Girthworm Jim

Top English Breakfast/Fry up places

47 minutes ago, KendoUK said:

If you're staying around Asok area, a few I'd recommend 

Red Lion - Soi 13. They do a build your own breakfast option for a cpl of hundred baht, choose 6-7 items

Sportsman - Soi 13. Best Sports bar in BKK imho, they have 2 different Full English options, one of them is pretty big.

Bullys - Between Soi 2-4 on Sukhumvit Rd. Recently reopened in a smaller unit, well kitted out though. Haven't tried breakfast yet but the other food has been decent.

If you go one stop further on the BTS to Phrom Pong, you've got Royal Oak and Robin Hood as well.

Thanks a lot mate, will check them out. Yep I’m in the Asok area!

50 minutes ago, KendoUK said:

Old English has moved now, right outside the Thong Lor BTS now.

Will be in for a pint. In July....talk about forward planning.

Fitzgerald's down near Nana Plaza is good, nice sausages, black pudding and fresh brewed coffee. Plus the bread is toasted doorstops. 

I heard good things about the English pub in the Landmark Hotel basement but it's closed for some reason.

I agree with Kendo.I always visit Suda at least once every trip.First went over 20 years ago.

A few people say it isn't as good as it used to be ,but I still like it.

Here's a few pics.

20190814_214729.jpeg

20190814_214304.jpeg

20190814_215757.jpeg

20190814_214942.jpeg

9 hours ago, katana57 said:

I agree with Kendo.I always visit Suda at least once every trip.First went over 20 years ago.

Here's a few pics.

20190814_214729.jpeg

20190814_214304.jpeg

20190814_215757.jpeg

20190814_214942.jpeg

14 hours ago, KendoUK said:

For Thai food, I'd recommend Suda.

It's in a little side road opposite Terminal 21, very reasonably priced. Always a bit of a "TripAdvisor darling" type of place. Like most places, they were on their arse during the pandemic but starting to pick up again now. I remember going there to eat in 2020 just after restaurants had been allowed to reopen again and the owner and staff were so happy to see me, like they hadn't seen a customer in a while. Very popular with tourists, but not so much the locals. 

suda-restaurant-sukhumvit.jpg

9 hours ago, katana57 said:

Here's a few pics.

20190814_214729.jpeg

20190814_214304.jpeg

20190814_215757.jpeg

20190814_214942.jpeg

Okay, I have seen this place while on a stroll from CIB, reasonably busy too. However, think it closes a tad too early (my perception), went back to try it & was shutters down.

17 hours ago, KendoUK said:

For Thai food, I'd recommend Suda.

It's in a little side road opposite Terminal 21, very reasonably priced. Always a bit of a "TripAdvisor darling" type of place. Like most places, they were on their arse during the pandemic but starting to pick up again now. I remember going there to eat in 2020 just after restaurants had been allowed to reopen again and the owner and staff were so happy to see me, like they hadn't seen a customer in a while. Very popular with tourists, but not so much the locals. 

suda-restaurant-sukhumvit.jpg

Went there with Bkkladyboy one night after going to the cinema in T21. Hopefully I’ll catch up with him in January next month

edit.... just checked the film it was 3 days to kill Kevin Costner. So it was June 2014

Edited by OneTrueSaxon

4 hours ago, Aussieguy said:

My vote Red Lion....and don't forget bangers and mash ..you get 3 big sausages not 2.

Ag

The red lion is good and so is the service.