Long John

Cheapish , but ok hotel between sois 7 and 11

Looking to book a not expensive hotel between Sois 7 and 11 approx. I dont believe in paying big money for a room. Would rather use it on the girls. Thats coming from someone who has stayed in probably the top hotel in the world. Well it was when I stayed in it. Horses for courses!

I stayed in Grand Business Inn last time in Soi 11 and it was more than good enough to shag girls in, but the price has gone way up. About 60% more this coming May than it was in November.

Last time I got the grand suite for peanuts. Really good staff there as well.

5 hours ago, Long John said:

Looking to book a not expensive hotel between Sois 7 and 11 approx. I dont believe in paying big money for a room. Would rather use it on the girls. Thats coming from someone who has stayed in probably the top hotel in the world. Well it was when I stayed in it. Horses for courses!

I stayed in Grand Business Inn last time in Soi 11 and it was more than good enough to shag girls in, but the price has gone way up. About 60% more this coming May than it was in November.

Last time I got the grand suite for peanuts. Really good staff there as well.

Check out Hotel Salil on soi 11, usually cheaper rates on Agoda.

Get on Agoda ,input bangkok Sukhumvit into the search, then open the map and look for the hotels around Soi 7 to Soi 11 that have "Flash Deals".

You 'll probably get a better room for your money that way.

23 minutes ago, sydney69er said:

Yep it is easy to search for hotels online but......I think the purpose of the OP is to get recommendations from fellow mongers.

Agoda and booking.com don't tell you if the rooms are noisy or if they are guest friendly or how the staff treat you when you walk in with 2 ladyboys to take to your room or if the foyer is filled with families/kids who may have to ride the elevator with you and your 2 horn bag LBs. maybe educational for the children but I am sure some members may be embarrassed at those sort of hotels.

Haha, you got it right sydney..

I must say I enjoyed staying at Grand Business Inn. They helped me out when Thai Airways stuffed up my flight, but I think I can do better, value wise now.

I dont want to be further away from CIB than Soi 7. Lily is such a small thing, I dont want to tucker her out with a long walk!.:Rolling___:

7 hours ago, Long John said:

Thanks

11 hours ago, ethanhunt said:

Check out Hotel Salil on soi 11, usually cheaper rates on Agoda.

I checked out Hotel La Petite Salil. Is that the one?. The superior room looks ok. Only problem is that they dont have a free cancellation policy. I always like to have a safety net if plans change.

25 minutes ago, Long John said:

At the moment it looks like Maxim's Inn will be the one. Soi 7/1

Anyone stayed there?.

Yeah but it was back in September 2011

On page 2 of my hotel reviews

Edited by OneTrueSaxon

At the moment it looks like Maxim's Inn will be the one. Soi 7/1
Anyone stayed there?.
Ne er stayed there but go there sometimes to habe a beer. They have a happy hour at 80 thb a beer. Looks clean but never been in the rooms had occasional food there as well not bad. Has been renewed apparently

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A536B met Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, gainsbarre said:

Ne er stayed there but go there sometimes to habe a beer. They have a happy hour at 80 thb a beer. Looks clean but never been in the rooms had occasional food there as well not bad. Has been renewed apparently

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A536B met Tapatalk

Thanks GB

I'm booked at the Citrus 13 next month, haven't been yet but the reviews seem alright. Not too far from the Grand Business Inn. Supposedly guest friendly. IIRC the room rate is around 1300thb.

Well I checked out Maxims Inn on google earth. Not impressed, so bit the bullet and booked at my 1st choice, Grand Business Inn, Soi 11. Got a grand suite for 7800 baht for 4 nights. More than my scottish heritage would normally allow, but I like the location, the staff are great and the room I booked is large. More than enough to impress the CIB girls.

Strangely the Grand suite was the same price as the smaller room.

I have 4 nights for the first spell and 3 more when I return after visiting Pattaya.

I do like the look on the front desk staff's face when I turn up with different girls each night. As that old advert said, "priceless".

The other benefit is that I can get my tasty 99 baht burgers on the corner about 50 meters away!.

2 hours ago, Long John said:

Well I checked out Maxims Inn on google earth. Not impressed, so bit the bullet and booked at my 1st choice, Grand Business Inn, Soi 11. Got a grand suite for 7800 baht for 4 nights. More than my scottish heritage would normally allow, but I like the location, the staff are great and the room I booked is large. More than enough to impress the CIB girls.

I have 4 nights for the first spell and 3 more when I return after visiting Pattaya.

I do like the look on the front desk staff's face when I turn up with different girls each night. As that old advert said, "priceless".

The other benefit is that I can get my tasty 99 baht burgers on the corner about 50 meters away!.

The restaurant downstairs is called Kinnaree and has a wide range of Thai and farang grub, which is always consistent.

Plus if you sit at the back, you can watch the guests come and go, I've spotted quite a few LBs getting into the lifts, so the hotel is used to this.

Kinnaree also has an outside section which is also great for people watching, as that section of soi 11 always has a lot of foot traffic.

Enjoy your stay!

SAG

12 hours ago, Long John said:

Did you book with Agoda?, they generally have a cash-back offer which ultimately reduces the final price by another 700-1000 baht. Cash-back is released after 60 days of check out.

I usually stay in nicer hotels in Sathorn Thonglor or Ekkamai, close to BTS. When I know im in for a shit show with 1 or 2 or 3 LBs, I do a quick booking at LeFenix on soi 11. It's a shit hole but you can take elevator straight up to your room without the whole carding bullshit (although there are safety and security advantages to that I admit). Cost is usually 500 to 700 baht, not much more than a short time room. I don't like to shit where I eat. I will take the classier LBs to my base hotel though. Just another idea to consider in the future.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, Long John said:

What I want to know SA, is how do you know they are lb's?:hubbahubba:

Hahahahaha

There's a few I recognised and a few that had all of the telltale signs of a LB FL on a mission...

SAG