prices closer to the time.

Same issue with airlines and they are ripping us off in Aus. But Thai are starting twice daily flights from Sydney and Melbourne and also a flight from Perth. I hope that will push down prices as Qantas is overpriced but I’ve managed to get some business awards flights from them for the past 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s been a long time since I’ve stayed here. It was back in February 2009 and only stayed there on my last three nights. I stayed at the back annex. Though I do like having a coffee outside while people watching. The food back then was half decent though I much preferred Charlies Kitchen next door

12 hours ago, Long John said:

If you want to fly in a plane that does not issue parachutes as you board.

Haha … uk Thailand in June /July £800 ish mate 

Edited by whiteshirt

On 2/20/2024 at 3:23 AM, Unavowed said:

I use Booking.com to compare options, but also check other aggregator websites and with the shortlisted hotels direct to. Remember that hotels use dynamic pricing based on season and how far out you book. Sometimes it pays to book late as sometimes prices will drop if they don’t meet their booking quota. But your approach is sound if you book in advance with free cancellation so you can check prices closer to the time.

Same issue with airlines and they are ripping us off in Aus. But Thai are starting twice daily flights from Sydney and Melbourne and also a flight from Perth. I hope that will push down prices as Qantas is overpriced but I’ve managed to get some business awards fl

On 2/19/2024 at 6:39 PM, Long John said:

Have you ever had the feeling that you are getting ripped off?.

Last night I booked 2 rooms in Pattaya for myself and my customer.

I booked through Booking.com. I am a Genius member and get 10% off. . I paid 3060 baht per room for 2 nights. In the meantime not knowing that I had booked, my customer booked through an online agent in China. He paid 2090b !!!!!

He showed me his invoice. Same room, with breakfast. I cancelled mine as it was a pay on arrival deal, which did explain some of the difference as they are more expensive to book that way.

Now I know that it is not an expensive room but how the hell can they explain the price difference?.

It is the same with airline ticket prices. From Aussie to BKK is about 8.5 hours depending on where you leave from. The cost these days is about $1300.00 AUD if you want to fly in a plane that does not issue parachutes as you board. This is roughly 660 pounds or 840 Euros. What do you guys pay for a flight from Europe to BKK?. A much longer flight.

Yep totally agree ...just come back from Viet & Thai ..paid 8.4k for 2 bus tickets to Bris/HCM return. Have been doing research for later in year 6k or more for Bris to Bang-- bloody rip off, cheapest to go mong from Oz is around 4k+ to Manilla....pre covid got Bus return to Manilla for 2.6k .... QANTAS new boss say fares come down soon ...yeah like when.....

and quite frankly service and food on SING flights over and back was NOT up to standard as before....very disappointing.

Yep totally agree ...just come back from Viet & Thai ..paid 8.4k for 2 bus tickets to Bris/HCM return. Have been doing research for later in year 6k or more for Bris to Bang-- bloody rip off, cheapest to go mong from Oz is around 4k+ to Manilla....pre covid got Bus return to Manilla for 2.6k .... QANTAS new boss say fares come down soon ...yeah like when.....

and quite frankly service and food on SING flights over and back was NOT up to standard as before....very disappointing.

I’ve found a lot of sub $4k business with Thai from Sydney at different times of the year (I’ve booked one for Xmas!). Qantas is around $5.2 $5.5k by comparison. Before Covid I managed to find a $2.8k business fare with Qantas. It’s so much more expensive now and have to do a lot of research to get decent value