LB Loving Cowboy

Esim lcard for Samsung S22 ultra

Hi there,  headed back to Thailand at the end of this week and was thinking of going the esim route I was wondering how AIS esim works and does it run at the same time as my current t US SIM card or can I for lack of a better term can I turn the US 1 off so I'm not charged for service while gone?

I think AIS(1 2 call) only does esims for existing customers.But DTAC has them and you can order them online.Best to order just before (1 or 2 days before) you depart and they send you a QR code to download the Esim.I think this is the way to go from now on.No more messing about with SIM cards or hanging about the airport to get one.

You can just go to settings and switch between which SIM you want to use at that time.This is the one I'm looking at at the moment:-

https://esim2fly.com/product/dtac-tourist-esim-thailand-8day/#cr_qna

But if you're going to go to Thailand regularly , the ones direct from DTAC are much better packages and you have the option of choosing your phone number:-

https://www.dtac.co.th/en/new-number/esim

As someone who has always been fascinated by different cultures and societal norms, I find the concept of katoeys in Thailand to be particularly intriguing. The acceptance and integration of ladyboys into Thai society is something that is not commonly seen in many other parts of the world. I am curious to hear from the community about their thoughts on why Thailand has such a unique attitude towards ladyboys, and how this phenomenon has shaped the country's identity and reputation on a global scale. Do you believe that the acceptance of katoeys in Thailand is a positive or negative aspect of the culture? How do you think this impacts tourism and the overall perception of Thailand as a destination? I would love to hear your insights and opinions on this complex and fascinating topic.

49 minutes ago, GeorgeMef said:

As someone who has always been fascinated by different cultures and societal norms, I find the concept of katoeys in Thailand to be particularly intriguing. The acceptance and integration of ladyboys into Thai society is something that is not commonly seen in many other parts of the world. I am curious to hear from the community about their thoughts on why Thailand has such a unique attitude towards ladyboys, and how this phenomenon has shaped the country's identity and reputation on a global scale. Do you believe that the acceptance of katoeys in Thailand is a positive or negative aspect of the culture? How do you think this impacts tourism and the overall perception of Thailand as a destination? I would love to hear your insights and opinions on this complex and fascinating topic.

You should watch the video posted yesterday:

Very educational and fun to watch imho :)

On 1/30/2023 at 9:49 AM, LB Loving Cowboy said:

Hi there,  headed back to Thailand at the end of this week and was thinking of going the esim route I was wondering how AIS esim works and does it run at the same time as my current t US SIM card or can I for lack of a better term can I turn the US 1 off so I'm not charged for service while gone?

I recently travelled with an Esim purchased from Nomad. It was good for six SE Asian countries and the plan I chose was for 40days. Set up was easy via a QR code (need to use another device) and worked fine. While you are using the Esim, you won't receive calls or messages to your home number, so you need to to swap back to your home Sim to get these missed calls etc. I did this a few times a day when I had WIFI. Just remember to turn off mobile data when you do this, to prevent any charges form your home service provider.