Long John

Cheapish , but ok hotel between sois 7 and 11

Well after much thought and deliberation, I have made an executive decision. After doodling around and finally booking Grand Business Inn, I have decided to make a change. Will spend the last night at Galleria on Suk 10, not far from CIB. Galleria has a pool. Would be nice to just chill out and relax.

Anyway the plan centres around spending time with a few girls, maybe 2 or 3, Lily being one of them over the first 4 nights I am in BKK. Those few nights will be at Grand Business, then down to Pattaya for a few nights, then back to BKK for the last day and night before I am off to Saigon. I really want to go out with a bang, so plan to make it something to remember.

If I prearrange it can I pay the bar fine and take the girl to my hotel around 2pm, before CIB opens?. Take her out to dinner etc, then maybe back to CIB for a few hours, before retiring back to the room for some gymnastics. Breakfast in the morning then off to the airport. Another trip over. 

On 2/25/2023 at 3:07 PM, Long John said:

Well after much thought and deliberation, I have made an executive decision. After doodling around and finally booking Grand Business Inn, I have decided to make a change. Will spend the last night at Galleria on Suk 10, not far from CIB. Galleria has a pool. Would be nice to just chill out and relax.

Anyway the plan centres around spending time with a few girls, maybe 2 or 3, Lily being one of them over the first 4 nights I am in BKK. Those few nights will be at Grand Business, then down to Pattaya for a few nights, then back to BKK for the last day and night before I am off to Saigon. I really want to go out with a bang, so plan to make it something to remember.

If I prearrange it can I pay the bar fine and take the girl to my hotel around 2pm, before CIB opens?. Take her out to dinner etc, then maybe back to CIB for a few hours, before retiring back to the room for some gymnastics. Breakfast in the morning then off to the airport. Another trip over. 

Just wondering what you thought about your stays at the Grand Business Inn and Galleria on Suk 10. I'm considering these too if I can make it out there soon.

On 2/21/2023 at 7:12 PM, tugga said:

I've always found on 8 to be pretty decent with a good location.

What's the latest on On 8 these days? Looks like a great location and price.

Citadines on soi 11 would’ve been a cheap option. Haven’t stayed there since 2018, so couldn’t give you an up to date review. But always consistently between 1600-2000b generally. 

just realised this was for an old thread  :Bonkers:

18 minutes ago, ForWhat said:

Citadines on soi 11 would’ve been a cheap option. Haven’t stayed there since 2018, so couldn’t give you an up to date review. But always consistently between 1600-2000b generally. 

just realised this was for an old thread  :Bonkers:I This is an old thread This tht

This is an old thread but the details matched my interests well so I thought it would be ok to carry on from it. I can start a new thread instead if that's more appropriate.

Regarding Citadines, is there much difference between the one on Soi 8 vs 11?  They both appear to be about the same distance from Nana BTS.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ross77 said:

What's the latest on On 8 these days? Looks like a great location and price.

I stayed on Soi 8 recently at The Hope Land, it was absolutely fine, about 100 meters past the main action so fairly quiet.

It looked more like a long termers kind of place with a small kitchenette set up. No laundry option so you need to walk up the Soi to the wash lady.

For me, you can't beat Citrus Suites, positioned between 6 & 4 so everything Nana related is literally on your doorstep,  the cut through ally takes you into

Soi 8 in 5 minutes. Both of these are within the 1500-2k bracket with Citrus being the   better quality.

Edited by taaseesanuk

7 minutes ago, taaseesanuk said:

I stayed on Soi 8 recently at The Hope Land, it was absolutely fine, about 100 meters past the main action so fairly quiet.

It looked more like a long termers kind of place with a small kitchenette set up. No laundry option so you need to walk up the Soi to the wash lady.

For me, you can't beat Citrus Suites, positioned between 6 & 4 so everything Nana related is literally on your doorstep,  the cut through ally takes you into

Soi 8 in 5 minutes. Both of these are within the 1500-2k bracket with Citrus being the   better quality.

Did Luna not do your laundry stud muffin  ? 

1 hour ago, Ross77 said:

This is an old thread but the details matched my interests well so I thought it would be ok to carry on from it. I can start a new thread instead if that's more appropriate.

Regarding Citadines, is there much difference between the one on Soi 8 vs 11?  They both appear to be about the same distance from Nana BTS.

I would opt for soi 11 just purely because there is so much going on. Can grab freelancers yards from the hotel, good restaurants and bars. Citadines in soi 8 is quite far down the soi and is very quiet. As far as the hotels themselves, they are much of a muchness. 

I agree with @taaseesanuk, Hopeland in Soi 8 is a nice and affordable place. Enjoyed many nights there last year. 

I can also recommend Travelodge in Soi 11, similar price range. A little further from WN and CIB, but crawling distance from Cindy's :D

1 hour ago, taaseesanuk said:

Citrus 5 years ago was a fantastic hotel, starting to show some serious wear and tear now though. But for mongering it’s great, the night receptionist was always some old fella, never battered an eyelid when I rocked up with Oum, ploy, and Bewty 1 night. 

2 hours ago, whiteshirt said:

Did Luna not do your laundry stud muffin  ? 

2k only you gets you so far mate!

I have stayed in Galleria 10 a few times. It’s was good for the price. During the day I am always out so never use the pool or the bar. Never had any issues and I always bring back from CIB. 
Citadines on 11 have bigger rooms but a lot of noise from the bar’s outside. So loud it’s difficult to sleep. 

1 hour ago, Rodrigo said:

I have stayed in Galleria 10 a few times. It’s was good for the price. During the day I am always out so never use the pool or the bar. Never had any issues and I always bring back from CIB. 
Citadines on 11 have bigger rooms but a lot of noise from the bar’s outside. So loud it’s difficult to sleep. 

Thanks. Similarly for me as well in that I never use the facilities like the gym, pool and bar. So just need a decent room and shower. Mirrors might be a nice addition.

1 hour ago, Rodrigo said:

Noise doesnt bother me as never in bed much before 5am anyway. Staying on soi 11 in general isn’t somewhere you should consider if you like early nights. 

4 hours ago, ForWhat said:

Noise doesnt bother me as never in bed much before 5am anyway. Staying on soi 11 in general isn’t somewhere you should consider if you like early nights. 

It depends on what you call an early night. In your case it’s early morning. In my case I sleep around midnight.